sleepyhunter 02-Feb-15
Owl 02-Feb-15
HA/KS 02-Feb-15
HA/KS 03-Feb-15
Russ Koon 03-Feb-15
29-Jan-15
Amen...

29-Jan-15
. . . . Matt Finney in 5 . . 4 . . 3 . . 2 . . 1 . .

29-Jan-15
"Because it encourages all intelligent, educated, informed individuals to consider that intelligent design may be a valid scientific approach to understanding how DNA and the complex chemical systems of life came to attain their present form."

That's an interesting statement. But nothing about intelligent design as described in scripture gives any detail about our DNA, or chemical make up to even begin to understand how we have Developed to this point.

We already know that early man was not as advanced as we are both mentally or physically. So what indication do we have from intelligent design as to how we have achieved so much in such a small fraction of the existence of life?

I guess what I'm asking is, how do we understand it from a standpoint other than what evolutionary science has offered? Just basing everything on faith doesn't qualify as an explanation.

29-Jan-15
"Just basing everything on faith doesn't qualify as an explanation. "

Neither does the Religion that believes two gas molecules collided in space resulting and a "big bang" that led to creation.

Where did those two gas molecules come from ?

Never heard an answer for that - from anyone, any camp, or any Atheist.

So, which is easier to believe, that two gas molecules collided starting creation and evolution, or that there is a divine power?

For me, I know which one is more far fetched.

30-Jan-15
Tonyo,

"So, which is easier to believe, that two gas molecules collided starting creation and evolution, or that there is a divine power"

Where did the ingredients that god used come from? You don't have an answer to that, which makes you just as far fetched as those atheists. At least we have proof that those gas molecules actually exist.

If the higher power didn't need those molecules to build his creation, why did he bother to create them? People like you are so sure that they didn't play a part in our existence but you can't explain why they're present in every aspect of our lives. Please explain that to the far fetched crowd.

Like I've asked a million times, why can't creation and evolution work hand in hand? Why is that concept such a "taboo" suggestion to some people?

30-Jan-15

30-Jan-15

30-Jan-15
Big Bang Theory

Creation Theory

Key word being Theory....

Everybody has one.

30-Jan-15
Except that the Big Bang people except their premise as a theory.... while the Creation people claim their theory to be fact. And are willing to kill each other around the world over whose God is the real one.

30-Jan-15
The only way anyone will ever know, for certain, is to die. 30 seconds later you'll know the answer.

Until then it really makes very little sense to waste time talking about it.

30-Jan-15
I usually don't pay much attention to threads like this. Then I thought of something. What if I was an athiest, then changed my mind and wanted to be a saved Christian. What Christian Religion should I join?

30-Jan-15
"What if I was an athiest, then changed my mind and wanted to be a saved Christian. What Christian Religion should I join?"

I wouldn't belong to any Christian religion that would have me for a member...that's for sure.

30-Jan-15
Perhaps, but what about that egg and sperm that united to make you and your children for generations before and after you. That seems to be the best explanation of why you and me are here for this millisecond of the ages. We live on in our children, we are there now and when die we waken in our children or descendents. Just something to think about. Also, raising good children is heaven, bad children Hell. Mybe, I am out of here.

30-Jan-15
I usually keep to myself on this issue but I have to say.

Matt Finney you are a tool.

If the only thing in life to look forward to is your twisted view of things I would be looking for a short rope and a tall tree.

Get a grip, I BELIEVE and you can not take that away from me.

30-Jan-15
Gravity is a theory, but sure enough, its there for everyone to see and experience!

Yep. It's called General Relativity.

30-Jan-15
"What if I was an athiest, then changed my mind and wanted to be a saved Christian. What Christian Religion should I join?"

- If you mean denomination, Jim, I'd suggest you join the one that best appeals and matches your spirit and circumstances. That stated, Jesus never made denominational choice a prerequisite of salvation.

BTW, gravity is a law not merely a theory. That's what happens in science, provable theories become laws. That which is unproven remains theory.

30-Jan-15
"Basically you just cherry pick the bible and create your own religion....you keep what the parts you like, and discard the rest....just like all of the other 33,000 denominations of Christianity have done. "

And why does that matter one bit to you? You are a professed Atheist.

