onX Maps
Bathroom insanity. Open door to pervs...
Community
Contributors to this thread:
TD 24-Nov-14
Pat C. 24-Nov-14
Woods Walker 24-Nov-14
Woods Walker 24-Nov-14
RJ Hunt 25-Nov-14
Woods Walker 25-Nov-14
Jim Moore 25-Nov-14
Woods Walker 25-Nov-14
Seapig@work 25-Nov-14
Seapig@work 25-Nov-14
Mike in CT 25-Nov-14
Woods Walker 25-Nov-14
Russ Koon 25-Nov-14
Woods Walker 25-Nov-14
slade 25-Nov-14
Woods Walker 25-Nov-14
Woods Walker 25-Nov-14
Dave G. 25-Nov-14
Woods Walker 25-Nov-14
gadan 25-Nov-14
TD 25-Nov-14
bad karma 25-Nov-14
Bluetick 25-Nov-14
Thumper 25-Nov-14
Pat C. 25-Nov-14
HA/KS 25-Nov-14
TD 25-Nov-14
itshot 26-Nov-14
BIGHORN 26-Nov-14
Two Feathers 27-Nov-14
Mike B 27-Nov-14
24-Nov-14

TD's Link
And if you don't like it and complain it's a $1000 fine.

"Message to Cleveland Women: There's a Man in Your Bathroom… Get Used to It! By Michael F. Haverluck, OneNewsNow.com November 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Women and men in the city of Cleveland will soon be charged with $1,000 criminal fines for voicing a problem or discomfort about a person of the opposite sex using their restrooms. This also goes for businesses that express customers’ uneasiness over a person of the opposite sex visiting the inappropriate (or non-traditional) restroom. Cleveland schools must abide by the ordinance.

Cleveland’s recently proposed and reviewed “transgender-inclusion bathroom and locker room ordinance” is not the first of its kind, as Houston and numerous other cities have also visited or enforced measures that award local residents the special right to use whatever facility they choose, regardless of their natural gender.

City officials behind the new law argue that those opposed to the ordinance need to wake up and adjust to the so-called going trend of society.

As key sponsors of the “public accommodations” section of the legislation affecting private businesses, Councilmen Matt Zone and Joe Cimperman stress that the new law was created to grant transgender people the choice to visit any restroom they choose to cater to whatever whim they have — regarding their gender identity issues.

"This is common sense legislation, and it's long overdue," Zone asserted, noting that the ordinance does not mandate businesses to provide separate restroom or locker room facilities or signs warning unsuspecting visitors. "We're in the 21st century, and it would allow Clevelanders to feel comfortable in their own environment and to use facilities that they're most comfortable with."

Family Research Council (FRC), a pro-family Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit organization is perplexed by Zone’s blanket statement that Clevelanders in general need to feel “comfortable” by allowing them to enter any restroom they choose, pointing out that transgenders constitute a miniscule fraction of city dwellers.

“Exactly which Clevelanders is he talking about?” FRC asks. “The 99 percent of locals who would have to forfeit their personal safety and First Amendment rights to comply? Or the less than 1 percent of sexually confused people who are dictating ‘morality’ to the rest?”

Nonetheless, many city officials are on board with the councilmen’s mindset, believing dissenters to be archaic and irrational.

“We have to get out of the mindset that someone is going into the bathroom to attack,” a city leader retorted when responding to fears expressed by Clevelanders who voiced concerns about the ordinance opening the door for sexual predators of all types throughout the city.

Another argument used by city leaders advocating the new law is that dozens of other cities have enacted similar controversial ordinances, alleging that pedophiles, voyeurs and other sexual predators have rarely abused the laws.

Public outrage and concern

Under the transgender ordinance, many are shocked to learn that any person or business restricting restrooms to one gender will be issued a $1,000 criminal fine. One author put it another way:

"So if a woman is alone in a business and sees some guy follow her into the restroom — and you know this will start to happen — and she screams and makes a huge fuss to draw attention to the male invading her privacy, SHE is the one who will get slapped with a $1000 fine?" a concerned author voiced over the problematic law. "How about a privacy-respecting business owner who listens to his or her female customers? Or the grandmas who stand at the door of the public pools — with pitchforks, perhaps — to keep pedophiles out of the showers with their eight-year-old granddaughters?"

