HA/KS 22-Feb-15
mn_archer 22-Feb-15
Shuteye 23-Feb-15
Pat C. 23-Feb-15
Shuteye 24-Feb-15
26-Jan-15

Bluetick's embedded Photo
Bluetick's embedded Photo
That's what was what you called snowfall or 'it's snowing' before everyone on TV wanted to sound vaguely military.

Anyhoo, they inform us we're getting some snow in NH. Who knew?

26-Jan-15
Bluetick,

Agree with your pictorial, except the light and moderate events have to include T.P. as well.

Our "snow event" here in D.C. has morphed into a rain event.

26-Jan-15
Here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland it started snowing at 07:00 and the ground was covered by 07:30. It is really coming down.

26-Jan-15
Damn global warming [Ha!]

26-Jan-15
We're now looking at somewhere between 18-36" depending on which part of CT you live in. Lots of firewood in the house and breaking out all the cast iron cookware!

(Corona's safely hidden in Dad's fridge.......)

26-Jan-15
Hmmm... my forecast calls for 44 degrees and sunny.. good luck with your "event" fellas. Stay safe and warm.

26-Jan-15

Jim in Ohio's embedded Photo
Don't know if we should go to the beach, or play golf today. Jim from Ohio near South Padre Island, Texas.

26-Jan-15
Glad to see the weather turned for you Jim... gonna be hard to unsee that pic tho'. ;-/

26-Jan-15
Dang Jim, you picked the better week of travel between us! I just got back from a week in Cancun!

26-Jan-15
Watching the Weather Channel, one would think there is no weather anywhere else in the world except "the northeast corridor".

Love the Weather Channel's "corridors", which used to be just interstate highways but now apparently can be an entire region of the country.

Oh yeah, now they have weather "models" too. And Jim Cantore hanging on to a stop sign in Key West hurricane winds.

26-Jan-15

26-Jan-15

26-Jan-15
Watching the Weather Channel, one would think there is no weather anywhere else in the world except "the northeast corridor".

Love the Weather Channel's "corridors", which used to be just interstate highways but now apparently can be an entire region of the country.

Oh yeah, now they have weather "models" too. And Jim Cantore hanging on to a stop sign in Key West hurricane winds.

26-Jan-15
Bluetick, Your OP reminds me of a time we had a hurricane warning my freshman year of college. Half the campus bugged out, the other half hunkered down with beer and tequila. It was a very strange dynamic.

26-Jan-15
Jim,

No offense, but your photo reminds me a lot of "A weekend at Bernies". :^)

Glad you're finally able to enjoy some warm weather.

26-Jan-15
WOW, We are having a weather event also :-). Forecast for Cody, WY today severe clear and 61. In the upper 40 to low 50's all week.

Really cool snowmobiling when it is 45 degrees-shorts and flip flops Hahaha.

Have fun out east!

Tim

26-Jan-15
Going to get 30 inches on Long Island. Forget about getting into Manhattan for at least tomorrow on the LIRR. Looks like I'll be doing a little work from home and then cooking up some wild hog shoulders on my Kamado Joe.

26-Jan-15
"severe clear"

I have found that most people who use that term have spent some time flying....

26-Jan-15
CAVU

26-Jan-15

Bluetick's Link
But the New York Times, managed and written by people who are much more sophisticated and intelligent than we rubes, had this to say about snow: We won't be getting much more of it. Global warming, ya know.

26-Jan-15
57 Deg. here in NE Nevada. going to be in the high 40's to low 50's the rest of the week. Been riding the Harley from time to time.

Man, we could use some snow. Well went dry last year and had to go another 100+ feet. Been about a 5 year drought for us.

26-Jan-15
Keep posting the blizzard reports spike. the rest of us in the global warming are living vicariously through you.

I have not even had my snowplow out yet this year and that is very unusual.

26-Jan-15
It's 73 here in the Denver area. Had to wear t-shirt and shorts on a walk. Got back and ate ice cream with blueberries. Hope that I didn't get a sunburn.

26-Jan-15
45 Here in Iowa today almost all our snow is gone. And could be the last weekend for Ice fishing. till it gets cold again.

26-Jan-15
"severe clear" I have found that most people who use that term have spent some time flying...."