30-Jan-15
I am not an atheist, just curios what would be suggested. My wife is a devout Catholic and though not Catholic, I try to live like she does. Has worked for over 50 years, 3 children and 9 grandchildren.

30-Jan-15
Jim, humans have a way of complicating the simple.

30-Jan-15
"Where did the ingredients that god used come from? You don't have an answer to that, which makes you just as far fetched as those atheists. At least we have proof that those gas molecules actually exist."

If you were willing to accept that a divine creator spoke things into existence, then you wouldn't need to ask where the ingredients came from. The Creator is exactly that. I would argue there is more than enough proof that good exists. If you can look at the vastness yet specific detail to our universe and everything in it, it all points to Creator. I guess if thats so far fetched you can subscribe to the theology that a universe so big and complex just evolved or exploded into existsnce. I do however believe there was a minute when there was nothing but God then our universe began to explode into existsnce. You just believe the explosion was gas, and I believe it was a divine Creator.

You could try and convince us all that your bow just evolved or exploded into existence but we all know how ridiculous that sounds. But proceed with trying to convince us something so much more intricate just happened. I don't undestand how many can grasp at the straw of evolution or big bang yet can't even begin to acknowledge that intelligent design is a possibility. Science has become a religion of it own and if you can't acknowledge that well we all ready know your in denial.

30-Jan-15
The only way anyone will ever know, for certain, is to die. 30 seconds later you'll know the answer. Until then it really makes very little sense to waste time talking about it. This! But like I said before what does it hurt to believe in God and a higher power. If im wrong like Mike said ill know 30 sec. after im gone.

30-Jan-15
So Matt what do you do when your "proof" is found to be false?

There are several examples in the last 6 months where your "proof" has been found to be wrong or lied about. Otherwise known as Publication Bias.

Man that is a sucky life to always need to see proof before you believe in something.

You would have been the first to stone some of the greatest minds in the world because their thoughts had no proof but their theories were sound.

30-Jan-15
"If there is a God"

I thought atheists believe there is no God.

Which is it?

30-Jan-15
"Where did the ingredients that god used come from?"

I Am.

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

30-Jan-15
"We must also explain how God was created."

Why? Who wrote that rule? Some "survival of the fittest" evolutionist?

30-Jan-15
which came first the chicken or the egg?

30-Jan-15
Isaiah 45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Romans 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

30-Jan-15
"which came first the chicken or the egg"

I'm betting on the rooster.

;-)

30-Jan-15
LOL ! Good one, Joey !

30-Jan-15
"I don't understand how many can grasp at the straw of evolution or big bang yet can't even begin to acknowledge that intelligent design is a possibility."

LINK- keep in mind that some of us DO aknowledge the possibility of intelligent design and evolution together. Not all of us are so conceited to believe that it's either one way or the other. What I find ironic is that most folks who completely discount a scientific/evolutionary approach claim they don't want or need to know how it happened. I find it hard to believe that someone can claim they honestly have no interest in the truth. Maybe it's pure faith...maybe it's fear. Or maybe some of us are just freaks of nature by being so curious and inquisitive.

I for one enjoy the mystique behind it all because I learn something new everytime this topic comes up. Unfortunately some folks insist on being offended and feel the need to ridicule their opponent to the point of acting like children arguing about santa clause.

30-Jan-15
70, I am one who believes that the world was created exactly as stated in the Bible. I accept that without question - not because I am better than anyone else, but because I have been blessed by God with the faith to believe. I also believe that we probably do not understand all of what the creation account means. When we need to understand, we will be provided with understanding.

When students ask me the big questions, I ask them how they think the world, universe, people (depending on the question) got to be here. I then give them the best answer I can based on their point of view. Just this week, they were shocked to hear that all elements on earth (except Hydrogen) had their origin in a star (if that is the theory of the universe you believe).

When I taught Biology, I always taught the theory of evolution because I was a science teacher, not a religion teacher. Now I teach creativity, thinking, problem solving, research skills, etc.

31-Jan-15
HA/KS

I'm willing to bet you get some very interesting question from your students. I can't help buy think that some of their questions may cause you to think more about things yourself.