FRC emphasizes how serious the proposed ordinance is and reminds women, parents and children alike that their rights as Ohioans would be violated by the controversial law. Other conservative watchdog groups defending Judeo-Christian values agree, stressing that the main issue at hand is the well-being and protection of vulnerable citizens — particularly women and children.

“All can agree that the safety of children and women must always come first,” the Cincinnati, Ohio-based organization Citizens for Community Values said in a statement. “This proposed ordinance outrageously neglects the safety and physical and emotional health of women and children and opens up real possibilities of predators and incidents of rape, assault, public exposure and other sexual abuse.”

On the other hand, promoters of the ordinance, including Alana Jochum of the pro-LGBT group, Equality Ohio, tries to put tensions at ease by insisting that anyone entering a restroom with the malice intent to harass or harm an occupant would still be liable for obstructing the law. She insists that Cleveland’s transgender restroom law would merely give transgenders the right to pick and choose the restroom that makes them feel the safest. However, no mention was given as to what would make straight women and children feel the safest.

"A transwoman who is forced to enter a male restroom is subject to a much greater safety risk than if she uses the restroom she most identifies with," Jochum said in defense of the ordinance.

The debate goes on …

Last week kicked off the first of a number of meetings held by the Cleveland City Council, which continues to push the ordinance that would make every public restroom and shower — including those found in private businesses and schools — to be freely accessible by all men and women citywide.

The transgender restroom and locker room ordinance discussed at the city’s Workforce and Community Benefits Committee meeting is just one in a bundle of ordinances under review that are being proposed to “update” Cleveland’s current anti-discrimination laws, which now seek to embrace the transgender community by handing them special rights."

The world now caters to perverts and sexual fetish. They, by decree, are now the new normal.....

24-Nov-14
you know it's happening all over the U.S., these people get in to the city counsel and then start pushing their agenda down our throats well people are sick and tired of this crap. These counsel people should have to answer for their crap. And be prepared to face the public.

24-Nov-14
If one of these sick f***s went into a bathroom that my wife or daughter was in he'd be so afraid of a bathroom after that, that he'd go outside for the rest of his life.

What's next, excusing pedophiles because "they were born that way"?

Just what in the world are we coming too???!!!

24-Nov-14
Oh...and I was NOT refering to myself as the reason for the perv's sudden life long fear of bathrooms. Now my WIFE on the other hand....God help him....

25-Nov-14
Well not me WW. I would hurt him so bad is grand kids would feel it passed down in his DNA. On the other hand in high school I could identify with the girls if that meant I could shower with em after gym class.

25-Nov-14
LOL! Point is RJ is that I wouldn't have to. She'd "beat" me to it...literally!

Now, my daughter on the other hand would just shoot him and be done with it. She's never been one to suffer fools....or pervs.

25-Nov-14
"What's next, excusing pedophiles because "they were born that way"?"

Yes. Was there any doubt?

25-Nov-14
You mean those of us that are here because we weren't hacked to pieces in the womb and then flushed down a sink? You bet! And with good reason!

25-Nov-14
"paranoid and fearful"?

Because we KNOW the difference between right and wrong and strenuously object to having 'wrong' forced on our loved ones? Seriously?

Liberalism is a mental disease.

25-Nov-14
When did it become right for men to hang out in the ladies bathroom with our wives and daughters?

25-Nov-14
When did it become wrong for transgender people to go to the bathroom?

Another classic example of the tail wagging the dog. I could also have used "another example of common sense being the first casualty of liberalism."

Let's start with the tail wagging the dog thesis.

While discrimination is rightfully prohibited by law the reverse is equally, if not more often true and to the best of my knowledge is never enforced.

What percent of the American public identifies themselves as transgender? Why should the larger percentage have to deal with an uncomfortable situation when the option of going to either bathroom is open?

This to me is another example of an attempt to force normalization, not to secure equal rights.

Let's move on to the common sense argument.

How would you or I identify a transgender individual? Do they carry a badge stating their status? Do they dress male on top, female on the bottom or vice-versa?

Of course not to both-they would look to anyone unfamiliar with them personally like anyone else strolling into the bathroom.

