Bustalung 24-Nov-14
Ace 24-Nov-14
Hawkarcher 24-Nov-14
tonyo6302 24-Nov-14
Anony Mouse 25-Nov-14
24-Nov-14

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
Going to try and build a baseline bow hunter thread to share the ONE common denominator I think we all share, in a positive context. Your kind cooperation and honest participation would be appreciated. Just looking to bring a little personal touch to a sometimes divisive internet forum world.

Please only one post each: to share a photo showing each Bowsite HUNTER, ARCHERY GEAR, and the GAME animal taken. Any legal game is acceptable taken with archery tackle. Doesn't even have to be a recent picture.

If you do not want to play along, perfectly fine and understandable. No need to explain why.

I'll go first - my 2014 buck, first I had taken with this bowtech experience bow.

24-Nov-14

Pat C.'s embedded Photo
Pat C.'s embedded Photo
Shot Nov. 5th evening stand. went 50 yds and crashed. Could see my lighted nock . It was starting to rain, and I said lord please let me find this deer before you let it rain. He did.

24-Nov-14

Bustalung's embedded Photo
Bustalung's embedded Photo
9/10/14

24-Nov-14

Ace's embedded Photo
Ace's embedded Photo
Vermont Moose 10/3/2013. I was lucky and I Drew one of 5 Non-resident Archery tags.

Bowsniper, good idea with this thread, I like it better than someone demanding proof that I'm a bow hunter. I have met a bunch of guys from Bowsite and hunted with some of them, good people.

24-Nov-14

Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
11/8/2010 SW Iowa

24-Nov-14

tonyo6302's embedded Photo
tonyo6302's embedded Photo
I treated my self, and spent 550 dollars attending a week long primitive bow building workshop at Holiday Lake 4H Center, near Farmville, Virginia, back in 2010.

This is a photo of the bow near completion. It is made of Osage.

I made my own string, and even tied my own Flemish Knots.

That first fall fo 2010, I killed a small doe, and the next year I killed a Tall Tined Spike with it.

The photo of the spike is on Mike Finneys's "Are You Real" thread.

If ya ever have a chance to build your own Primitive Bow, I would recommend it. It was a real hoot, working with real Bowyers, and spending a week with a dozen Toxophilites all interested in the same thing.

It truly is a small world, too. I was telling the class about my Step-son, who was with 2nd Recon 2 MarDiv, and fought the Battle of Fallujah. One Student was really interested, and asked me his name.

That student got back to me the next day, and it turns out that HIS SON was also with 2nd Recon, and fought along side my own Step-son. ( Later, the two Combat Vets got together again )

What a hoot, and what a small small world ( Walt Disney is indeed correct )

Since the thread is limited to one photo, this is all you get.

I also highly recommend the book, "The Witchery of Archery", by Maurice Thompson.

I have been an serious Archer for 47 years ( since the age of 10 )

Nice photos posted by all.

Thanks for starting this thread, Bowsniper.

25-Nov-14

Anony Mouse's embedded Photo
Anony Mouse's embedded Photo
Me and Smith at the first Amy Pray...

Biggest honor of my life asked to serve on the first BOD of Benefit 4 Kids. Smith tagged along to all the board meetings and was the official "kids" representative. Sixteen years later, am more convinced than ever that family and archery is conducive to helping kids grow into productive adult citizens.

Thanks to Pat and the CF for all the support over the years.

jack

• Sitka Gear