I'm confused by the following: "Just this week, they were shocked to hear that all elements on earth (except Hydrogen) had their origin in a star (if that is the theory of the universe you believe)."

Are you saying you don't believe that theory or you don't think it has an impact on how we were created? I'm just curious because our bodies also contain the elements of the stars. I'm assuming you believe this because of the "Genesis dust if the earth" account rather than an explosive dispersion of those same elements. Does that question make sense or did I twist it into an unrecognizable babbling? Lol! I'm just trying to understand your thought process. It's not that often you reply to me with stories in layman's terms!

31-Jan-15
70, I do not read stardust into Genesis, but I am not arrogant enough to believe that I understand it completely. God can create the universe and us however he chooses. The scriptures are 100% true, but our understanding of it is potentially in error.

I have students who believe in creation and students who do not. I am not going to try to change their minds from what their parents have taught them.

If they want science-based information I am more than glad to help them find it. If they want religion, I refer them to their parents. As stated earlier, I do not see creation as science. Where science and the Bible disagree, I know that the science (or our understanding of scripture) is in error.

Hope that helps. If not, ask again. I tell my students to keep asking until they get their question answered. I know that sometimes what I think they are asking and what they are asking are not the same. (What if there is a number between 9 and 10 and we just don't know it?)

31-Jan-15
"I do not see creation as science. Where science and the Bible disagree, I know that the science (or our understanding of scripture) is in error."

I don't understand that train of thought. Why is it so bad for science and scripture to coincide. No matter how hard you try to separate the two...they go hand in hand! Science is a fact of life. God does not punish us for having science. He created science. Or is science the work of the devil in your eyes?

Science has been responsible for events that some people will call miracles. Is it against the rules for good things to come from scientific research?

I don't mean to blatantly disagree but I'm afraid that's where this is headed.

31-Jan-15
I believe in Creation, as documented in Genesis, 100%. But I have no issue if others want to believe otherwise. I think they're wrong, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time and energy browbeating them and trying to force them to agree with my point of view.

On the other side of the coin are the evolutionists, some like 70lbdraw on this thread. For them, it's not enough to "agree to disagree". They aren't content until they have insulted you with their belief that you are "ignorant" or not "curious" or "inquisitive" enough to believe the same way they do, the so-called scientific "truth" (that is always changing). It's kind of like the hard core gay rights nuts, it's not enough for one to have a Libertarian view of they can act however they want in the privacy of their own bedroom. No, they're not satisfied until you AGREE with their lifestyle and APPROVE of it. And they will force it down your throat until you do. So many evolutionists are the same way. They can't allow you to disagree with their way of thinking. They're RIGHT and you're WRONG and they won't quit telling you that until you agree with them that you're wrong.

Funny.

31-Jan-15
"religion = ignorance"

"Scientists admit when they don't know something."

-The former may explain how an atheist zealot can make such an inane statement as the latter. But I would not project that on all people.

Matt, the rest of your post reveals only that your understanding of life is extremely superficial. It has to be to hold your world view.

31-Jan-15
70, science is a human endeavor which means it is imperfect. The Bible is written by God and is perfect.

Science is obviously correct is some things. Science is a human response to creation in an attempt to understand it (if it is honest science). Do not interpret this to say that I believe only Christians can be honest scientists!

I see religion similarly. Religion is a human response to both scripture and the created world. Sometimes it is right and sometimes it is not. Sometimes it is honest and sometimes it is not.

70, the Word of God is the authority. I refuse to put science equal to it. They can work together as long as it is understood who is the ultimate authority and arbiter.

I have loved science from before I was a Christian and still do. I appreciate that our lives are much better due to science. You have seen me defend science many times on this site. I just know that science can be very wrong some times.

31-Jan-15
Very well stated, HA/KS

31-Jan-15
70 lb.:That's an interesting statement. But nothing about intelligent design as described in scripture gives any detail about our DNA, or chemical make up to even begin to understand how we have Developed to this point.

We already know that early man was not as advanced as we are both mentally or physically. So what indication do we have from intelligent design as to how we have achieved so much in such a small fraction of the existence of life?