What would the common sense reaction of a mother be to taking her female toddler into the public ladies bathroom and seeing an adult male saunter in?

Why should a mother in this circumstance have to explain a gender-confused individual to a toddler?

I always get a kick out of the level of disconnects a liberal may manifest in life.

For example, liberals seem to embrace Darwinism yet reject the principle tenet (survival of the fittest) when it occurs in income stratification. Then Darwinism goes out the window and redistribution is the buzzword of the day.

Liberals want a clear separation of church and state, excpet for when it becomes inconvenient, e.g. the Hobby Lobby decision. Then liberals scream at government to get involved in religion, specifically to nullify a target populations adherence to its core principles.

Liberals find more and more creative ways to rationalize crime; broken home, abusive parent(s), bullying; yet display no concern over potential psychological damage inflicted on children by the example of this thread topic.

Nothing like principles of convenience....or would "retractable principles" be the better descriptor?

I cannot think of anything that provokes such a profound feeling of sadness as the increasing need to explain the obvious.

25-Nov-14
It's simple...you go to the bathroom based on YOUR plumbing.

Look between your legs. If you have an "innie", then you go to the ladies room. If you have an "outie" then the men's room.

See? So simple even a social progressive can understand it!

And then again probably not.....

25-Nov-14
Don't recall now how long ago it was when we first encountered "either-sex" facilities, marked as such.

Of course there have always been one-holers in the backyard and porta-johns at temporary crowd attractions that lacked any designation as to the intended sexual identity of the user being a prerequisite for entry.

But the first such designated as either-sex that I ever saw was during a family vacation in northern MI, at a national scenic area overlooking Lake Superior, and I think it must have been in the 1990's. The nice new modern outhouses with concrete floors had two sides, but both were identically equipped and both doors were identified with the stick figures of male and female on each. There was also a sign indicating that no animals were invited.

We also saw the same signage on a one-room outhouse at a scenic stop in AZ a few years later. It was a small scenic overlook on a narrow road somewhere between Phoenix and Apache Lake. That one may have been for animal usage as well, because there was no posted federal guideline as to their exclusion.

I recall them only because they were an unusual signage, and in the case of the one on the one-holer in AZ, because it was another example of the government sort of catching up to the public, which had been treating one-holers as being either-sex facilities since the first one was built.

25-Nov-14
If it's a single holer, door lockable, PRIVATE bathroom then I don't care who uses it as long as they flush and clean up after themselves.

But that's not what the issue is here. These weirdo pervs want to do their business in the ladies room WHILE THE LADIES ARE IN THERE.

BIG difference.

Hell, my wife and I have known each other for 44 years and we still give each other privacy when it comes to the bathroom chores!!!

If some sick SOB walks in on my wife while she's in the ladies room God help him...believe me, I know!!!!

25-Nov-14
Woods, The only problem with your theorem is the paintie waste liberals who see a "innie" when looking at their "outie" ,perception is reality. You also have to consider the "innies" who see "outies" because in their peer group someone has to man up when your hang with effeminate capons. ;)

25-Nov-14

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Matt...I've got a question for you. Are you just trying to stir us up, or are you REALLY that uncomprehending?

It's got to be the first one because you're obviously coherent enough to compose an intelligent sentence.

25-Nov-14
"Are you saying that all transgender people are "weirdo pervs"?"

YES!!! You get it!!! FINALLY!!!

25-Nov-14

Dave G. 's embedded Photo
Dave G. 's embedded Photo
If'n the gals wanna use the urinals, so be it.

But they have to understand that if they're going to use the stalls in the men's room, they better put the seat UP when they're done. :^)

25-Nov-14
And I find it mind boggling that someone as intelligent as you cannot understand the difference between having a penis and a vagina.

And then there's this word game you play about "choice", like you're talking about which brand of beer to order and not the murder of a human being.

Now THAT is mind boggling!

Oh...and speaking of work Matt, where do you work? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't tell me it's in education!!!

25-Nov-14
Yeah, I used to work at a fortune 300 company too. They made us attend all sorts of sensitivity training and such but they really just instructed us to not discuss certain topics that might offend others; they didn't go so far as to tell us to accept it.

This bathroom law goes two steps further. Our society is in real danger. I'm glad the voters of this country chose a different path a couple weeks ago.

