BowSniper 24-Nov-14
Shuteye 24-Nov-14
SB 24-Nov-14
BowSniper 25-Nov-14
Beendare 25-Nov-14
HA/KS 26-Nov-14
24-Nov-14

Dave G. 's Link
While not a big fan of Hagel, I'm even less of a fan of his possible successors.

The parade off of the sinking ship begins.

24-Nov-14
That's what mild disagreement with The Emporer will get you.

Not that I'm sorry to see the demise of the old reprobate drunk.

24-Nov-14
He was only put there as a sign of good faith and bipartisanship....he never stood a chance, whether he did an outstanding job or not...be curious to see what he has to say once he is out officially.

24-Nov-14
I think this is a result of Obama’s “my way or the highway” governing style, and that certain bad Obama military decisions are so egregious that the military will refuse to agree with them. Obama has no concept of the military mindset where they would put honor and country ahead of political games.

I think you could find a bad Obama decision that prompted each SecDef departure when they just had to refuse to play along. For Gates it was leaving Iraq with too few troops (and we saw what happened there). For Panetta is was probably the Taliban trade for Bergdahl (and they still won’t release the findings on the Bergdahl investigation). For Hagel its probably Obama refusing to really fight ISIS with boots on the ground. And the next defense secretary will probably resign over Obama’s plan to abandon Afghanistan and let it fall back into Taliban hands....

24-Nov-14
Fired is the word, not resigned. I looked for it after some of the things Hagel had said recently. He and Obama weren't on the same page.

24-Nov-14
So who actually has the authority to fire him? I don't think that falls under Odipwads job title!

25-Nov-14
Fired and resigned are basically the same thing when you serve at the pleasure of the President. Obama wants to do stupid military things, the military guys oppose him... and its either fired or resigning. Same thing at that point. Its all about a government run by a community organizer and the military men who object to his battlefield strategies.

Obama will just keep replacing the SecDef with another that will follow his orders, no matter how misguided. Because its a one way train wreck from the top down...

25-Nov-14
Pretty obvious what is going on.... 1)the Republican takeover of the house infuriated them

2) they need a fall guy for the ineptitude of the white house defense policy

BINGO! BLAME IT ON THE REPUBLICAN

26-Nov-14
Spike, the ONLY solution to all of that is voting:

1. ONLY on election day 2. Paper ballots 3. New voter registration every four years

• Sitka Gear