Woods Walker 04-Jan-15
Owl 05-Jan-15
Owl 05-Jan-15
CTCrow 05-Jan-15
SteveCOontheroad 05-Jan-15
Woods Walker 05-Jan-15
21-Dec-14

Woods Walker's Link
NY has got a problem, a real BIG problem. And it didn't have to be this way.

21-Dec-14
'bout time.

21-Dec-14
I watched this last night. If the citizens are at greater risk now will the mayor be forced to resign?

21-Dec-14
Why not? He has turned his back on them for months!

21-Dec-14
There should be a sick-out. Any officer who is assigned to mayoral protection should call in sick. This should continue for as long as he is mayor.

22-Dec-14
The back-turn of shame is a good method to express their displeasure. More powerful than any words. And a quiet peaceful way to convey the message.

22-Dec-14
When the verdict came down from the Ferguson grand jury, Obama was on TV in fifteen minutes with a speech. Two cops get killed in New York and he is playing golf.

23-Dec-14
DeBlasio is using national progressive tactics on a municipal scale. Moron. DC can act aloof and estranged from East Podunk, USA and get by with it but a mayor cannot.

23-Dec-14
Sad this mayor is in bed with obama . i so need to leave ny

24-Dec-14
One has to admit when they were wrong, so here is my admission. Murders per year are down from about 3000 to around 300 in NY city. By any yard stick that is a huge improvement that has not been duplicated any where else.

The credit goes to the NYPD as well as the politicians who instituted the policies/procedures that the police enforced. Obviously the citizens also supported these changes and those people need to be heard from again.

Saving 2500 plus lives a year, even I will give the PD a lot of latitude. Garner's death is a tragedy but no doubt demanding100 percent compliance to an officer's instructions is a contributing factor to this huge improvement.

I live in KS, so what is needed and would be accepted here cannot be compared to the challenges of making a city safe for 8 million residents.

I am sure the police will continue to make improvements, but any changes that would increase the murder rate, IMO, should be challenged.

25-Dec-14

...Obama turns his back on America.

26-Dec-14
Habitat, that turnaround in NYC did not come from targeting major crimes, but from targeting the tolerance for petty crimes by Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. When they started arresting and prosecuting petty criminals they learned that most violent thugs were also petty criminals.

Leftists will try any explanation but the one that is true. Aggressively arresting criminals reduces crime.

27-Dec-14
Criminal justice 101 says...

More cops equals more crime found.

Reports are manipulated for political reasons.

Once the numbers look good we put them back on the street through parole and early release.

27-Dec-14
Short answer Spike? No. His ego won't allow it. Liberals ALWAYS know better than the rest of us what's best for us.

03-Jan-15
The money changers (friends and supporters of influence) are blowing off the high priest (Mayor "Caiaphas" De Blasio) to get the temple police in check because they are losing their revenues from the subjects who are unclean and dying over illegal cigarettes.

That is Liberal leadership and the unjust laws that follow it. It is sad that many will suffer from their violation of the public trust but in the end would it really be so bad to see liberal Rome burn...

03-Jan-15
Actually things are working out pretty well. The slowdown is a really intellegent strategy. Proving to the public that the NYPD isn't all that necessary....

04-Jan-15
Misspelling intelligent priceless...;^)

04-Jan-15
I believe Seattle has discontinued 'Broken windows' policing. Some believe that this policy did reduce crime but question whether or not it has contributed to a decay in relationships between police and citizens and that may now lead to higher crime rates.

04-Jan-15
In a lot of places the relationship between police and citizens has improved. Anyone paying attention can see what Al Sharpton and Obama are up to and don't like it.

04-Jan-15
"Anyone paying attention can see what Al Sharpton and Obama are up to and don't like it."

04-Jan-15
I said way back in 2008 that Obama's presidency would set race relations in this country back 50 years.

Sorry to say I was right.

04-Jan-15
You mean he LIED??? Obama? NO WAY!!!

05-Jan-15
"snarling sense of victimhood"

Really? So according to the Times, taking umbrage with dying execution style while in the good faith performance of one's duty imbues one with a 'snarling sense of victimhood?'

I have no doubt were the mayor still Giuliani(R), the cops would be heroes to the Times. Of course, Giuliani would not be in DeBlasio's shoes and he would not have given cause to turn their backs.

Bottom line is City Hall is aghast and petulant they can't sully the NYPD and get away with it.

05-Jan-15
Good catch, trublu. Should be edited, now.

05-Jan-15
He did it first.

05-Jan-15
I agree they have the right to turn their backs, and should express that right. Maybe not at the funerals though since this should have been for the victims' families.

05-Jan-15
"Would you advocate the military turn their back on the President? If you would, you have no business calling yourself an American. Its not what Americans do. We have a chain of command and it must be followed or else there is a breakdown of civilized society, democracy and governmental procedure. I don't see a difference with the NYPD."

Of course if this is true I'm sure you'll agree that DeBlasio should have told the protesters the truth. He should have told them that his mixed race son is in considerably greater danger from attack by another civilian of his own race than he was from the NYPD. Unwarranted attacks by NYPD against black citizens are nearly a non issue. Unprovoked attacks by black citizens against other black citizens are a daily occurrence.

05-Jan-15
"Would you advocate the military turn their back on the President?"

If he's a traitorous bastard who let Americans die at the hands of our enemies to cover his own sorry ass and then feed them and us some bullsh*t story about bad movies then I say they should do a hell of a lot more than turn their backs!!!!

And YES I'm talking about Obama, and YES he's lying, traitorous bastard, and he's not fit to wipe the A** of those SEALS and the others who died at Benghazi!!

And the slimey, lying, POS will get away with it...in this life...because of people like YOU Brad.

But I do believe with all my heart that there's a special place in Hell waiting for Barack Obama. Not just for Benghazi, but for being the ONLY member of the Illinois Democrap delegation to vote FOR a bill that would have made it legal to CONTINUE TO KILL AN INFANT THAT SURVIVED A LATE TERM ABORTION ATTEMPT!

THAT is pure evil. He may as well be with ISIS.

• Sitka Gear