HA/KS 31-Jan-15
HighLife 31-Jan-15
gflight 31-Jan-15
HA/KS 31-Jan-15
Pat C. 31-Jan-15
Salagi 31-Jan-15
HA/KS 31-Jan-15
29-Jan-15
Movies , local news and sports for me........ watched duck dynasty a couple times out of curiosity just to see what the fuss was all about. Just another fake reality show IMO..

I still love baseball the most. Some hate the pace. I love the pace.

29-Jan-15
Never seen that show, nor any others. Except for some football and golf, I haven't turned on the TV for 15 years or more.

29-Jan-15
Hey..We need more chickenflage.

;-)

29-Jan-15
Don't have cable/satellite and don't much like watching shows on the internet via computer so I don't watch it but once in a blue moon. What little I have watched it I've enjoyed it. It is good entertainment and I like looking for some in there that I know. As they will tell you, the stories are fake but the people are real.

Did get in trouble with my bride the first time I did watch it. When Korie appeared I blurted out "Man she looks like Chrys Ann." (her mother). I think I may have said it with a little too much gusto. ;)

29-Jan-15

Anony Mouse's Link
The Robertsons missed out on this product...(link)!!!

While obviously scripted, Phil and family have demonstrated more backbone than most public personalities in control of their family's portrayal...no swearing and standing by their Christian beliefs.

I catch an episode on my Roku once in a while.

30-Jan-15
"NOT" true at all!...and not funny!...that youtube video is very much 'what is wrong with America and this world today'! (jmho)

30-Jan-15
I used to watch it every week but admit I haven't watched lately. Watch a lot of Fox News and can't wait for NASCAR. I watch some movies too.

30-Jan-15
"See, I would argue that Duck dynasty is "what" is wrong..."

But of course you would.

30-Jan-15
Coca

Your right to some extent. While Phil has been "bearded" for quite some time. The boys grew them at Willy's suggestion. He stated that when he took over the operation and was at a trade show, he noticed that they had nothing that set them apart. He looked at his dad and said.."That is certainly a different look". The Beards started as a marketing approach and now they (not their wives) love them. From a marketing stand point, brilliant. They are recognized everywhere.

James

30-Jan-15
No TV here for several years now.

30-Jan-15
Haven't had tv of any kind for 7 years. I feel smarter for not having watched all the mind rot TV offers.

30-Jan-15
Well red neck has run it's course. Like all things, It's only popular so long and it fades away. Now as for The trolls video, He is a coward that would never sit down with Phil and have a real conversation. No all he can do is twist the truth and lie. MF why do you have the need to bring your BULLSHIT here bad mouth other's beliefs. If you don't like it then let it go. No one her has forced their belief on you so stop trying to force you ignorance on us.

30-Jan-15
I watch it every once in awhile and still like the show. Like most TV shows though after a few seasons everything gets old.

30-Jan-15
Never watched it. Never will.

30-Jan-15

30-Jan-15
Bout the only show i watch. I really like it.

30-Jan-15
After a while fishin' for gator gets old. I am sure the Ducks are the same....

30-Jan-15
They can hunt and fish all they want now, they are all millionaires. They also sell a huge amount of duck calls and from what I hear they are great. My favorite was the Mountain Man. He talked so slow and was hilarious.

30-Jan-15
I have watched most of the episodes at one time or another. Some are much better than others. They are hunting, fishing, having fun, and getting paid to do it. I think some are just jealous. I hope they are as happy as they seem. I think Si and Godwin are my favorites. Missy can really sing!

As for the beards, I remember 10 or so years ago seeing their photo at Cabela's and wondering why Cabela's was promoting ZZTop.

30-Jan-15
It's still A&Es 2nd rated show. Whatever that's worth.

30-Jan-15
Never watched it. Never will.

30-Jan-15
Some here are just cantankerous old farts that are fun killers!! HE HE HE sorry couldn't let that one go!!

31-Jan-15
Anony Mouse posted: "While obviously scripted, Phil and family have demonstrated more backbone than most public personalities in control of their family's portrayal...no swearing and standing by their Christian beliefs."

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the sow. While much of it is obviously contrived, I still enjoy the humor and have a lot of respect for a family that represents solid American values.

As sitcoms go, Duck Dynasty has had a good run.

31-Jan-15
"might actually kill brain cells."

Probably an authority on that phenomenon somewhere around here.

31-Jan-15
Duh it's not like it's educational tv now there's an oxymoron ;>

31-Jan-15
I refused to watch reality TV for many years. I eventually gave in and if the topic was of interest I could watch maybe a season to satisfy my curiosity.

Many more Liberal reality shows out there and that should tell you something about reality shows and the people who watch them in general.

31-Jan-15
Sitcoms are generally liberal, documentaries are generally liberal, movies are generally liberal, comedies are generally liberal, academy awards are generally liberal, Grammy awards are generally liberal, Nobel Prizes are generally liberal, Pulitzer winners are generally liberal, PBS is generally liberal, NPR is generally liberal, broadcast TV is generally liberal, newspapers and magazines are generally liberal, environmental organizations are generally liberal, animal rights groups are generally liberal, search engines are generally liberal, social media is generally liberal, tech tycoons are generally liberal, unions are generally liberal, children's literature is generally liberal, billionaires are generally liberal, and even trolls are generally liberal.

31-Jan-15
I watched reality tv and all you ever see is how bad and stupid people can act. Most of the people on these shows need lined up and shot for just the way they act.

31-Jan-15
"They can hunt and fish all they want now, they are all millionaires"

Phil was actually a millionaire before the show was ever thought of. I've followed him ever since I first heard of him over 20 years ago. He turned the Duck Commander franchise from a few calls to support his lifestyle to a huge company. He could care less about the show according to folks that know him. The show is pretty much Willie's (and most likely Korie's) baby. Phil has had the long hair and beard for as long as I've known of him. That's one of the reasons I took notice, when my brother in law pointed him out one time. not too many long haired bearded elders in the church.

Korie's parents sold the publishing company, (Howard Publishing), that her grandfather Alton started. It was also a multimillion dollar company so they're not hurting either. As far as that goes, Missy's family is not hurting.

I would like to see Phil and Matt Finney in a discussion though. ;)

31-Jan-15
Salagi, discussion, shooting match, fishing contest, arm wrestling, football, IQ test, you name it it wouldn't matter. There would be a winner and a second place so far behind that it wouldn't be any more than a gnat on an elephant's ....

• Sitka Gear