I guess what I'm asking is, how do we understand it from a standpoint other than what evolutionary science has offered? Just basing everything on faith doesn't qualify as an explanation.

Actually the Bible does say that God formed man out of the dust of the earth and that from the dust we are formed and to the dust we return. Then He breathed the breath of life, Neshama, or inspiration of God into the man and man became a living soul.

This amounts to a composition of the chemicals and minerals of the earth of which God made and then made man from that same atomic and chemical composition. Man is the creation that God actually formed with his hands and then spoke life into. All the other creation was spoken into existence. God said and it happened. But man is formed in the image of God and is very complex.

Doe we already know about early man? What we really see is civilazations that were way advanced, Incas. Mayas,. Egyptins, Abysinians plus many ruins and remains from far earlier than ever thought that did things we cannot even accomplish today. Stones cut as by machine and odd shaped but perfectly fit in ways we cannot duplicate. Stones that weigh hundreds of tons that modern cranes cannot lift yet set on cliff faces that no machinery can reach. My take is the we don't know as much as we think we do.

You aske how can we understand it except by evolutionary science? My answer is that perhaps instead of man evolving we may be devolving from the time of Babel. The answer is putting God in His place as one with power to speak into existence and with no limitations. We should do this instead of denying God's power and ability and existence instead of relying on and answer from the self taught intellect of mankind. Rockets blow up , medicine fails , science changes but God is faithful , real , and never changes or fails. God bless, Steve

31-Jan-15
"but God is faithful , real , and never changes or fails"

AMEN !

31-Jan-15
Athiests are not a problem for religion,they dont form groups,rally against anyone,demonstrate in the streets,build temples and seek to convert and conquer anyone.Its simple and straight forward in this day and age of intolerant religion,waging holy wars and terror in the streets and homes of millions around the world all in the name of a god.Why cant christians tolerate other beliefs that are peaceful and worry more about the beliefs that seek to kill anyone that wont submit to their religion,and rule the world with a dull knife.Tolerance is what seperats us from them,intolerance of athiest beliefs is only two steps from Jhadi JOHNs weekly videos.Who cares what a persons beliefs are as long as they abide by the law,tolerate others and make good life choices and most of all are productive in a peaceful and democratic coalition of nations!

31-Jan-15
Religions that are not tolerant and peaceful are not truely a religion-Its a hate group!Forceing one beliefs on others or reguarding others as not your equal because they have different beliefs is wrong on all levels and is not tolerance.All peaceful beliefs have a common enemy!

31-Jan-15
Tick

31-Jan-15
TSI,

Of late, it has been the Atheists that have shown the most intolerance. Specifically, Matt Finney, has shown the most absolute hatred of all things Christian.

Since I have been on Bowsite since 2007, not one thread has been started by Christians, denouncing Atheists. The same cannot be said visa versa.

This thread was posted about an Atheists viewpoint on intelligent design. It quickly went south, by the statements of Atheists/Agnostics, arguing with one of their own, even.

Look back, you can even find the annual "Sixby" thread where he was challenged, out of the blue, due to his faith.

Not to be disheartened, Sixby is filled with the Holy Spirit, and can handle anything thrown his way. His responses are always based on the Bible, and said with love, not hatred.

Those are the indisputable facts. That is his testimony through action and love.

Challenege him if ya want, but take note: you are challenging more than just Sixby.

He is packing the "Gospel Guns", so be forewarned.

31-Jan-15
tony :-)

31-Jan-15
"Religion is bad in every way, and needs to be stopped."

So you're telling me I'm a bad person for being a Christian? I think you're a pi$$ poor excuse for a human being. I also believe you're so stupid you don't even know or understand what you're saying.

31-Jan-15
Mr. Finney - "That's only if there is life after death, which is a pretty silly proposition if you ask me. Don't get me wrong...I'm a firm believer of life before death, and death after life, but not life after death."

Have you not heard of Jesus? Or, have you heard of Jesus and are just in denial?

31-Jan-15
"Since I have been on Bowsite since 2007, not one thread has been started by Christians, denouncing Atheists. The same cannot be said visa versa."