Yup. USAF in my case

26-Jan-15
spike you got snow already down there? It's 1945 and still not a flake up here in Bow. I ran up the generator and put the snow blower in the garage because when I changed the oil last spring I put straight 30 weight in it for storage and forgot to change it back to winter weight this fall. Has to be around 40 degrees to get it started, which is what it is in our garage.

PS: There was an Irving station down in Hookset that ran out of gas. The media has people in a panic.

26-Jan-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
It snowed here early this morning. Then it warmed up and melted some of the snow. Then freezing rain and it is back snowing again. I have a crock pot full of deer stew. Someone on Steve Pray's Facebook page mentioned corn bread so I went to the store and got two bags of yellow corn meal and my wifey made corn meal muffins. I have my generator full of gas and it will start easily. Have my front end loader full of diesel fuel and it is ready. Probably won't get a lot but I'm ready. Planning on going deer hunting in the morning. This is what I got last Wednesday when it snowed.

BTW, I killed four deer with one shot. The doe has three fetus inside her.

26-Jan-15
Gettin buried here in ct! Last time we got 20 plus inches they didn't plow any side roads for 3 days. Good thing I got plenty of beer!

26-Jan-15
All you guys in the storm area who are stocked up, loaded up and ready to ride it out, how'd you possibly manage to do that on your own?

Surely FEMA or some other bureaucratic agency must have given you all your supplies, wood, gas, generators, lanterns, a survival guide, etc. Right?

26-Jan-15
Kyle, no way would they supply wood or gas... Global warming is the greatest threat to our survival... Right?

26-Jan-15
I paid for all my gear and get taxed more then most!

27-Jan-15
Spike,

I was wondering how you as well as Mike in CT, and Mint on LI were faring up there. Radar indicates that the heaviest bands have past, but like you said, it looks like you still have another day's worth yet to come.

Hope the winds don't get too bad, and that your power stays on.

Stay safe and watch out for the crazies on the roads if you do venture out.

27-Jan-15
Been snowing since 7:30 up here on the NH -Can border. We need it. The crust is brutal on my beagles feet. We are only expecting 12-18 inches. It is 8 degrees so I doubt it. We were really hoping for a real blizzard to soften up skidder trails in the woods and build up the snowmachine trails. Watch us get one when I start coaching again in late March.

27-Jan-15
gonna be another storm next week for the NE....sometimes it gets old when you get a lot of them in a row like happens sometimes.

27-Jan-15
I have a Chevy Silverado Diesel 4X4. I always stick the windshield wipers up in the air when it is going to snow. Makes it easier to clean the windshield off and the blades don't get frozen down. Of course I could start it and run the defroster for twenty minutes. It really goes through snow well. I prefer roads with snow on them to plowed icy roads. When it gets cold enough salt doesn't work.

27-Jan-15

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
I guess it's gonna be a lot of snow for you folks..... a friend sent me a pic of it this morning....

My heart goes out to those in the too cold. Coach always talks about how pretty snow is, how she misses it. Then she goes someplace that actually has some and has to deal with it.... I guess what happened when you were a kid can get pretty romanticized over the years...

Kinda cold here too today too..... but I guess everything is relative....

27-Jan-15

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Here's what two feet of snow looks like, Spike.

:-)

28-Jan-15
Cripes, 30"!!!

I'd have to shovel the backyard just so Sophie could squat. She refuses to pee if her tushie's touching the snow.

Takes after the other gal in the house. :^)

28-Jan-15
Finished plowing out drive at 6:45 this morning. Only got about a foot. Really not that much in this part of the state.

28-Jan-15
We had about two inches, it got warm and melted. Then we had an inch. It is now 21 degrees and the wind is howling. No more snow so I guess I'll take the wife shopping. I was going deer hunting but no snow and wind howling, shopping is almost acceptable.

28-Jan-15
I only got 18 inches and my street got plowed at 6:00 last night. The LIRR was running today and they city only got 6 inches and most of the snow is gone here in manhattan.

02-Feb-15
I must be getting old we used to just call it WINTER it gets cold followed by ice and snow 20" so far in Obama land.

02-Feb-15
We got about a foot sat. night and sunday we had the 40 mhr winds and you didn't hear about severe it was here. Well at least no one was screaming snowmageddon this time.

02-Feb-15

sleepyhunter's Link
Saw this in the news.

