itshot 30-Jan-15
HA/KS 30-Jan-15
ar troy 30-Jan-15
HA/KS 30-Jan-15
ar troy 30-Jan-15
bear2 30-Jan-15
bad karma 31-Jan-15
30-Jan-15
If anyone has any doubts about the direction the republicans are going, you should check out what is happening in Arkansas.

Until a few years ago, democrats ran the state with decades long majorities in both the state house and senate. Republicans and conservatives alike have been working their tails off in this state to have a say.

This year, for the first time ever I believe, Arkansas has a republican governor, lt. governor, attorney general, all national house seats are held by republicans, and with the ouster of David Pryor, both of our senators are also.

Yesterday, our new republican governor praised the state senate for funding the "private option" (read: Obamacare,) and hopes the state house will do the same in a bi-partisan fashion.

These people campaigned on ridding us of Obamacare, that we didn't need Washington running the healthcare system, especially in Arkansas. Every poll taken showed at least 60% approval for getting Arkansas out of the Obamacare system.

Of course our good republican governor isn't really committing to Obamacare, he's just funding it for another two years, while a task force studies it to make improvements. The improvement will be to call it something other than the "private option" because too many know what that actually means now.

So glad I've worked at getting my local republicans in control. All it has done is made the democrats policies stronger.

30-Jan-15
So, because the governor is doing something you don't like, you condemn every other elected official that has nothing to do with what he is doing.

Brilliant!

30-Jan-15
bad karma,

As usual, you don't know what you are talking about. The governor, who campaigned against Obamacare (named the private option in Arkansas) who said his first task was to rid us of the private option, upon taking office a few weeks ago, has now decided we must go ahead and fund Obamacare in Arkansas, while we study it for two years (read blue ribbon commission of unelected bureaucrats) who will suggest changes (read change the name because too many recognize that the "private option" is Obamacare) and decide it's fate upon their findings (read kick the can down the road until it is too late to get rid of it).

State representatives, and state senators have done exactly what the new governor has done, since that is what our new republican governor wanted. What was previously a highly contentious debate, with votes split down party lines has become nearly unanimous support for funding Obamacare, new and improved Obamacare, now with more republican!

These people were elected to stop it. Period. They promised to stop it. Period. They got elected, and supported it. Period. Just like the republicans on the national level with the CRomnibus, they surrendered. Period. If we wanted democrat policies, we would have voted democrat. Period.

30-Jan-15
I believe what AR is saying is that the people of Arkansas invested time, money and hope into electing a GOP pol and they are now celebrating their efforts by reaching behind themselves and trying to dislodge the dagger between their shoulder blades.

30-Jan-15
And that's not what you wrote. Like it or not, and I assuredly do not, Obamacare can't be repealed in 2015 or 2016. The Republicans do not have the votes to override a veto, if they even do to get it to Obama's desk. As governor, he's required to follow the law, whether he like it or not.

Hence, you are mad at people for failing to do what can't be done.

And you get mad at me for calling BS on obvious BS.

30-Jan-15
It is the states option to implement Obamacare bk. Some are doing it, some aren't. Our previous democrat governor got us into it, against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Arkansas voters. Our new republican controlled state government pledged to defund our way back out of Obamacare when they were campaigning. When they got elected, they crawfished, just like the federals did. CRomnibus gave Obama control of the purse. I don't know whether you are capable of grasping this, but it's the truth, whether you can comprehend it or not.

30-Jan-15
The Arkansas state legislature has been in place for a whopping three weeks. Surely there are dozens of bills that have already passed, right?

Except for emergency situations, legislature takes months to grind through the system, through their relative committees, etc, before even coming up for vote before the entire body. Such things as fiscal impact, for example, must be analyzed before the legislature can act.

It may be that there are no bills pending on that topic. Or there may be a few that haven't even been scheduled yet, or are being rewritten so they could pass. You didn't comment on that, because it would require actually doing some homework, rather than reflexively and habitually complaining.

Legislatures don't do things in three weeks. What typically happens is that things percolate for months, before a floor vote. If you're so damn smart, you would know that. Having worked to pass a couple of bills in the Colorado legislature that were signed into law, including the concealed weapons bill that I co-authored, I have a pretty good idea about how long these things take and what to do. There are 57 different ways to kill a bill here. There is exactly one way to pass one.

Eat your crow without ketchup.

30-Jan-15

ar troy's Link
If you really must advertise bad karma, couldn't you buy a billboard in Colorado that says you don't know shit from shinola?

30-Jan-15
I heard Mark Levin say on his show once, "they only thing (repubs and dems) are really fighting about is who's going to get to run your life".

I think that just about nails it.

30-Jan-15
They voted to buy time. Oh, my God, the horrors!

I know Ar Troy ramblings from Shinola. Call me when you get a bill passed. IF you're so damn smart, you should be able to do that, right? After all, I have and you don't think I know crap. If I can do that, surely you, Wile E Coyote, Super Genius, could get something done.

No, you're a back benching complainer. And that's it.

30-Jan-15
Some are, some aren't. You one hour photo, instant oatmeal, microwave it now folks don't get that this won't take a week. Troy made the claim I don't know how this process works. At its best, it is slow.

And trying to change a direction isn't a process that takes two weeks. They don't have a good plan in place to replace what currently exists. Hence, they are buying time.

This is like a football season. Half the teams are 0-1 after the first game, including some very good teams. It's not the time for panic. But apparently, it is time for the chronic complainers to stand out and whine.

30-Jan-15
Someone may want to explain to bk that little phrase in the story that says our new republican governor proposed the plan LAST WEEK. Had he proposed to fund Obamacare in Arkansas before the election, he wouldn't be governor.

30-Jan-15
welcome Buckhunter

can't wait for your contributions

30-Jan-15
These are the people who have saddled us with the clintons. Let them stew in their won juices for a while.

30-Jan-15
Might as well blame the other 150 million or so who didn't vote for your candidate either. Democrat victories are everyone's fault, except for the people who nominated the turd candidates they expected everyone to vote for, right?

30-Jan-15
You deny my contention that had the clintons not been in power in AR so long they would never have gotten the chance in DC?

30-Jan-15
So now somehow not only is the Clinton presidency my fault, but his governorship in Arkansas is too? After having never voted for him in my lifetime? Am I guily for his second term too? Lol!

30-Jan-15
Nothing happens that quickly? How long it take them to pass the ACA and the NY SAFE ACT?

31-Jan-15

bad karma's Link
Well, if what you want is legislators passing crappy bills that nobody has read, it can go faster. I take it for granted that you don't want that, so apparently, I am misguided.

• Sitka Gear