25-Nov-14
This isn't about some uni-sex bathroom you can lock the door. This not only includes public bathrooms, but locker rooms and public showers, etc.

And if you don't like it and VOICE ANY COMPLAINT... it's a $1000 fine on YOU.

Again, there is no civil right to using the bathroom of the opposite sex. There are few gray areas as to male or female gender, no matter what someone wants to pretend they are. And lets not go into some make believe fantasyland... it IS a game of pretend.

If the plumbing has changed, their legal gender changed, then legally they use they appropriate facilities. (although they are still pretty screwed up individuals)

The facilities are separated for a reason. No one is being deprived the use of any bathrooms or locker rooms. NO ONE.

Matt, you would be fine with a transvestite or cross dresser in the locker room showering/dressing with your wife or child? I don't believe that for one second. But if you voiced any complaint it would cost you a grand....

25-Nov-14
There's a serious first amendment issue here. $1000 fine for complaining?

If you get a $1000 fine for complaining, what is the fine in Ferguson for the rioting?

25-Nov-14

Bluetick's Link

25-Nov-14
I'm ok with homosexuals using the women's restroom, might keep them from molesting boys in restrooms all across the nation. Not sure if it will increase the number of child molestations but it will increase the opportunity. But I'm going to complain because this opens the door to a unisex society. No high school male should be denied the fantasy of being the only one showering in the girls locker room with all the hot cheerleaders. If everyone is doing it then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

If this is such a great idea lets see it as a ballot issue.

25-Nov-14
What would put a stop to this is a class action law suit against the city and naming all the city counsel members for about 1.2 billion.

25-Nov-14
Pro choice - women should be able to choose - who is in their bathroom.

25-Nov-14
LOL!

Fred's got a handle on what should happen....

26-Nov-14
"I can't believe you little old ladies get this worked up over which room somebody pisses in."

uhhhh, so, like, ummm, ahhhh, who had the problem with which room they were to p*ss?

there are no little old ladies here, so I assume your comment was aimed at members of the LBGTQ community

yet another example of the intolerance and hatred promulgated by the loony left

26-Nov-14
When I worked for the DOE there was a guy named Mike that worked in our group. In a meeting one day one of the guys that was sitting next to Mike noticed something weird. When he got out of the meeting he told me that "Mike has boobs".

This spread pretty rapidly and sure enough, Mike had boobs. It was long after that Mike disclosed to management that he was going to have a sex change. Mike had heavy whiskers, was balding and was over weight.

When Mike was out on "medical leave", a meeting was held not only in our department but basically plant wide that said we were not to discuss or harass Mike for his decision and, if we did, plant management would take Mike's side.

Well, people didn't want to talk to him and when together they would look at him which made him very uncomfortable. He finally left the plant and the last I heard was that he was going through some very emotional times and file for some type of medical disability. Also, the women in our department did not want to be in the same bathroom as Mike and would hold it until he was out of there.

27-Nov-14
Asinine!

27-Nov-14
Matt:

"""Are you just trying to stir us up, or are you REALLY that uncomprehending?" Actually I'm amazed that someone who knows how to use a computer can be as ignorant as you. The fact that it's 2014 and this kind of stupidity is still prevalent.....it's mind boggling really."

So, someone hurts your wittle Matty feelings and you start insulting others. It is you Matt that is ignorant.

BTW, what has the year got to do with it? Common sense, basic morality and family values haven't a damn thing to do with the date.

If people want to build their life around what is mounted in their crotch, or what they do with it, then I guess we can't stop 'em, but I'll be go to hell before I'll agree with it.

The LBGTQ gang (I call 'em "The Alphabet People") have been pushing the boundaries of morality for decades, and the rest of America is about fed up with them.

Every fiber of my being tells me that the LBGTQ crowd is perverse, and as wrong as wrong can be. I will tolerate them..to a point, but you're a fool to believe that decent folks have changed their opinion...they haven't....they want to have jobs and support their families so they clam up and live with it. It's wrong, but they have little choice.

There is going to come a time when either the moral people of America (not religious, just moral) are going to push back, or the fabric of society will completely collapse...soon after which we'll be flying a different flag and speaking a different language.

• Sitka Gear