NvaGvUp 29-Jan-15
DL 29-Jan-15
Joey Ward 29-Jan-15
Salagi 29-Jan-15
Woods Walker 30-Jan-15
HA/KS 30-Jan-15
29-Jan-15

timh's Link
"Seattle will shame people who throw food garbage in their garbage. A bright red tag will be posted on the garbage bin of anyone who puts more than 10% food in their trash cans."

From another article, "Emblazoned with a red citation tag, violators will start to be fined anywhere from $1-$50 in July. For now, Seattle residents will be publicly shamed by the ‘Scarlet Letter’-like tags."

29-Jan-15
who gets the prize job of measuring the food content of the garbage I wonder and what counts as food?

29-Jan-15
I left this state long ago and now will never go back. It is ruled by citiots, many from California working for Microsoft etc.

In the last few years, they have outlawed hound hunting, bear baiting, and you have to turn the naturally spawned salmon and steelhead loose. Of course the Indians may fish all they want and keep everything. The Indians can also hunt year round deer or elk. Then there is legalized pot. What a stink hole my once great State is now.

29-Jan-15

29-Jan-15
I was up there two weeks after new years. I had left Dec 99 and it was bad then. Hwy 5 I thought was crazy then, Holy Crap and I had a compact instead of my pickup.

I almost threw a plastic bottle in the trash at a meeting. I had three people say stop, then was instructed to leave it on the table and they would get it, with the lid on please.

Its a different planet from Missouri I will tell ya that...

But I did see the Mountain ONCE, one day with sun in two weeks.

29-Jan-15
If they don't want it in the trash, everyone could start their own compost pile at the roadside.

29-Jan-15
I think they also band plastic bags and imposed I594 on us in November. What a great state I live in.

29-Jan-15
The Hester Prynne allusion is more than superficially appropriate.

29-Jan-15
My city has said we can't cut down trees without a permit....I immediately went out a cut down some real nice ones for fire wood. That was about 15 years ago and so far they haven't seemed to notice any of my missing trees. I do have a number of acres and it's 100% forested so I don't know how they could tell anyway. I also rifle hunt, have open fires, and target shoot becuase they say I can't.

29-Jan-15
In addition to all the wackiness, the I-5 corridor from Olympia to Everett is the most gawd-awful congested stretch of freeway in America. That's NINETY Miles! And it doesn't get all that much better from Everett to Bellingham.

29-Jan-15
Driving in Seattle is such a joy. Off ramps going off to the left instead of right. I think the movie Tomy Boy had a rant in the movie about why doesn't seattle have highways like the rest of the country.

29-Jan-15
For all their faults, some really good music came, and still comes, out of there.

:-)

29-Jan-15
I was always taught to never throw away anything something could eat, a lesson handed down by my great grandfather to my mother 80 years ago (she still tells the story). It is ingrained in me and I often pull things out of the trash for the dogs, chickens etc after my wife puts it there. I think she does it sometimes to aggravate me. ;) The idea of a law against it tho is what really aggravates me.

Growing up on a farm (and still living on a small one), there was never any problem with food disposal. I am curious as to what the townies are supposed to do with it though.

30-Jan-15
I live in Illinois. In the area I'm in they started telling us that we had to separate our cans and plastic bottles for recycling. Okay, I'm good with that. But then they said we had to PAY AN EXTRA FEE FOR THE RECYCLE BOX SERVICE!!!

I told them to take their recycle box away and since then ALL my cans and bottles go into the trash.

Pay extra for a treehugger's wet dream....yeah right...

30-Jan-15
"I am curious as to what the townies are supposed to do with it though."

Use the extra electricity and water to grind it all through the disposal, of course.

• Sitka Gear