HA/KS 31-Jan-15
ar troy 31-Jan-15
HA/KS 01-Feb-15
Thumper 01-Feb-15
HA/KS 02-Feb-15
joshuaf 07-Feb-15
31-Jan-15

NvaGvUp's Link
Very interesting reading from Nate Cohn. Conspiracy theory aficionados may not like the data, however.

It's too long for a cut-n-paste and the article includes charts, so read it at the link.

31-Jan-15
Requires a login, Nva

31-Jan-15
Didn't for me, but I'm on the phone.

31-Jan-15

NvaGvUp's Link
I had no problem.

Try this:

Go to hotair.com, then look for the 'Blue State Republicans' article and open it up that way.

31-Jan-15
Spike,

The data points to why the 'EGOP' candidate keeps getting the GOP nomination. Your theory that the 'establishment' somehow chooses the nominee does not.

People vote. They vote in state caucuses or in state primaries. The candidate who gets the most votes in each of those caucuses and primaries gets the most delegates. The candidates with the most delegates gets the nomination.

The nominee is not selected by some tiny group of establishment types who sit in a smoke filled room and decide for us.

31-Jan-15
I think the gist is that conservatives are conspiracy theorists in regards to the republican party, and how they maintain control of the nomination process, and what it produces. Essentially we've imagined the war that the party and its leaders have declared on conservatives, and should bow down to our liberal republican overlords. We all know the blue state brand of republican is what brought the party back to prominence, so like it or lump it. Which to me is just another reason that as a conservative, I see no reason to support the party at present.

31-Jan-15
Interesting read.

Overall, 59 percent of Romney voters in the Republican primaries lived in the states carried by President Obama. Those states hold 50 percent of the delegates to the Republican National Convention, even though they contain just 19 percent of Republican senators. Just 11 percent of House Republicans hail from districts that voted for President Obama.

31-Jan-15
Troy,

That's not at all what I said.

31-Jan-15
I know. You're making the case that the party establishment has no control over the primary process, and it simply isn't true. Neither is the notion that the party establishment isn't out doing everything it can to suppress and minimize conservative impact.

31-Jan-15
No, I'm simply saying that no matter how much the entrenched GOP politicians despise conservatives, which they clearly do, in the end, voters pick the nominee.

31-Jan-15
Spike, troy, go start a party that is everything you dream it can be. That is still legal. You can only allow members of your party from states that you carry in the presidential election if you want.

You sound like a poor welfare recipients who claim that the world is stacked against you to assure that you can never get off welfare.

The article is a very interesting discussion of why moderates have so much power in the republican party. Without them there is no chance of ever winning a presidential election. They may very well outnumber true conservatives in the party and certainly will if conservatives leave the party.

31-Jan-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Spike,

So, you're telling us our caucus and primary votes don't count? That the voting is rigged? Really?

It's all predetermined by the man behind the curtain?

31-Jan-15
HA goes off again. Nobody is surprised by the willingness of establishment republicans to dog conservatives out of the party. We've been experiencing it for quite a while now. What we are really pointing out is the hipocracy and outright fraud that establishment republicans employ to get conservative votes. All you have to do is read the republican platform to know that this is the truth. You don't want people pointing this out, and you don't want conservatives to recognize the facts. No amount of evidence will convince establishment republicans that what they are doing is wrong.

I will continue to point out the fraud, and how the solutions to our problems will not be found in the republican party, and the republican party will continue to lose presidential elections.

31-Jan-15
Troy,

Please do point out the fraud in the primary and caucus voting. I'm all ears, but I want facts, not innuendo.

31-Jan-15
It's been shown here a thousand times in a thousand ways. It is simply denied or dismissed. I could spend the rest of the day compiling information you've already seen, but why? It hasn't made any difference the last thousand times.

One has to look no further than the punishment the party promised for states which wanted a say in the primary process by moving their primary date up to know it happened there, and hundreds of other ways.

If you really are interested in facts, then actually pay attention to some of the things that are posted here. You may get more than you want to know, or are willing to admit.

31-Jan-15
Troy, nothing has been shown here except losers crying that they were cheated. In spite of what the leftists say when a republican or conservative is accused, it is not the severity of the charge, but the accuracy of the evidence.

31-Jan-15
Pretty much what I expected from you HA. There are losers and then there are losers I guess. It's becoming quite difficult to maintain respect for you.

01-Feb-15
Spike, are you saying that you want a party so exclusive that only the most conservative will vote for their candidate?

troy, the "republicans cheated in the primaries" crying started with RP supporters - even though their guy could never break 10% in a real primary. Now others seem to have been sucked in by that false narrative.

01-Feb-15
News flash for the Conservatives, the democrats win elections because of their rainbow coalition and union support. Heck, even the Coal Unions support o and he's regulating them off the planet. UFB!

02-Feb-15
Dems may be fractured, but their voters are not.

07-Feb-15
In the first 2 months of GOP primary voting in 2016 (Jan/Feb), there will be 10 states voting. Only TWO of them are states that the GOP candidate will carry pretty much 100% of the time in the General election. Of course Blue State Republicans have a lot of influence in who the nominee is when so many of the early voting states are states that are more Liberal in general, including the Republican voters in those states. Momentum and Perception count for a lot in primary races. The more Liberal GOP candidates have the early voting states deck stacked in their favor for sure.

• Sitka Gear