Thumper 30-Jan-15
Pat C. 30-Jan-15
28-Jan-15

sleepyhunter's Link
Jesse you're a jerk.

28-Jan-15

Thumper's embedded Photo
Thumper's embedded Photo
helifino, I know its hard when things are not going right for your hero!

Jesse the jerk is scum.

29-Jan-15
How do you know Kyle lied?

29-Jan-15
Nice Jesse. Attack a dead man. Class act you are.....

29-Jan-15
Woods, Would you expect anything less from a politician?

29-Jan-15
When I saw the title of this thread, I figured that POS Jesse Jackson was once again demonstrating how much of a useless waste of oxygen he is.

I was partially right, but just the wrong Jesse.

29-Jan-15
A jury says Ventura was right about his defamation claim. However, he is a complete moron in his handling of it. At this point, he is wrecking his reputation much more than Kyle's story did.

29-Jan-15
Now I'm not one of those nuts that goes around shrieking that Chris Kyle is a murderer. And I appreciate what he did. But I do think he was prone to exaggeration. And that's putting it mildly. He claimed something like 230 kills in his book. The confirmed figure is closer to 160. OK, no big deal. But he also claimed to have shot 30 people during the post-Katrina chaos in NOLA. That would be pretty easy to confirm. Just check local newspapers. Apparently, though, it never happened. He also claimed to have killed two people who tried to carjack him. According to local papers and local law enforcement, that never happened. So why is anyone surprised that it turned out that the incident involving Jesse Ventura apparently never happened, either?

29-Jan-15
How do you know Kyle lied?

Jury Verdict.

Would you be offended if someone accused you of saying your fellow veterans deserved to lose a few?

Especially if you were a former seal, ranger, sf?

This crap really challenges my values. On one hand how can the guy get a fair trial?

The trial for his killer starts in February just after the movie release?

On the other....

The case really troubles me because I had a soldier take another soldier shooting before 9/11 and the thug killed him, took his guns and wallet and drug his body between the ranges on post.

The kid was a great soldier, super equipment operator, but would get so nervous that he couldn't pass a promotion board. He was getting ready for his third attempt.

I feel deep in my heart the shooter couldn't have been that f in crazy in Kyles case. The world is messy and I was saying something f it...

29-Jan-15
"Jesse was right, Kyle lied."

helfino, Ventura could have simply kept his mouth shut. But no. He chose to degrade a man who is dead. He is a coward for that.

29-Jan-15
I dont think much of Jesse at all. But he did push through Fireworks being legal in Mn.

I agree with Sleepyhunter 100%.

29-Jan-15
"He chose to degrade a man who is dead"

That is not entirely true. Jesse started the defamation suit while Kyle was alive. The rift between the two was not new, nor post-mortem.

29-Jan-15
No hero to him...

"A hero must be honorable, must have honor. And you can’t have honor if you’re a liar. There is no honor in lying," Ventura told The Associated Press from his winter home in Baja California, Mexico. He also noted that the movie isn’t playing there.

The truth is poor form when speaking aginst the dead who can't defend themselves but does that make it less the truth?

29-Jan-15
I'd say Jesse is the liar since he stated the below back when he was Governor and then it was proven he was never in combat. I think that is his real problem with Kyle.

On Tuesday, Ventura summoned outdoors columnist Dennis Anderson of the Star Tribune of Minneapolis to his office for an hourlong dressing down, aided by Ventura's natural resources commissioner and other officials.

In the confrontation, Ventura fell back on his military background as he lambasted the columnist for questioning his commitment to conservation.

‘If You Haven’t Hunted Man, You Haven’t Hunted’

"And I'll just tell you this: Until you've hunted man, you haven't hunted yet," Ventura told Anderson. "Because you need to hunt something that can shoot back at you to really classify yourself as a hunter. You need to understand the feeling of what it's like to go into the field and know your opposition can take you out. Not just go out there and shoot Bambi."

29-Jan-15
Jesse's real problem is himself. He should kill himself and do the rest of us a favor.

to me....you guys that are judging a dead national hero should stop unless you have personally been there and done that and you knew the man.

He did four combat tours as a SEAL and is a graduate of a whole bunch of the toughest military training in the world. he received multiple bronze stars and a silver star with "V" and they don't just hand them out. Finally he died trying to help a fellow vet.

He deserves way more respect if you ask me....

29-Jan-15
As I said before...

The truth is poor form when speaking aginst the dead who can't defend themselves but does that make it less the truth?

Ventura is most often in poor form and his comments should have been "No Comment"

But I must use some poor form as well since people wish to execute or have people kill themselves because they execute their right of free speech however stupid...