Tony,you've never read a thread started by two feathers have you?!? Lol!

31-Jan-15
"Actually the Bible does say that God formed man out of the dust of the earth and that from the dust we are formed and to the dust we return. Then He breathed the breath of life, Neshama, or inspiration of God into the man and man became a living soul."

Steve, that is my point. It's obvious we are made from the dust of the earth which in turn is the dust of the universe. My issue has always been in the literal interpretation of the book of genesis. I dont disagree about what we are made of, I disagree about the actual process that took place when we were created.

"My answer is that perhaps instead of man evolving we may be devolving from the time of Babel."

That is a very interesting point! I've never really pondered that thought. I'm so caught up in technological advancement that I don't consider how man succeeded with his bare hands, creativity, and faith, but with very little in the way of material tools. I find it difficult to believe that god would allow us to destroy ourselves, but I see it on a daily basis. Our learning ability has grown like wildfire in the recent years and we only use about 10% of our brains capacity. I can't help but wonder if god created us that way for a reason, or if there is a larger plan in store. Kinda like building a large office complex in anticipation of future growth. But as you point out, why would we be devolving from our original design?

Where is the fine line between evolving/devolving and adapting/taking the easy road? Either way you look at it you have to admit that we have doing one or the other if not both since our creation. Again I think it's a matter of perception because none of us sees it exactly the same way as the other guy.

31-Jan-15
Man has been "devolving" even farther back than Babel. Since Adam and Eve and the fall into sin, the world is broken. Death and decay became the world order.

01-Feb-15
And the same goes to who believe

01-Feb-15
Careful how you tread RMWbowman! Keep talking like that and you'll end up in the bowsite SSS category with the wolves in a heartbeat!

If you're old enough to act so Frickin ignorant, you're not young enough to be corrupted by the likes of this crowd.

Step on too many dicks around here and you'll wind up with two broken ankles!! Lol!

01-Feb-15
All I'm trying to get across is that it's a RIGHT the ones people die for so people need to stop this thread where it started there is no right or wrong... and the is Obama a Muslim thread...really wow so much ignorance on this site no wonder so many leave it was a question that left so many labeling him as a terrorist so all Muslims are terrorist that's what media told me since I saw 9/11 seemed to slow down since then....not on here though but I guess muslim is just blowing up the usa like Christian is blaming the jews wait was that too harsh come on people find something else to argue over its 2015 yeah where at war with a Muslim country some are bad some good just like the people on this site and in the usa ban me I don't care this needs to be said Americans can be labeled the same as them don't hate on a group for what they belive in hate the individual ....don't hate the player hate the game and grow up people really your suppose to set and example for my generation I'm all for what needs to be done don't think I'm soft but stop the ignorant comments

01-Feb-15
It's hard to set an example to a generation that knows not proper punctuation, or when to start a new paragraph.

RMWbowman, I suggest you sue the public education system where you grew up. They did not teach you a damn thing.

You are more than welcome to leave this site anytime you want.

01-Feb-15
I made no assumption at all. RMWbowman did.

I didn't elect RMWbowman as the spokesman for his generation. He elected himself by his own statements in his first Troll post.

Is that all you got, Matt? Personal attacks when your own arguments are baseless and proven in error?

Maybe you should "ax" RMWbowman directly, instead of "axing" me.

01-Feb-15
RMW, consider using the editor tools to clean up your grammar and language. Punctuation is required to effectively communicate. That is not a generational construct. It is strictly mechanical.

I think of the proper use of grammar the way I view our road system. Pavement, signs, intersections, etc. exist to effectively get from point A to point B. Attempting to read anything without punctuation is like following a car who pretends stoplights do not apply to them. No one will follow that car past the first red light.

As for the language, dropping the "f" bomb and other debasing language are a violation of forum rules and will get your posts or you booted.

Now, the above is not for my benefit but yours. If you want people to consider your thoughts - at all - the burden to make cogent points is on you. If you want to be read, you will not violate the rules and get your posts removed.

01-Feb-15
The advent of social media has certaintly not been a boon to the communicative skills of the youth of America.

