Pat C. 21-Dec-14
DL 21-Dec-14
Woods Walker 21-Dec-14
gflight 21-Dec-14
South Farm 23-Dec-14
CTCrow 23-Dec-14
17-Dec-14

HA/KS's Link
For better or worse, I have never learned to like any alcoholic beverage. Wine looks good, sounds good, and tastes like bad medicine to me.

One thing I have wondered about is whether people really can tell the difference in wines, or is it a matter of snobbery and the emperor's new wine flask.

From the link:

People could tell the difference between wines under £5 and those above £10 only 53% of the time for whites and only 47% of the time for reds. Overall they would have been just as a successful flipping a coin to guess.

17-Dec-14
I couldn't tell any thing about wine except I like some and some I don't. I worked for many years with a bunch of chemists. They were all wine lovers. Every Saturday night they would get together and taste wine. One guy would be in the kitchen with bottles of wine in brown paper bags. He would pour a sample for each chemist to taste. The smelled it swirled it around and slosh some in their mouth. They would then write the results on a piece of paper.

I was absolutely amazed at the accuracy a couple of them had. They could name the brand and year it was made. I don't know how it is possible but one chemist was just amazing. I couldn't tell the difference.

17-Dec-14
I can tell wine that sucks or is good. I've had what I consider excellent wine out of cardboard boxes. Lots of good cheap wine around in my opinion.

I like wine but not a regular wine drinker. Lean toward hard stuff and beer..

Don't drink anything like i used to... a good thing. Times.. and me.. have changed i reckon.

17-Dec-14
I lived in France for a while, going to school and playing rugby. A friend of mine who was in med school married a French woman whose father made his living buying and selling the right wines.

When I joined them for dinner with her father, I had the opportunity to drink wine that my wallet shouldn't have allowed me to look at in the bottle.

There is a big difference between good wine and bad wine. Many times there is little correlation between quality and price.

The table wine that I bought by the liter or two liter quantity for next to nothing and sometimes was transported in repurposed plastic water or soda bottles was better than most $10-$15 bottles you can buy here.

Per my buddy's father in law; Wine is meant to be enjoyed and to compliment food. Some people enjoy partaking in conspicuous consumption to attempt to validate themselves in some way. Many of those people have far less understanding than they claim.

See Penn and Teller's bit about "special water" in One of their "Bull$hit" episodes.

Find reasonably priced wine that you enjoy and pair it with a good meal.

If you just don't enjoy wine, grab a beer.

Just don't drink Bud Light for the sake of humanity.

17-Dec-14
I like our Communion wine. Everything else is fit only to rinse the toilet. Beer man.

17-Dec-14
Boy you can't have many buddies huh?:)

I like rhubarb wine. I like sweeter stuff. Yeah I drink a lot of wine lol

17-Dec-14
A long time ago I did have this thing for Boone's Farm.

17-Dec-14
Ahh Boone's Farm Apple Wine..... August was a good month. ;)

18-Dec-14
I like a good smooth bourbon.

18-Dec-14
IMO, nothing compliments a meal better than a wine suited for that particular meal. I have my personal favorites for just about any meal my wife fixes, with the exception of her Polish dishes or if we're just grilling some burgers and/or brats. With those meals, it's beer - preferably a lager or a porter, and always more than one, but less than 3.

And nothing, and I mean N O T H I N G goes better with any Italian meal than Sharon DiRinaldo's father's home made "dago red".

Now, for after the meal, bourbon, scotch, brandy, maybe a little Irish whiskey...just depends on time of year, mood, inside/outside, pool or fire pit, or maybe simply what type of glass I happened to grab first out of the liquor cabinet. :^)

18-Dec-14
Boones Farm had to have been the first really bad drunk for a whole generation... I first met earl and ralph after a night of that stuff. Met them again later that same summer after a night of Peppermint Schnapps and Coors. Can't stand the smell of either one to this day.

18-Dec-14
I dislike whine.

Probably why I skip so many posts.

he he he

;-)

18-Dec-14
I prefer Mike's Hard Lemonade.

A friend of mine and I were on a company trip and we stopped at "The Coach and Six.", near Atlanta Georgia. It is an really good place to get a meal, especially if you are on the company's credit card. They have some really expensive wine and I suppose good stuff. My friend and I aren't wine drinkers so we passed and they took our wine glasses, kinda in a huff.

When we got back and were getting ready to turn in our expense reports when the plant manager asked us if we had gone to The coach and Six. My friend said, yes but I don't see what is so great about that $125 a bottle wine, we only drank two bottles. The plant manager almost fainted.

21-Dec-14
Im pretty good at drinking beer.

21-Dec-14
At one time in my life I drank beer but didn't last long. Never developed a taste for any alcohol. I've bee too cheap to understand drinking alcohol. We never had it in my grand parents or parents home. Plus I have seen so many people lives ruined by getting DUIs. I had 17 year old brother killed by a drunk driver. Two of my wife's cousins kids killed by driving drunk. I decided when my kids were very young drinking was not a part of my heritage I wanted to pass on to them. I will have a beer now and then but that amounts to less than a six pack a year. What gets me is listening to guys complain they are financially hurting and buying beer or wine at the store. It's sad to me when someone that has kids has to cut back on providing things for them so they can have beer. I just happened to know of several like this. It isn't just booze though. One guy cries poor mouth but can drive his SUV three hours to go duck hunting twice a week and drink a six pack every night.

21-Dec-14
Wine was an invention of the French so that they wouldn't die of thirst because the water in Europe is pretty much undrinkable.

So....die of thirst or drink sour fermented grape juice....your choice.

Gimme a beer, or even better yet my homemade ice tea/lemonade mix!

I always get a chuckle when I hear someone say that wine enhances the taste of food. What are they eating, dog poop???

I've had expensive wine and I've had cheap wine. Some are worse than others but price isn't necessarily the indicator of that. It ALL tastes like grape jucie that's gone bad. The difference is that some of it has gone further "bad" than the others!

21-Dec-14
I like trying different tastes whether it be food or adult beverages.

No way my taste buds are good enough to compare and contrast the way some people do.

23-Dec-14
Give me the Mogan David concord grape and I'm happy as a clam! Serena runs a close second. LOL!

23-Dec-14
I don't know anything about wine. I go by what tastes good to me and I like sweet stuff. I like barefoot wine and at $6 a bottle I'm happy.

• Sitka Gear