Dogsoldier 27-Dec-14
gflight 27-Dec-14
AZOnecam 27-Dec-14
gflight 27-Dec-14
bad karma 27-Dec-14
gflight 27-Dec-14
14-Dec-14

gflight's Link
Cases like Brown and Martin were clear cut violent attacks where a violent criminal was put down.

I am disappointed with many of you on this Grant case.

Unjust tax laws killed this man and it is inevitable that ammunition taxes will make more citizens criminals in these same states in the coming years.

Just as cigarettes have been made unaffordable to some and guns have been made unaffordable to others, soon ammunition will be the same and a black market will emerge.

My Great Aunt sold shots of moonshine (untaxed liquor)(mountain version of "loosies") to support her and her two children after her husband passed away back in the depression/prohibition era.

I would have hated to have been told I had an Aunt choked to death for trying to support her family.

Apparently whether you are selling "Loosies" in NYC or Homeschooling in Missouri you are asking to be tased, pepper sprayed, or even killed at the hands of those who are supposed to protect and serve you...

Many here in recent years are wanting to make home schooling illegal or at least suppress people from educating their kids so they are not indoctrinated to obey what government knows is best for them. They get a special scrutiny from Government agencies and law enforcement when it comes to child care where kids in public school do not.

A police raid on the home of a Missouri homeschooling family involved the use of a Taser and pepper spray. (Jason and his wife were pepper sprayed in the face then Jason shot in the back with the taser when he turned away so that the, "THUGS" and I am calling them THUGS, could enter the home. All while the children watched) The children were ultimately removed from the home and placed in the custody of social services. A Nodaway County Sheriff and an officer entered the home without a warrant.

A Nodaway County, Missouri, court has ruled against Sheriff Darren White and Captain David Glidden in the homeschooling family case. The court ruled that the use of a Taser and pepper spray on the mother and father violated the United States Constitution. The police raid was prompted by social services workers requesting an investigation into the home because it was allegedly “messy.” The family complied with the first inspection, but objected when a second visit soon followed.

The child endangerment and resisting arrest charges against Jason and Laura Hagan were ultimately dismissed.

So I ask those commenting on the Grant thread, did they get what they deserved for not complying and supposedly resisting arrest?

I heard Jason was charged with assault from a fight he had in college and a couple speeding tickets.

Does that take away his rights?

Luckily some of this family wasn't murdered for resisting arrest and it looks as if they may actually get some measure of justice for the abuse they received.

I am sure many of you feel they should have just kept complying like good citizens or spent their barrels full of money to "GET JUSTICE" in their lose/lose situation.

I did notice in the other thread the establishment GOP supporters are the same ones speaking in support of Grants killer and still making Ron Paul jokes for those against the expanding police state.

20-Dec-14
Not one comment?

Who says you guys can't keep from posting on Trolls threads?

Seems like you did well here.

Wait, highlighting hypocrisy and marginalization of truth tellers seem more fact rather than trolling.

No wonder there was no response, it shows Republican love for Liberal policies....

20-Dec-14
Never saw the thread.

I agree with you about Missouri. Hopefully the family filed a civil action!

20-Dec-14
Well gflight...here goes......

I do reject the police state. And I do reject laws and ordinances.

Let the people who say law is law and obey, flame away. I truly don't care.

I am a bit of an anarchist. But I'll also say that I live by a very very moral code of conduct for myself.

Allow me to state, just because its illegal doesn't make it wrong. And just because it's legal, doesn't make it right.

I reject the notion that the government is the "authorities". Whether it's city workers, county workers or state or federal. We pay their asses. It isn't the other way around.

I know I'm outnumbered in my beliefs, which is fine. I do believe that we have the right to speak our mind to the police. And I do every single time I feel like they're on a power trip. And I'll also back that up by saying, most of my dealings, not all, have been more better than have been bad.

I do believe that police forces, specialty units, are nothing more than revenue collectors. DOT and code enforcements. Those two come to mind pretty heavily. DOT attacks only the working man.

