Bluetick 29-Jan-15
BowSniper 29-Jan-15
gflight 29-Jan-15
Anony Mouse 29-Jan-15
BowSniper 30-Jan-15
Anony Mouse 30-Jan-15
Anony Mouse 30-Jan-15
27-Jan-15
In news that has been far too long in the making, the United States Army has decided to move forward with charges of desertion against Bowe Bergdahl.

During Monday’s broadcast of “The O’Reilly Factor”, retired Lt. Colonel Tony Schaffer of the London Center for Policy Research told host Bill O’Reilly:

“Bill, the Army has come to its conclusion and Bowe Bergdahl will be charged with desertion. I have been told and confirmed by two other sources that his attorney was given what we call a charge sheet. A charge sheet is results of the investigation listing out the articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that have been violated. The key violation is desertion. And this is has been done. The decision has been made. Let me be very clear. As a corporate entity, the Army has decided that they want to pursue Bergdahl for this violation.”

27-Jan-15
I'm sure that the commander in chief will have something to say about this and you will never see it happen.

God bless, Steve

27-Jan-15
5 high ranking Taliban for an alleged deserter and Islamic sympathizer. If the report is true, I don't see how Obama can recall that bullet. An unreported cover-up is Obama's best outcome. A reasonable expectation for the man at this point.

Further, I saw on the news another Gitmo terrorist was released for "serving his time." Completely inexcusable.

27-Jan-15

27-Jan-15
FINALLY some action on the Bergdahl case. Lets hope it holds true when report is officially released.

Obama will probably invoke a presidential pardon or something, and declare time-served. But it keeps Bergdahl from being any kind of hero, and can prevent him from getting a big payday.

27-Jan-15
the guy and his whole family are obvious whack jobs...

27-Jan-15
Anybody remember Lt. William Calley? Different charges and way more things involved, but I predict the same for Bergdahl ... if it goes that far.

27-Jan-15
As someone that personally knows Bowe I have a feeling he wasn't really thinking things through that day,in fact I wouldn't doubt that he has some mental issues? Bowe had said the group he was with did horrific things to innocent women and children and he had enough,he was leaving,I doubt he had the mental capacity to realize the shit storm this was going to create and the lives it would cost some poor soldiers. Bob,Bowes dad was coached by the government to present himself to the public in a certain way to help the chances of getting his son back and we all knew in our small town when his dad started growing his beard out why he was doing it,Wouldn't any father grow a beard,learn another religion and 'play the part" if it meant getting their son back?

Why in the world Bowe signed up for the military in the first place is still a mystery as the peace corps is where he should have gone,he actually thought our government was over there to rebuild and help people.

27-Jan-15
There was a retired military man on Fox News today that said there are different kinds of desertion. If you desert and don't plan on coming back the death penalty can be given. However, if the deserter planned on coming back desertion is a lesser charge. He said some are saying the soldier tried to get away from his captors so Obama's people will say he was planning on coming back. Stay tuned.

27-Jan-15
Another thing that I ponder, is that the soldiers in his unit have stated that soldiers died on patrol looking for him, and that stated patrols primary purpose was to find him.

So I think he should be charged with 1rst Degree Murder, as any trained soldier should know that if you come up missing in a combat zone, your buddies are gonna come looking for you.

27-Jan-15
I wonder who the Obama Media will spin this? If they even mention it....

27-Jan-15
"he was planning on coming back"

yeah...that's it. yeah....he was simply spying on them the whole time. He is a patriot.

27-Jan-15

tonyo6302's Link
The Army is denying a decision has been made to prosecute Bergdhahl.

However, Bergdahls Attourney says he was given a Charge Sheet.

Someone is lying.

See the link.

27-Jan-15
The release/denial of release of the charges against Bergdahl may be due to White House involvement. Any charges made will be an embarrassment to Obama since he traded Bergdahl for 5 terrorist commanders. And we all have seen how thin skinned and vindictive the skinny little piss-ant can be when put in a negative light.

Beware of the famous Friday Night Document Dump.

Obama WH Hiding Bowe Bergdahl Charges — Treason Too?

,b>Transparency: The administration is said to be hiding for reasons of damage control a report on the soldier we traded five Taliban leaders for. Bowe Bergdahl's lawyers have already been given a charge sheet for desertion.

Both Fox News and now NBC News have reported that Sgt. Bergdahl will be charged with desertion. "I have been told and confirmed by two other sources that his attorney has been given what we call a charge sheet," retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer, a respected military analyst, told Fox's Bill O'Reilly on Monday. NBC's Jim Miklaszewski quoted senior defense officials on Tuesday as saying charges could be referred within a week.

"A charge sheet is the results of investigation listing out the articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that have been violated," Shaffer explained. "The key violation is desertion."

According to Shaffer, an analyst with the London Center for Policy Research, White House Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes, who played a key role in the cover-up of administration malfeasance in the Benghazi terrorist attack that killed four Americans, has been laboring to keep this information under wraps as long as possible, perhaps to be included later in one of those Friday data dumps the administration is famous for.

We'd be stunned if any other decision were reached, for the uncontestable fact is that Bergdahl walked away from his combat post in 2009 in a time of war, leaving behind his weapon, his gear and his fellow soldiers. At least six soldiers were reported to have been killed in operations looking for him. He was not out for a walk to relieve stress or clear his head.

Bergdahl was believed to have been held by the Haqqani terror network in the tribal area of Pakistan's northwest frontier on the Afghan border. He was picked up in eastern Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border, by a Navy SEAL team as part of a trade involving the return of five top Taliban commanders who'd been held at Guantanamo Bay.

After the trade, the Taliban released a statement attributed to their leader, Mullah Omar, declaring the release of the commanders from Gitmo a "great victory."

It was this trade that told the world that America was now ready to deal with terrorists, putting a price on all our heads. President Obama not only broke America's pledge that we will never negotiate with terrorists. He also broke a law that requires congressional notification of such a trade. Not coincidentally, ransom is now a prime source of income for the Islamic State.

There's another law the president himself may have broken — that of giving material aid and comfort to a terrorist enemy. As pointed out by Allen West, former congressman and Iraq War veteran, Obama recently signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act, which makes it a crime to offer or provide any material support to terrorist groups. It makes no exception as to who and under what circumstances.

"We have a federal statute which makes it a felony to provide material assistance to any terrorist organization," said Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano in support of West's opinion. "It could be money, maps, professional services, any asset whatsoever, including human assets."

Releasing official charges against Bergdahl for desertion would also indict Obama for illegal activities that benefit terrorism. Shaffer spoke of "a titanic struggle behind the scenes," with the Army trying to do the right thing while the White House worried about the images of a president welcoming the parents of someone now charged with desertion and a terrorists-for-deserter narrative coming out.

But it will come out, and it will be damning.

27-Jan-15

27-Jan-15
"If I had a son, he would look like Bowe"

27-Jan-15
trublucolo, the intent was never to evenmerely negotiate but to outright empower.

27-Jan-15
"But it will come out, and it will be damning."

Jack, you and I know both know that nothing will happen to that steaming pile in the WH nor his mindless little bargaining chip, Bergdahl.

That administration has nothing but race cards in their hands and they will trump every play.

28-Jan-15
and, he was a 'private' ...."O" gave him the Sgt. promotion before or upon his release! Another SHAM that should NOT have been! This whole thing has played out to long and he should have been 'put away'! The talk of owing him $300K Back Pay and $300K for POW Captivity pay makes me very ill also!!

I'm with "JTV" above...

28-Jan-15
The military are afraid of Obama. He is firing any top brass that speak out or disagree with him. Some recently retired generals say that.

28-Jan-15
"Wouldn't any father grow a beard,learn another religion and 'play the part" if it meant getting their son back?"

No. There are some that hold principles above all else.

Wouldn't any person fall down begging and pleading, whining and sniveling if ISIS was about to shoot or behead them?

No! Some realize that such behavior is exactly what the terrorists want and that it will not change anything ... except to make the falling down, begging, pleading, whining, sniveling party look cowardly.

Sometimes you just say your prayers, suck it up and face it like a man.

28-Jan-15
well said sarge.

28-Jan-15
He should be shot for treason, but instead Obama gives him a bigger welcome home than the guys who stayed and fought. Bergdahl is a cowardly POS!

28-Jan-15
Charge him with desertion, give him his dishonorable discharge and deny him the back pay. Then cut him loose. That's what I heard a couple of soldiers in his platoon say and I respect their thoughts on this.

28-Jan-15
The Obama Obfuscation has already begun. Now the "word" is that there will be no charges at all--bidness as usual. This has been typical of this administration...multiple contradictory leaks to muddy the waters. Just another version of deflategate. Expect the reveal to be buried in the late Friday document dump...and a complete non-issue by next mid-week.

Should Bergdahl get a pass, expect a Republican Congressional investigation that will follow the path of F&F, Benghazi, IRS, etc.

Shakespeare, in Macbeth, said it best:(The eGOP response will be) "Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."

28-Jan-15
No way Bergdahl will face prison (though he should) as long as Obama has the power to pardon him, and Bergdahl avoiding prosecution and jail time is directly linked to Obama's legacy.

The dad can grow a beard and chant Koran verses all day every day to help his son come home safe. But the day he gets home, I expect to see that dad clean shaven and kissing the American flag on live TV !

Note- that Bowe did not have any contact with his dad for months after his return (maybe still never has had contact?). Some kind of estranged relationship. I think the claim will be that the dad told Bowe to surrender in a deliberate plan to exchange him for Gitmo prisoners. Google this subjet and some damning tweets from the dad! And now after 5 years held hostage following this dopey plan, Bowe might be pissed!

Still guilty of desertion in time of war, and court martial if not firing squad. I am just putting my bet down now on what the sob story defense might be...

28-Jan-15

FREE THE DESERTER: Obama Now Pressuring Army to Let Bergdahl Go Free

"...As incredible as it may sound, the Obama Administration is putting pressure on The Army to let deserter Bowe Bergdahl go free after earlier reports he would be charged with Desertion..."

LIEberal Logic:

28-Jan-15

Anony Mouse's Link
DIANNY RANTS: Pig in a Poke (link)

28-Jan-15
Old Sarge I really doubt you would turn your back on your son if there was a chance you could get him back. Is Growing a beard and reciting some religion that big of a deal? To be honest I think he(Bowe) has a screw loose and and probably wasn't capable of dealing with the situation he was in,that's just my opinion,someone who has known him for years and worked side by side with him.

Questions I would like to know the answers to are why most of his squad was discharged from the service? what were they doing that caused this to happen? Killing innocent women and children for laughs is what I was told by him and the reason why he decide to leave,something pretty damn stupid in a war zone.

Why was Bowe released by the Coast Guard prior to joining the military? I have no idea but the word is possibly due to mental reasons? Why was he even allowed to join the military? my guess is they needed all the cannon fodder they could get their hands on which was a big mistake seeing what happened. This to me is the most important detail that is overlooked,the kid should have never been over there in the first place,blame the recruiting officer that pushed this through.

Bob,Bowes dad was a ups driver in our town until retirement,was a nice delivery man and even taught shooting classes,they live in a extremely modest house outside of town.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, because I don't think they're the muzzie sympathizers you're all hoping they are,just a screwed up(mental) kid that made a dumb ass decision to follow his conscience and never gave it a second thought,really dumb!

I can't speak for the president though,that's where I think most of your hate should be directed.

29-Jan-15
Curt, it cost millions of dollars and a few lives and the trade of 5 terrorists to get your acquaintance back. You simply do not go through months of training, basic, AIT, and MOS to go to a war zone to build schools and the like. If I had a son or daughter die because of that loser, I'd be raising hell.

The Army didn't need cannon fodder. Thats BS. They were turning away people. Thousands were volunteering and the military could afford to be selective.

I agree Bergdahl slipped through the cracks. He must've got in before the CG's paperwork came through. Probably bright enough and athletic enough to pass the entry level stuff.

That "kid" as you know him knew enough to leave his weapons, his post, squad and family. I have no sympathy for him. He won't get in trouble though. That POS in the Oval Office has his back and the media is in bed with them all.

29-Jan-15
I don't know what went on in Bergdahl's head, but if he deserted his brothers in arms then he should be punished.

29-Jan-15
"Old Sarge" is totally right!!

29-Jan-15
I am with The Old Sarge 100%. Did Bergdahl asked to be relieved?, No. He deserted his post, period. He had enough presents of mind to leave his weapons, and send his personal effects home.

idacurt, no insult to you, but, I don't care about Bergdahl prior to his joining the military, or what his dad did. His actions speak for themselves. YES, if I had a relation who disgraced our family name, our uniform, flag and country, I would turn my back on him.

29-Jan-15
Actions have consequences.

Bergdahl planned on deserting/abandoning/leaving (whatever term/excuse/alibi depending on one's view)his unit.

Should he get off scott free, this would be a slap to the face of not only all the men and women who serve this country honorably, but adults and children who understand the concept of responsibility.

Bergdahl, receiving promotion and back pay, has (in effect) been rewarded for deserting and consorting with the Taliban.

I don't know what is worse: Bergdahl being absolved from his actions or a President who traded 5 terrorist leaders (and possibly money)for Bergdal (in spite of a long standing US policy of not dealing with terrorists) and interfering with the military to provide cover for hisactions and policies.

IMHO, both should face the consequences of their actions.

29-Jan-15
Ok Curt if what you are implying was true them why didn't his father shave his beard before the press conference and why did he speak in Arabic etc AFTER his son was already released.

Sorry, you theory doesn't hold.

29-Jan-15
I would hope people would like to hear all the facts before he's put before a firing squad,all you've been fed are the bits and pieces the government wants you to know. Find out why he was kicked out of the Coast Guard and then allowed to join the military and what his discharged squad did while he was there.

I'm not saying he's innocent,just that all the facts aren't known and I can't say anymore on the subject. It's not as cut and dry as you think.

29-Jan-15
"Old Sarge I really doubt you would turn your back on your son if there was a chance you could get him back."

I would do a lot. But I would not give in, submit or sell out. And I hope he would feel the same if it were me.

29-Jan-15
It's hard to believe that anyone would disagree that this waste of skin should be charged with desertion. And yet . . . Then again, does anything this administration does surprise anyone?

29-Jan-15

BowSniper's Link
Idacurt - The stuff Bergdahl's father tweeted (and then tried to delete) tells more of the story that you think is missing

29-Jan-15
"Questions I would like to know the answers to are why most of his squad was discharged from the service?"

Echo Tango Suitcase.

Any other questions?

29-Jan-15

Anony Mouse's Link

30-Jan-15

BowSniper's Link
Lets not loose sight of this Bergdahl issue with other news. This has to stay high on our radar because you KNOW there is some shady stuff about to happen!

Did you see this actual letter from Bergdahl explaining in some manner why he deserted? I find it hard to believe the last page was written by the same person with TOTALLY different handwriting and the sudden inability to spell English words at all on the last page!

30-Jan-15
From Breitbart:

"Friday at the White House press briefing, press secretary Josh Earnest said the Obama administration has no plans to slow down or stop the release of terrorists from Guantanamo Bay, even after reports that one of the five prisoners traded last year for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is currently trying to make contact with the Taliban.

When asked if the development will have any effect on the White House, Earnest said, “No it does not. Simply because keeping the prison open undermines our national security.”

30-Jan-15
The problem with Bergdahl's case is that the Obama administration will not face the reality of who is fighting the civilized world...

...and because he cannot admit to the truth, Obama must protect his views and actions made WRT trading terrorist leaders for a repentant wannabe jihadist.

• Sitka Gear