HA/KS 02-Feb-15
ar troy 02-Feb-15
HA/KS 02-Feb-15
ar troy 02-Feb-15
HA/KS 03-Feb-15
ar troy 03-Feb-15
19-Jan-15

HA/KS's Link
From the link: Speaking directly to viewers who may feel like giving up on politics, Huelskamp worries, “If we do nothing, I guarantee, we could lose it all. As Ronald Reagan said, if America falls, where will people escape to?”

Did calls and emails about the Speaker vote make any difference? Huelskamp says, “Absolutely, without a doubt!” Citizen engagement and contact “scares the heck out of [elected members in Congress]!”

20-Jan-15
From today's e-mail:

Martin Luther King, Jr. is in a special class of people in history. Inspired by his faith in Christ, King stood up against evil and fought for a truly righteous cause. His actions, his oratory, his faith forced a nation to confront the evil of racism. More important, his leadership challenged many Americans and others around the world to search their own hearts and recognize the dignity of every human.

Additionally, I have also had the honor of working closely with the niece of King, Dr. Alveda King. Together we have worked to defend the unborn, protect traditional marriage, and encourage stronger families. If we are to have the greatest impact on our country, we must have the strength of conviction in the rightness of our cause that Martin Luther King, Jr. displayed.

20-Jan-15
"If you hear about 'free' college tonight, know that you'll be paying for it."

20-Jan-15
He wants to tax the rich so the poor little kiddies can go to college. He also doesn't want farmers to be able to leave the farm to the children without paying a huge tax bill. No way could the kids keep the farm.

20-Jan-15
Not my Rep, Shuteye!

20-Jan-15
Sounds a little disingenuous to me. Despite what was reportedly incredibly heavy and overwhelmingly unanimous input from constituents across the country, a whole 25 of those terrified legislators saw fit to vote against Boehner for speaker.

I like what I know about Huelskamp, but after the speaker vote, this sounds patronizing and smacks of lip service.

20-Jan-15
What are you talking about troy?

20-Jan-15
I'm talking about him claiming citizen involvement making such a big difference, yet the reality is that 25 republicans actually listened to their constituents. How many republicans heard from a tremendous number of citizens and voted for Boehner anyway? Looks to me like the overwhelming majority were more fearful of reprisals from the party, or actually support the Boehner/Obama agenda.

21-Jan-15
So, go start your revolution.

21-Jan-15
Aren't we shrill this morning. I apologize for actually thinking about what a politician says, and applying it to what I know. From now on, I'll just take what every politician says at face value, ok?

I'll go start the revolution now.

21-Jan-15
Henry...many of us were given no choice to vote for "a rep like this".

In spite of primaries and given the choice between voting for a Dem who openly supports everything Obama and a brand new shiny declared conservative R, the choice ends up with the shiny declared conservative voting for Boehner inspite of overwhelming calls/emails/social posting on his sites to NOT support Boehner.

The shiny declared conservative has demonstrated himself to be NDCP/eGOP.

Why bother voting for the lesser of two weasels when one can loose just as easily voting for a 3rd party conservative and get the same results. At least one would not have the bad taste of false hope and disappointment in the mouth.

21-Jan-15
"Our "revolution" is thus far bloodless. "

"The revolution started years ago"

And has accomplished ....?

21-Jan-15
"Henry...many of us were given no choice to vote for "a rep like this"." Not even close to true. Put yourself on the ballot. Get some friends together and put a conservative on the ballot. Don't give me the "we didn't have the chance" excuse. you sound like some leftist complaining that the deck is stacked for the rich against the poor so they might as well stay at home and draw welfare instead of getting an education and a job.

You have the chance to vote for a true conservative. I realize that many house districts are so overwhelmingly D that getting a conservative elected is possibly out of the question.

30-Jan-15
Hackbow, I help send conservative republicans to washington. I am tired of all the whining about the republicans from people who are so politically impotent that they cannot even elect conservatives at the local level.

That was the point of my post. If people sent conservatives to Washington, they wouldn't have this problem. Stop blaming me for supporting good people just because they are republicans.

30-Jan-15
Having an R after your name doesn't make you good people, or good candidates. It doesn't even necessarily make you better than a democrat. I believe there have been some recent southern democrats that were more conservative than northeast republicans.

I guess this is where you say you don't have to be conservative to be republican, to which I say read your platform, liberal republican, tell me where big government, socialized medicine, gun control, and limiting free speech through campaign finance reform comes in. Liberal republicans surrender on these and a hundred other principles that makes them too much like democrats for me to support.

30-Jan-15
troy, YOU are the one complaining that you elected somebody who didn't do what you wanted them to do. Lay off me. I send conservatives to D.C.

