Pat C. 20-Dec-14
Pat C. 20-Dec-14
Elkhuntr 21-Dec-14
Shuteye 21-Dec-14
Anony Mouse 21-Dec-14
DL 21-Dec-14
The Old Sarge 22-Dec-14
20-Dec-14
I need a new TV looking for something about 30 inches what is a good one?

20-Dec-14
Samsung

20-Dec-14
OC don't mess around go with a 60" your getting older and thoughs old westerns will be easier to enjoy!!

21-Dec-14
about 3 years ago we bought an 42" LG LCD TV. i remain very happy with the picture quality. TV size is like horse power, buy more then you think you'll need.

21-Dec-14
My wife and I don't always look at the same TV stations so we each have our own TV. We both have Sony 46" TVs and hooked up to HD Direct TV. We could't be happier.

21-Dec-14
To determine what size TV will best suit your needs, you must determine what your normal viewing distance will be:

Determining Your Viewing Distance

Viewing distance is simply the distance between your television and where you and your guests normally sit when watching television. Today's televisions offer much better picture quality than older models, which means you'll want to sit a little closer--but not so close that you start noticing pixels on the screen!

How to Get the Best Picture Quality

To get the best picture quality, you'll need to choose the right TV dimensions based on the viewing distance you just determined. It just takes a bit of simple math to find your ideal TV screen size:

Minimum TV dimensions = Viewing distance / 3

Maximum TV dimensions = Viewing distance / 1.5

For example, if you'll be sitting 10 feet away from your television, that's 120 inches. This gives you a minimum TV screen size of 40 inches and a maximum screen size of 80 inches.

When I purchased new TVs for the new house post fire, I loaded on a USB stick with a number of photos,short videos and some downloaded TV test patterns which I took with me when shopping. On the models that I was interested in, I was able to view these and see how the different TVs compared. Being able to look at the same things that I was familiar with on different TVs allowed better comparison.

Been a year since I dumped DISH and installed Roku streamers and OTA antenna. Paying less than $25 a month for Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon Instant video...a big savings from the satellite...and finding better viewing than ever. No pixillation or loss of signal when storms or cloud cover is heavy.

21-Dec-14
Samsung x2 LED, Though LED TVs have taken on a name of their own, they are not so different from LCD technology. When comparing LED vs. LCD TVs, the difference lies in how the screen is lit to produce a bright picture. Traditional LCDs are backlit with standard fluorescent lights, whereas LEDs are backlit using smaller and more energy-efficient LED lights.

If you've ever used an LED flashlight (or compared one to an ordinary flashlight), you can already make a good guess at the advantage of LED lighting: Your picture will be brighter and have better contrast. Additionally, LED TVs have deeper blacks than LCDs (important if you're a movie buff), and the screens themselves are thinner and consume less power. In the battle of LCD vs. LED technology, LED TVs definitely come out on top.

22-Dec-14
Vizio ... 42" minimum.

• Sitka Gear