03-Feb-15
I guess he just wanted to hang ten.....or what ever.

Last Sunday it was cold but supposed to get warmer so a friend and I went ice fishing on a small pond. We caught over a dozen large mouth bass and one crappie. Last year we caught over 15 that were between 3-6 pounds but Sunday we didn't catch any big ones. Then it started raining and the ice won't be safe until we get some more cold weather. The ice we were fishing on was only 2 1/2" but the pond is not real deep and we had a rope if necessary.

03-Feb-15

03-Feb-15
Mouse, that tractor and trailer driver must have been from Miami. My son in law has been a driver since he was young and he carries chains for his truck. I can't imagine being on the road up there without chains.

03-Feb-15
My cousin was in Tenn. when they had a big snow. they were stuck in a truck stop for two days. The Iowa boys chained up and took off , A state trooper had the road closed and asked them where are you going, They smiled said home and left.

06-Feb-15

Guess we will play another 18 holes of golf today. Don't think we will need our jackets this time. Jim in South Padre, Texas. :)

06-Feb-15
Been a mild winter so far here in this part of W. Co. Only light snow toward end of last year and just some rain as of late.

I noticed this morning my fruit trees are getting ready to bud. Not good for this time of year. I hope they don't get too happy too soon.

Blows because we got freeze damage and zero yield last year too. No one seems to be complaining about the 60 temps except the fruit growers. Hoping the Palisade growers fair better than it looks like I will. I really need to look into replacing some trees with later blooming varieties.

We've heated exclusively w/ wood this season and only burned through 2 cords so far.

06-Feb-15
It was 12 degrees here this morning and I went ice fishing. Didn't catch a thing in the same pond we caught a dozen bass in a few days ago. Am going to try again just before dark. The fish can be funny when they bite, sometimes early and sometimes late. Right now it is 40 degrees but the ice will be okay for another day or so and then the temp will go into the 50's and end the ice fishing.

07-Feb-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
It as 24 degrees and no wind this morning. I only caught one bass but it was a beautiful morning. It is supposed to warm up some and that may end my ice fishing.

07-Feb-15
73 degrees here today. Lots of people in shorts and t-shirts.

10-Feb-15
All kidding aside, we need snow real bad here in CO!

10-Feb-15
And in KS! Though we would settle for rain!

10-Feb-15
It was forty five degrees today but supposed to drop to six degrees in two days. Hey, more ice fishing. I think I will go squirrel hunting in the morning and wait for the ice to firm up again. Fish, Hunt, there is always something to do.

11-Feb-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Well it was 29 degrees this morning and I got me a couple of squirrels. 22 long rifle hollow points and head shots make for some great eating. Big ol's squirrels will be so tender they fall off the bone when you cook them in a crock pot.

That little piece of tape near the bottom of the stock tells me how many clicks to move the scope for various ammo. However, I stick with one type mostly. Remington and Winchester high velocity hollow points shoot exactly the same.

11-Feb-15
You guys have certainly had the snow this year. A gal was in Logan Airport a couple days ago trying to get a flight to Nashville to work on a recording with my son. She finally made it there late yesterday. There certainly has been a bunch of flights cancelled or delayed recently.

12-Feb-15
Yeah that Global Warming is sure messing up you guys with all the snow and a bunch more one the way. It's because the ocean is so warm according the democrats.

13-Feb-15
Here in the Northwest it has been about 15 degrees above normal. Our snow pack is 25% of normal. Tulips, daffodils etc are already popping up. The frogs are out about 2 months early. Many ski areas are suffering badly. Alaska and the Yukon have been about 20 degrees above normal, with the Iditarod in serious trouble.

13-Feb-15
My daffodils pop up every year in February and they don't give a damn what the temperature is. It is the hours of daylight that make that happen.

14-Feb-15

Little too warm for a full round of golf so we just hit a few practice balls.6

14-Feb-15
It got down to 15 degrees last night and stayed below freezing all day. When it got dark it was starting to get windy. I just remembered I forgot to get the mail so I strapped on my Nano and headed out the door. I turned around and came right back. The wind must be forty miles an hour and snow has banked up around my back door. I didn't even know it was supposed to snow. They said snow showers today and we had a flurry or two. The wind is blowing so hard I couldn't see ten feet for the blowing snow. Oh well.