To limit "tweets" for example to a certain number of characters has fostered truncatation of words to the point where the English language should show up on the endangered species list.

Text messaging has certainly aided the decline in basic communication skills as well.

FYI Matt, my oldest child has been a teacher in the Boston public school system for the past 3 years now and sees this degradation on a daily basis. Commiserating with her peers she learned this was far from an isolated phenomenon; it became clear the problem has become endemic.

01-Feb-15
tick

01-Feb-15
"no wonder my generation is fucked cuz of tech shit and people like you"

Now there is a filthy mouth new comer to the CF.

01-Feb-15
God was an intelligent designer.

We however keep devolving...8^(

01-Feb-15
No one said all religion is bad.always the extreme!

01-Feb-15
I dont share a view that all religion is bad.that is foolish talk.i do believe some should cool their intolerance and the my way or the highway attitudes.some believe some believe in science.who cares.

01-Feb-15
Block me if you want.no skin off my ass.TSI.bowsite sponsor.

01-Feb-15
"Religion is bad in every way, and needs to be stopped."

"No one said all religion is bad.always the extreme!"

TSI, better read the posts before you post.

01-Feb-15
"Telling your kids God hates them is intolerance"

Sounds like something you would say to your kids MF.

01-Feb-15
Christians have really fumbled the ball wrt homosexuality, acting much more as beings of flesh (secular humanists) than spirit. That stated, it is intellectually dishonest to bring up those tortured endings without mentioning the 50+ millions of babies murdered outside the auspices of a Christ-centered life.

That's one reason your ego is abraded by us Matt, you are so zealously religious , you cannot be honest.

01-Feb-15
Spikebull i didnt side with anyone.been here long time myself.worthless debate!cant change someones beleif on here.islam isnt a reigion!

01-Feb-15
Its imposible to change someones belleifs!yes many have religiousbeleifs that are somewhat intolerant and many who dont beleive in god as well.beating a dead horse either way.

01-Feb-15
Matt, enmity, shame, gossip, condemnation, etc. These are humanist constructs specifically identified as works of the flesh. That they are so prevalent in the church is a failure of the church (the people), not the faith. Personally, I'd rather focus on eradicating the problem than the solution.

01-Feb-15
Aaaaand...another decent discussion is hijacked and killed by suicide bombers!!!!

Spike...sorry your thread got trashed. There are some of us here that try to respect another mans topic and attempt to keep a civil and open debate. Unfortunately, it's become a waste of time to have that type of conversation here anymore.

01-Feb-15
We shouldnt take life so serious.none of us are going to make it out alive!

01-Feb-15
"none of us are going to make it out alive!" Which is EXACTLY why it is VERY important.

01-Feb-15
Lets just say depending on ones beliefs and the fact no one will survive the war we call life.call a truce .

01-Feb-15
1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

It is not mine to decide when the horse is dead, tru.

01-Feb-15
And then arrived Jesus Christ.

01-Feb-15
Matt, do you know what a "dispensation" is?

01-Feb-15
So who should we believe, Mr. Finney or Jesus? I'm going with Jesus.

02-Feb-15
I wish to clarify some things that are being stated as truths and are not. 1. Some say Islam is not a religion. In fact Islam teaches fundamentalism according to the texts of the Queran or Koran.The basic teaching is Islam is that those that are of Islam will conqwuer the earth for Islam and form an Islamic state. It teaches that they are to do this by any means and that they are at Jihad or holy war to do so by any means. Infidals are all people not Islamic. These people are to be given the opportunity to join Islam or to be killed by cutting their throats or heads off. The Queran that they revere teaches explicitly how infidels are to be treated. Islam is not only a religion but those that are not radical or fundamental Islamics are to be treated accordingly to the Jihad tenants and recant or be killed .

2. Some have stated that Christianity is a religion. It is not. Christianity is a relationship of an individual formed by a spiritual change called being born again of the Spirit of God. This may happen in either organized religious organizations within Christianity but also outside of any organization . Real Christians all believe in Universal Christianity that is composed of all those individuals within the body of Christ by the indwelling of His holy spirit received upon the born again experience wherin God's spirit witnesses with our spirits that we are His. This is a work of God and not of man and therefor is not of any organization of man either outside of Christianity or within Organized Christianity. Our allegiance is not to a church but to the body of Christ (real church) and to Jesus who is God come in the flesh./ We do not enforce or attempt to enforce our faith or belief upon anyone by any means as this would be useless since we know that it takes a relationship with Christ that is between the individual and God.

