Elkhuntr 23-Dec-14
Hunting5555 23-Dec-14
Hunting5555 23-Dec-14
South Farm 23-Dec-14
70lbdraw 24-Dec-14
Narlyhorn 24-Dec-14
22-Dec-14

70lbdraw's Link
Headline reads: North Korea exeriencing massive internet outages, U.S. officials decline to comment."

Co-wink-a-dink ya think?!? LOL!

22-Dec-14
Well what did they expect?.....Our computer people will mop the floor with them....lol

I don"t appreciate how Fox News is blowing this way out of proportion.....Tommorrow they will be calling to invade north korea.

The news is nothing more then fear, war propaganda, fear propaganda, fear fear fear.....It makes me sick.

23-Dec-14
"One computer expert said the country's online access was "totally down.""

I figured this was just the norm. I picture a Radio Shack TRS-80 with an Intel 8080 processor upgrade and dial-up modem.

23-Dec-14
You forgot the 1,000 Korean dudes out side pedaling stationary bicycles turning the generator to power it!!

23-Dec-14
What's really funny......

There are guys on here reading Elkhuntr's post going....

What the heck is a TRS-80???? An 8080 precessor?????? Hey, I did see a dial-up modem in a textbook one time!!!

Crap, I'm getting old!!!!!!

23-Dec-14
I kind of miss that sound the old dial-up made while it was loading so I know what you're talking about.

24-Dec-14
Pat,

You are the expert in the industry, and I agee a cyber war would be disastrous for all; however, I do think the U.S. was involved. Here's my logic...

Obama said there would be a reaction, part would be visible and part not. They have been coy about answering whether it was us or not. The timing is just too coincidental, and too immediate.

It may have been China doing this, but not on their own. If China did it to NK, it was probably because they got a look at what we could do. If we did it, China was aware of what we could do if things escalated and they were told to take care of it.

I think we are much better prepared for this than the public realizes. We don't announce what we have just like all of the smart technology released after 9-11. Just look at the new weapons coming on line with the navy.

My main reason that we could retaliate though is China's economy is slowing down which is adding to the social unrest. I think things there are much worse than we realize. A cyber war would most likely create much more pressure on them than us. My bet is that we hated to have to do this as it helps China know what we are capable of.

Sony releasing the movie also says they are not fearful of what might be released next. Hopefully this would put a lot more pressure on NK.

24-Dec-14
Who's to say NK didn't do it to themselves in an effort to justify future retaliation against the U.S.?

It might be the reason that White House officials have "no comment" ...yet.

24-Dec-14
There is little doubt we are on the precipice of new kinds of wars. Cyberspace, outerspace and robotics. That is a bit spooky considering all of modern civilization will be effected.

24-Dec-14

I would agree but now that Sony has just released the movie on line I think says they were given assurances. We couldn't do that without knowing something.

• Sitka Gear