15-Feb-15
It was 8 degrees here this morning with 40 MPH wind. We didn't have a lot of snow but it is banked up around my house and across my drive way. I'll go ice fishing when the wind dies down but that won't be today.

15-Feb-15
Was -27F wind chill this morning. Warmed up to -12F.

Yesterday, we had wind gusts over 30mph and blowing snow. Was some of the strangest whiteouts I had ever seen...could not see the barn from my office window and the snow was glowing so bright that I almost needed sun glasses to look out to see the white.

16-Feb-15
We're gonna be 0 tonight with a 15 mph S wind.

16-Feb-15
It's cold here in Ky. very cold and it's snowing..omg..stop the presses. The powers that be cancelled all the schools in this region, Ky. and In. Fortunately it seems the heaviest snowfall will be to the south of me. That will be 12 to 15 in. We're only supposed to get 6 to 10, yay. But really, do the snow plows have to go up and down the road every 15 minutes?

I'm not a math genius but if it snows 1 to 2 inches per hr. does a snow plow have to go up and down the road every 15 minutes?

16-Feb-15
Spike, do the news media talk about the snow 24-7? Sad that your wife was at , the beach? What is she doing in those temps???

16-Feb-15
Kathi, you are lucky. Where I live and it snows, the snow plow goes by every 15 days. And the first time isn't until the have plowed 301 fifty times.

Also they have a game they play with the snow plows. It's called, "Lets see how many mail boxes we can knock down." I really take some fun out of it for them because I take my front end loader and clean the snow back about 50 yards before they get to my mail box.

16-Feb-15
A few years ago we had a major snow storm and I have a friend that lives off major highway on a back road. He was working on clearing his drive way when he saw a state truck coming. They stopped and talked to him. He asked them why they didn't have their blade down? They said they were on the way to RT 13 and weren't allowed to plow until they got there. He was a long time getting out.

16-Feb-15
My son in law has been a tractor trailer driver all his adult life. He got tired of being on the road all the time and away from home for days at a time. He recently got a job with the state of Delaware. He had all kinds of tests to pass which he did with ease. He had driven every kind of farm equipment and trucks. Last week was his last test, he had to back up a big truck to a mark. The guy that was testing him told him he could get out of the truck to see how close he was. My son in law said he knew how to back up and didn't need to get out. When he stopped he was within 1 7/8" of the mark. The instructor asked him how in the world he did it and my son in law told him he had been driving forever and certainly knew how to back up. He passed all the tests with flying colors. Now instead of being on the road all over the USA he will be on the road all night tonight and all day tomorrow plowing snow. For those of you that know my daughter, Joyce, that is her husband, George. Great guy and one hell of a driver.

16-Feb-15
Okay, we are supposed to get a foot or so of snow tonight so I have my diesel front end loader full of fuel and ready to go. Got my diesel truck pointed out of the driveway and have the wiper blades up. Let er' snow. I have a field across the road from my house that is a half mile across. The wind comes right across that field and with just a little snow it will bank right in my driveway, several feet deep. All around my house and garden are woods.

16-Feb-15
Lex, you are speaking of the 2009 storm. i was visiting family. The Fri. it started my friend and I went to see Len at Macrotech..He said it was going to snow..I said NAH, he called me the next day..Assho+e

16-Feb-15
Kathi, that is the day my dad died. People couldn't even get to the grave yard to see the burial so we had all the services in the funeral home.

18-Feb-15
Looks like you're all set for snow coffee. Now you gotta find some birds ;o)

18-Feb-15
We got almost 8" over the last couple days.....;^)

18-Feb-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

18-Feb-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Mouse, I found some birds. They were raiding my feed for the cute little birds. Now I guess it is time for black bird pie.

18-Feb-15
pm, shuteye

22-Feb-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

22-Feb-15
Hey Jim in OH. You ever run into a couple from Wisconsin there Charlie and Jean Iverson?

michael

23-Feb-15
We had about 5 inches of snow Saturday and then it turned to rain and ice, Talk about a mess. I was going ice fishing this morning but the temp hit the upper 40's yesterday. I think I will wait until Wednesday since it is supposed to get real cold tonight. The water is too cold for a swim and I don't trust the ice today.

23-Feb-15
My God it will be 35 here tomorrow. Thank you thank you thank you!!

24-Feb-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear