18-Dec-14

70lbdraw's embedded Photo
70lbdraw's embedded Photo

18-Dec-14
:-)

18-Dec-14
Two thumbs up!!!!!

18-Dec-14
I've taken two out of the cold so far....

Fortunately, after roughly 48 hours they found their way back into the freezing cold.....

I'll warm them back up later in the year!!!!!

Just trying to do my part!

18-Dec-14
H 555...LMAO!!!!!!

18-Dec-14
Cold and windy here this morning. I have some deer warming in my crock pot. What's not to love.

18-Dec-14
We may take some deer out of the freezing cold this weekend along with some of their turkey friends and add some spice to their life.

Then we're gonna stuff them in a nice tube jacket to help them get warm. Couple, three hours in the oven should get them warmed up to the perfect toasty temp!!! Then a nice quick soak in some ice water. (I know, that usually causes "shrinkage". In this case it stops it, but I wouldn't suggest trying it personally!!!!)

I'll stop there, anything after that point would not be "HSUS" compliant!!!!

(You know, doing things with a knife that Freddy Kruger would be proud of!!)

18-Dec-14
I agree

but what is that cut? looks like band sawed rear ham? have never tried that

18-Dec-14
I think it's a bunch of horse hockey you puttin a pic like that up. And not invitin me!! HE HE HE

18-Dec-14
I'm offended that 70 didn't invite all of us to dinner. I say we ban him from the Bowsite..lol

18-Dec-14
Saw that on FB a few days ago. lol

Kathi I agree. How selfish of him. Where is the *POOF*

;o)

19-Dec-14
Last week I had some Canada goose bacon and I really like it. A friend gave it to me. He also gave me some deer sausage that he says is extra spicy. I haven't tried that yet.

19-Dec-14
Lol! You guys should feel sorry for me and invite Mr to YOUR houses for dinner! I didn't have a chance to get any tags for this season because of the timing of moving back to New Mexico. The only wild game I'm eating this year is the mice and pigeons I've taken with my pellet gun in the backyard. Lol!

19-Dec-14
Awful good looking mice and pigeons there pally.

19-Dec-14
Find where the Pigeons are roosting and steal the squabs. They are fantastic on the table. Most farmers would let you have all you want. A lot more meat than doves.

19-Dec-14
I tried to eat a pigeon once back in my college days. He had gotten into my basement apartment (which had an unfinished ceiling. I spent 30 minutes chasing him with an rubber blunted arrow. Didn't dare pull the bow back very far as I didn't want the arrow bouncing back and thumping me. Had to use a blunt because I didn't think the girls that lived in the house upstairs would appreciate an arrow through the floorboards.

Did finally kill the pigeon, but it was slightly...unsavory... even for a hungry college boy.

• Sitka Gear