Did Ventura not have every right as an American citizen to have his name cleared?

Did Ventura have the right to not be defamed in order for Kyle to make millions off of a book deal?

Do heroes you know normally brag about their exploits on the battlefield?

How many WW2 vets you know bragged about taking lives?

Do real heroes see war as just doing their job or as a way to make a living and profiteer off it?

I respect Chris Kyle for his service and what he did to save American lives but bragging and lying for monetary gain don't cut it in my book.

and Obama is some folks National Hero so quit judging him.....unless you have been president or knew the man of course.

29-Jan-15
"But he also claimed to have shot 30 people during the post-Katrina chaos in NOLA."

Chris may not have been lying about that. I heard a nurse call in to a show one night and talked about working in NOLA post-Katrina.

She wasn't from NOLA, but was sent there as part of a disaster response team. She recounted processing several bodies of people who's cause of death was tagged as drowning, but she said the bullet holes in the heads was plainly obvious.

When she questioned her superiors, she was told to shut up and do her job, the cause of death had already been determined. She said it wasn't just a few bodies, it was many bodies.

Granted it was just a caller into a show, but I wouldn't just write off what Chris Kyle said about this as a lie. He may have been telling the truth.

29-Jan-15
"Did Ventura not have every right as an American citizen to have his name cleared?"

In just what way has his name BEEN cleared I wonder?

29-Jan-15
Good post gflight... I'm in 100% agreement...

I'll add that honesty and integrity are not mandatory for a good combat soldier... nice but not mandatory.. guts are mandatory..

I consider Ventura an unlikable usually obnoxious whacko blowhard.. the trial was in the twin cities.. The widow was a very sympathetic person.. That the jury still found in favor of Ventura is telling..

29-Jan-15
I'm gonna have to take exception to the liar and braggart remarks G. I know more than a couple of SEAL's....some that knew Chris and even an officer that served with him on SEAL TEAM Three. I just spent a weekend with many of them and they are universal in their praise of the man and their positive comments on his book and movie. One recently posted on FB "American Sniper got it 100% right" For all I know some may have even been at the infamous coranado bar that night, they all have McP's shirts.

No offense but I'm going with those guys take on the whole thing.

29-Jan-15
Say what??? NOLA Katrina drowning victims shot in the head? What did I miss about that?!

30-Jan-15

Straight —» Arrow's Link
I recently helped raise another cool million for Chris' family and very proud to have done it. The SOF community has really come together around this family.

http://sofrep.com/36386/forged-clothing-legend-campaign-support-chris-kyle-estate/

Everyone I know know received a The Legend t-shirt for Christmas.

30-Jan-15
Jesse Ventura, former Navy SEAL (yes, he really No he Really wasn't. JV was a frog man they are two different things. Some of the training was the same but still different.

30-Jan-15
glight,

From my understanding 100% of all proceeds from American Sniper book while Chris was alive went to a charity for wounded warriors. Only after his murder did any proceeds go to his family. This was setup through legal contracts.

30-Jan-15
Pat, JV was UDT...that is offically a SEAL. They wear the same Navy Special Warfare badge and they graduted BUD/S. At one time upon graduation from BUD/S you either went to a UDT or a SEAL team. BUD/S stands for Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL. UDT/SEAL are the same.

30-Jan-15
Well I guess even the seals have assbags among them!

30-Jan-15
The day JV was elected governor I killed a deer with bow and arrow in Illinois. That was all you heard in the restaurants.

30-Jan-15
UDT is only part of the training to become a SEAL. Demolition training is completed by all SEALs but SEAL training goes beyond BUDS, there's additional training to become a SEAL. The old UDT guys were placed into SEAL status out of connivance in 1975, right about the time JV left the service, JV was assigned to UDT 12.

Underwater Demolition Team 12 was not a SEAL TEAM. It was stationed in the Philippines in support of the war effort but JV never saw active combat service in Vietnam. The SEALs formed in 1962, even during these early years they had to complete BUDS before attending specialized SEAL training and specialized SEAL platoon training. Both of these additional programs JV never attended which equates to JV WAS NEVER REALLY A SEAL in the service, but only as he left the service by his UDT association.

There were several witnesses that testified they saw JV having to get up off the ground, but for what reason they didn't know. I guess he tripped and fell? But, I'm not surprised at the verdict coming from a city that voted 80% for obama. Hopefully Chris Kyle's widow will prevail during the appeals process.

30-Jan-15
Calling JV a Seal is like calling an Army recruit a Green Beret.

• Sitka Gear