And the DOT is a classic example. Most of their so called "enforcers" couldn't pull a trailer or secure a load if their life depended on it.

The state gives them a handbook that says what THEY think is the best way. A terrible amount of officers don't use discretion. They go by the book which is terrible

I believe they have a moral requirement to use discretion and common sense!!

In short, I don't hate police. Or their agencies. But there's no doubt that the nonsense is growing. People would be wise to start rejecting a lot of these laws

I must side with John stossel.....I dont want to rate my law makers on the laws they pass....but rather, the bullshit laws they've gotten rid of.

That's a much better barometer for me.

20-Dec-14

"I do reject the police state. And I do reject laws and ordinances.

Let the people who say law is law and obey, flame away. I truly don't care.

I am a bit of an anarchist. But I'll also say that I live by a very very moral code of conduct for myself.

Allow me to state, just because its illegal doesn't make it wrong. And just because it's legal, doesn't make it right.

I reject the notion that the government is the "authorities". Whether it's city workers, county workers or state or federal. We pay their asses. It isn't the other way around."

Great post...couldn't say it any better.... although I consider myself more a stoic than an anarchist.

If is isn't right, don't do it. If it isn't true, don't say it.

20-Dec-14
Sin taxes only hurt the poor.

21-Dec-14
Man, don't get me started on the abuses that Child Protective Services have been perpetrating on homeschooling families all over the nation for several decades. The Home School Legal Defense Association - where I used to work many years ago - exists expressly for the purpose of protecting the rights of homeschooling families to legally educate their children at home without being harassed and abused by state Child "Protective" Services agencies.

21-Dec-14
My opinion? Statism killed Garner. Statism killed those 2 NYC cops that were executed. Rule by force will leave a body count. Always does.

Personally, I prefer "the blood of tyrants" over the blood of my neighbors, unbadged or badged. In Canada, the badges almost universally refused to enforce gun registration. No one died and the law reverted. Lesson from our great northern neighbors.

27-Dec-14
Here here!

27-Dec-14
I thought more people would be against these Democrat polices that get people killed but it is clear republicans support the Democrat police state.

27-Dec-14
Well, try and be a 9 year old setting up a lemonade stand in your front lawn. Or a small dairy that provides milk and cheese to your community.

These things can get you shot.

It's all about taxes. If you apply for the proper permit, pay for the permit, then pay taxes on what you produce, you can be "free".

Of course we can't make grain alcohol off the leftovers of our harvest, even wine from the watermelons.

The law is clear when it comes to "making your own". But how long before that extends to your tomato garden, peppers and spices?

How can we proclaim to be a free country when every thing we produce is taxed? How is that any different from what we left and fought against?

27-Dec-14
Soda restrictions didn't work out in New York. If they would have the guy could have as easily been killed for a 20oz. Pop.

Sin taxes destroy the poor, but it is for their own good, the state knows what is best for them.

27-Dec-14
The social workers and the sheriffs were out of line, as a judge held. Many, too many, social workers are "true believers" that need restraint. It is one of the reasons why I counsel my clients against ever reporting to social services, for once they get in, they are hard to get out.

It should not be hard to see a distinction between entering a home and approaching someone on the street who is committing a crime.

I find the allegation that "many here" want to make home schooling illegal total BS. You don't need to make stuff up, Gflight.

27-Dec-14
Clearly a typo on my part. Bowsiters support home schooling in general.

My intent was to get folks to compare and contrast government abuses and check their perceptions... 9 states make you meet all requirements and licensing of a private school.

MA and RI require homeschools to be subject to the discretionary “approval” of the local school district, school board or state commissioner.

Many people are good with outrageous taxes as long as they don't participate in that particular government judged sin.

Restrictions on people who are not like others and want to raise their kids rather than have public schools be their babysitters are judged as well.

It is just sad how much people want the government to restrict others rights but not their own. All the while we lose our freedom piece by piece.

• Sitka Gear