This does not mean that organizations under the guise of Christianity have not done so but it does mean that Christianity did not do so and the Bible , contrary to the Koran , does not teach us to do so.

Scripturally I do believe that man is devolving in spite of great tech advances, medicinal and mechanical advances/ The scripture addresses this as evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse. Men shall call evil good and good evil. Justice has fallen in the streets. Men having great pleasure in doing evil and loving those that do so. Ever learning and never coming to a knowledge of the truth. God bless, Steve

02-Feb-15
Anyone that preaches or teaches intolerance of others,threatens to kill,or torture non believers,make slave of women etc and recruit others to commit terror should all be arrested and tried for hate crimes,yet because its a religious belief they are allowed to spew hate with amunity.In no way can Islams teachings of which 65% speak solely of killing those that dont believe or convertbe a religion!Its a hate organisation that will not stop until it either converts everyone or kills everyone.The last guy that tried this hmmm pretty sure was hitler.Athiests,Christians,Jews and so on are not the worlds biggest problem.Enlighten yourself an watch some of the islamic videos being put on the internet,beheadings of children in the streets,stoneing women,mass beheadings human slaughter houses literally-kill floors for infedels.peaceful beleifs need only see for themselves the true evil and realise that debates of this type divide good people with alike values.Islam is wageing war on anyone that believes in freedom,wake up.Matt seriously christians do you no harm,let it go.

02-Feb-15
Matt you have some good points for sure but your not going to acheive anything with an aggressive message.Not sure your view is worth explaining to Christians.christians have a generally very good and peaceful message and do alot of great work for those that need it.Atheists as well can and do similar volunteer work and are for the most part peaceful and generous good peolple with a different view of things.Both sides co exist and share the same desire for freedom,democracy and justice.No need for either group to push their beleifs on others everyone has the right to choose and not be harassed for their choice,those that do harass should be ashamed.Regardless of one beleif we all agree that the 10 commandments are good basic ideals we all can and should live by.

02-Feb-15
Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and all thy soul and thy neighbor as yourself Or the Islamic version Love allah and murder everyone that does not agree with you. If you cannot or will not see the difference then you will not answer to me or another Christian. But you will answer. That is a warning to those that oppose the creator Who owns you whether you like it or not. I recognize his authority and I bow to it. If you make another decision then you set yourself against the most powerful God of the universe. That is not a great decision to make IMHO.

God bless, Steve

02-Feb-15
Matt, you cannot intellectually or emotionally get past pain and consequences. I empathize. Took me awhile before I could reconcile pain and God's mercy. Particularly regarding death.

02-Feb-15
Time to pull the plug Spike.

02-Feb-15
sleepyhunter, I have been here since '03(ish). Rare is the quality thread that stays on topic. :)

02-Feb-15
That true Owl, MF is being ugly just for his enjoyment.

02-Feb-15
Perhaps, sleepyhunter, but every exchange, regardless of motive, is an opportunity. Matt is a Godsend. That is the way I see it, anyway. ;)

02-Feb-15
If Matt wasn't so totally convinced of the existence of God, he wouldn't be fighting so hard to convince us that there is no God. It wouldn't matter, but he knows that it does.

03-Feb-15
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

-Robert Wilensky Reader's Digest

03-Feb-15
HA, good one! 8^)

I'd say that point applies to both camps in the debate.

I'm a more patient atheist myself. I would like to see those who would attempt to explain the thoughts and moral attributes of atheists to at least learn how to spell the word first. It's a small step.

I think the overpopulation problem is the most urgent problem the world faces. I was surprised to hear just the other day that the Pope is now telling the teeming multitudes that they are no longer required to "breed like rabbits". If the major religions can finally end the War of the Wombs among the competing faiths, there is increased hope for us to last long enough for a peaceful resolution to our other differences.

• Sitka Gear