Thumper 18-Dec-14
Kathi 18-Dec-14
NvaGvUp 19-Dec-14
Dogsoldier 19-Dec-14
Woods Walker 19-Dec-14
Heat 19-Dec-14
NvaGvUp 19-Dec-14
17-Dec-14
I got this from a friend. Too good not to share!

"The federal government, which has Tomahawk cruise missiles and Apache and Lakota helicopters, used the code name "Geronimo" in the attack that killed Osama bin Laden, officially objects to the name of the Washington Redskins.

No matter which side you are on in the matter of renaming the Washington Redskins, this is funny. This guy is hilarious…

Here is an e-mail sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins.

"Dear Mr. Page...

I agree with our Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers. Well that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.

As a diehard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California. Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???)"

17-Dec-14
For real! Dipsticks in D.C.

17-Dec-14
LOL!

17-Dec-14
No. The Washington Redskins have been around since 1932. Why has it taken these people 82 yrs to get offended? Nonsense.

17-Dec-14
The reality of the situation is the vast majority of native americans are not "offended" and if I recall there is even a reservation high school team named the redskins that is never mentioned in the mix.

Not getting much traction, the search goes on for the next cool thing to be offended about. It's what keeps a liberal on the cutting edge... when everyone else jumps on board it becomes passe and doesn't show everyone that truly they are so much more progressive and caring than anyone else.... so it's time to move on to create the next victim status....

17-Dec-14
NO!

17-Dec-14
Just change the mascot to a large potato.

17-Dec-14
Hey! This thread was intended to be for laughs, not serious discussion. ;^)

What TD said X 2.

Liberals live to be offended. It's who they are. Being both offended and a 'victim' is even better!

17-Dec-14
No. Let them squaw.

17-Dec-14
The Redskins are having a terrible season this year. Their only bright spot is they beat Dallas. Will be interesting to see if they do it again.

17-Dec-14
I take it a few of you guys did not read what I posted at the start of the thread.

17-Dec-14
The Dallas Cowboys should change their name to the Dallas Cowpokes. So when they win a game it will be understood the losing team was beaten and "poked" by Dallas.

17-Dec-14
They should chance their name. Washington is offensive to the rest of America at this point.

17-Dec-14
LOL B K!

18-Dec-14
No, the Washington Hill Billy's. I would love to have a team named after my family ties.

18-Dec-14
No way Jim! The Washington Hill Billy's would only cause Hillary to think that DC is still in love with the Clintons. :^)

18-Dec-14
My son attends the University of Illinois, they deal with this crap on a daily basis.

I need to send him Kyle's post and see if they can get it printed in UofI's newspaper!

18-Dec-14
"Washington White Honkies "

That's a good one! Perfect.

18-Dec-14
I think they should change their name to the Washington "Congress". Based on the games I've seen them play neither one of them can pass anything.

18-Dec-14
Via Weasel Zippers:

PC Police reportedly inconsolable.

(AP) – Saying the word “Redskins” on the air isn’t obscene or profane — at least not according to the Federal Communications Commission.

The FCC on Thursday dismissed a petition that called for one of the team’s flagship radio stations not to have its license renewed. The petition claimed repeated use of the word “Redskins” violates rules against indecent content.

But the FCC said that the law defines profanity as sexual or excretory in nature — meanings that don’t relate to the name of the football team.

Too bad the PC Police don't see that the really offensive words all relate to Washington itself--and not a football team. But in the real world, progressives cannot be progressive without finding something to become outraged at.

Note again the initial humorous posting. No hate, threat, or profanity...yet funny. Progressive humor depends on that or the disparaging of the target's race, beliefs or sexual orientation. I do not think that progressives can truly laugh. They are a sad sad form of (in)humanity.

18-Dec-14
Please make it stop, this pc crap is getting tiresome.

We'll have to change Commander in Chief to Commander Chicken...lol

18-Dec-14
Kyle, your thread is spot on..just goes to prove that anyone can be offended. Mention any name and a liberal will be offended. Thanks for the laugh. Btw, can I borrow this?

19-Dec-14
SANITY!

"FCC says Redskins name not offensive

December 19, 2014FoxNews.com

FCC rejects 'Redskins' ban

The Federal Communications Commission dismissed a petition Thursday to deny renewal of WWXX-FM's broadcast license because it's the flagship radio station of the NFL's Washington Redskins, whose name has come under fire by some who see it as a derogatory term for Native Americans.

The petition claimed repeated use of the word "Redskins" violates rules against indecent content.

But the FCC said that the law defines profanity as sexual or excretory in nature — meanings that don't relate to the name of the football team.

Many Native American and other groups consider "Redskins" to be a racial slur and have demanded that owner Dan Snyder change the name. Snyder has vowed to keep it, despite mounting pressure over the past two years."

19-Dec-14

Dogsoldier's embedded Photo
Dogsoldier's embedded Photo

19-Dec-14

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

19-Dec-14
If the Code Talkers don't have a problem with this, I sure as heck don't!

Great post Woods Walker!

19-Dec-14
WW,

Expect a call from the IRS any day!

Great post!

• Sitka Gear