30-Jan-15
We elected REPUBLICANS. Republicans who SAID they were conservatives. Republicans who LIED to our faces. Don't you get it? You come on here and tell us we must vote republican because the alternative is so bad, we vote republican, the republican wins, and we get the alternative anyway!

It has happened nationally, and in Arkansas, just since November. It has been happening for decades. Accident? I think not.

30-Jan-15
troy, that is the difference between you and me. I elected people who were conservative. you only elected ones who said that they were. Don't blame me for your ineptitude.

30-Jan-15
I never have. My only problem with you is your insistence that voting for liars and people without principle is the solution to our problem, just because they say they are republicans.

30-Jan-15
sorry, troy, you are the one who was complaining that the people you voted for disappointed you. The ones I voted for have been doing what they promised in the campaign. Don't blame me. I cannot vote in AR. You have to take care of your own.

30-Jan-15
You'll have to show me where I blamed you for anything. I blame the establishment republicans, the republican party, and the politicians themselves. Between not being strong principled people, and the party pressuring them to play ball if they want to move up or get named to an influential committee, you get what we have seen both nationally, and here in Arkansas.

31-Jan-15
Spike, there is not a single progressive in Washington that I voted for or gave any campaign funds to. No, you cannot blame me.

31-Jan-15
Spike, I never stated that they always vote the way I want them to.

31-Jan-15
Trey Gowdy in KS with Tim today.

31-Jan-15

HA/KS's Link
Pick and choose Hackbow.

American Conservative Union: Moran 100% Roberts 96%

Liberty Guard: Moran 75% Roberts 100%

Freedomworks: Huelskamp 95% Moran 67% Roberts 91%

National Right to Life all three 100%

02-Feb-15
Same question: Show me examples of where the suck for Luck strategy has worked in politics. I have yet to be given even one.

02-Feb-15
"49% on CR which puts him in the top half of REPUG reps for PA "

Hackbow, you hit on the real problem (Be sure to completely and carefully read the original link in the Blue State Republicans thread). Republicans absolutely cannot win the presidency without carrying some blue states, but blue state republicans (elected and voters) are not as conservative as we would like.

The republican party (or any other) cannot win by ignoring the blue state voters. As much as we would like to dictate a conservative agenda to blue state people, they are Americans with the right to vote however they wish. They wish to vote for representatives who are like them.

We can think they are too liberal, but they think they are center-American and see us as too conservative for their tastes.

02-Feb-15
"a legit third party" legit and totally impotent!

I don't see any way that you could read into that article that a third party has any chance at all unless you can somehow carve a party out in the middle that will pull people who think they are "moderate" from both the left and right.

02-Feb-15
That is because you have been conditioned to believe that the only available votes are those in the squishy middle. There could be 50 million votes to the right of the GOP in people who are disgusted with the political process altogether, people disgusted with the direction of the republican party, people who believe that the government exists to take their money and spend it on agendas they do not support, and people who believe that the Constitution and Bill of Rights has been abandoned by the government, which is steadily separating the citizens from the rights and freedoms given to us by God.

02-Feb-15
"There could be 50 million votes to the right of the GOP " And not one additional electoral vote among them!

02-Feb-15
So let's advocate and support failed policies, philosophies, and politicians, because conservative principles of smaller government, more freedom, upholding the Constitution, and that you know how to spend your money better than the government cannot compete in those areas. The people in blue states only believe in prosperity through the government, that the amount of money you earn should be determined by how much the government decides not to spend, that the rule of law only really applies to those who have little political power or clout, that you really have no inalienable rights bestowed by God and enumerated by the Constitution, that defending your loved ones and even your country should only be done upon concensus of the rest of the world or by the police when they show up, things like that, right?

Blue state people will never buy in to lower taxes, less waste, balanced budgets, and not paying for the healthcare of people who refuse to be productive members of society. They reject protecting the American way of life. They can't be sold any of these things by a passionate politician who actually believes these things, and is willing to do what is necessary to achieve them so our kids can have a future.

03-Feb-15
troy, look at how they vote. Read the polls.

I have never lived in a blue state.

It is hard enough to get conservatives elected in a supposedly very red state. When they do get elected and do what they promised, they have trouble getting re-elected.

That is in a VERY RED state. Your vast right wing majority may be a myth. I hope not, but I cannot find them.

03-Feb-15
Well, exactly how do you explain Scott Walker in Wisconsin then? It's not as if he is some suave, charismatic figure. Wisconsin is a purple state, ran by unions for generations. He didn't ship voters in from Texas.

• Sitka Gear