Shuteye 24-Feb-15
SB 26-Feb-15
DL 27-Feb-15
gflight 27-Feb-15
elkhunter-ny 28-Feb-15
Shuteye 28-Feb-15
DL 01-Mar-15
22-Feb-15
He hit the wall a ton, head on. No safer barrier in that spot and I bet they will fix that pretty soon. He has a compound fracture of his right leg and a broken left foot so he won't be racing Sunday. He is a super good driver but won't be doing any racing for a while now. His brother has been suspended for beating up his girl friend. No Bushes in the race, hard to imagine.

22-Feb-15
Going to be a good race without them.

22-Feb-15

Last half of the video shows various car cameras catching the wreck.

22-Feb-15
Kyle has calmed down the last few years and both brothers are very good drivers. Most of the drivers are super athletes. Hard to imagine going 200 MPH and only inches from a car on either side. Road racers and Indy racers have tried to come to NASCAR but just can't compete. Danica will have to win a race is she is going to stay. She has won in an Indy car but she will tell you that NASCAR is much tougher.

22-Feb-15
what a horrible accident. thank goodness he was wearing the hans device. it is a shame after the death of Dale Sr. that the SAFER barriers are not installed on all the walls. who can look at that inside wall that Busch hit and think there is no risk to what just happened? the drivers should be ticked off at the track owners and demand more safety.

22-Feb-15
Elkhuntr, the drivers are furious. Some of the tweets right after the wreck showed what the drivers think. There is no excuse for not having safer barriers every place they can hit the wall. The cars are fantastic for saving drivers and they can do barrel rolls and the driver gets out and walks away. However the sudden stop when hitting a hard wall is very dangerous.

22-Feb-15
Daytona track president Joie Chitwood said the speedway failed for not having the soft walls and will start next week on having them installed "on every inch of our property."

"The Daytona International Speedway did not live up to its responsibility today," Chitwood said. "We should have had SAFER barrier there. We're going to fix that. We're going to fix that right now.

22-Feb-15

tonyo6302's embedded Photo
tonyo6302's embedded Photo
"Danica will have to win a race is she is going to stay."

Shuteye, I am going to have to dissagree with you. As long as Danica looks like this, she will never have to win a race.

:^)

22-Feb-15
Not only does she look great she really is a good driver. Go Daddy wants her to win and have told her so. She did get a pole last year.

22-Feb-15
"Get did get a pole last year."

I'll bet.......

22-Feb-15
Behave Bluedog.

22-Feb-15
Let me speak for bluedog,

"Whuddid I say? . . . . Whuddid I say? . . . ."

22-Feb-15
what is it with these racers that race the day before the big race. that is what happened to that guy in NY last year. you'd think they would focus on the big even and not some night before warm up deal.

22-Feb-15
Bou, it is probably because they didn't go to college :-)

22-Feb-15
She needs to get her jock strap adjusted. On her first wreck the other day she came down the track and hit Denny Hamlin and then blamed him for it.

22-Feb-15
Bou'bound, my wife says the same thing, why not concentrate on the big race. Both Bushes run all kinds of races. Toby Stewart broke his leg last year in a dirt track race and Dale Jr was burned real bad and messed up a whole season while racing a Corvette.

22-Feb-15
I like to go to the Monster Mile at Dover and see all the stuff going on before the race. Seeing motorcycles jumping over tractor trailers and doing flips. How anyone ever learns to do that is beyond me. They are doing it over blacktop too. The riders can let go of the bike and look like they are flying. They aren't even touching the bike and way up in the air.

22-Feb-15
If you had a big sheep hunt scheduled in a few months and someone invited you to go deer hunting at a place that has some great bucks would you go? Or would you just stay home and concentrate on your sheep hunt? These guys don't see it any different than that. They don't think they are risking anything. It always happens to the other guy.

22-Feb-15
If you had a big sheep hunt scheduled in a few months and someone invited you to go deer hunting at a place that has some great bucks would you go? Or would you just stay home and concentrate on your sheep hunt? These guys don't see it any different than that. They don't think they are risking anything. It always happens to the other guy.

22-Feb-15
Danica will be wrecked before the race is over.

22-Feb-15
I was busy watching paint dry.

22-Feb-15
"If you had a big sheep hunt scheduled in a few months and someone invited you to go deer hunting at a place that has some great bucks would you go? Or would you just stay home and concentrate on your sheep hunt? These guys don't see it any different than that. They don't think they are risking anything. It always happens to the other guy. "

Spot on, DL, spot on !

22-Feb-15
"I was busy watching paint dry"

I got it, SB.

Left turn, left turn, left turn . . . . .

22-Feb-15

DL's Link
Yeah three wide at 200 mph bouncing off each other knowing that any second all Hells goons break loose is pretty dull.

23-Feb-15

Back when it was stock racing. Man & machine vs man & machine.

23-Feb-15
I enjoyed it when they were REAL cars... and the guy with the fastest car won. Now I t's all the same specialty built engines,specialty built chassis, and template determined fake tinfoil bodies. There's not a factory Dodge,Ford,or Chevrolet part on any of them! .....and too many stupid rules!

23-Feb-15
I have been watching and going to the races since they first started and remember the race that led to Fireball's death. He was burned real bad in a wreck and died in the hospital from pneumonia. I remember Rusty Wallace going over 240 MPH at Talladega. They let him run some laps with no restrictor plate.

Back in the old days it was the moonshiners that won the races because the southern boys knew how to build cars to outrun the cops. I remember one race that Darrell Waltrip was way ahead. They asked Junior Johnson if the engine could hold up for 500 miles. Junior told the reporter that he had built the engine to just go 500 miles. When Darrell took the checkered flag, the engine blew up in a huge cloud of smoke. He got the trophy but we all know that Junior told Darrell to hold the gas pedal to the floor and hit the clutch when he crossed the finish line. NASCAR didn't have an engine to inspect after the race. Good old days.

Any one that thinks it is just turn left don't know about racing. NASCAR drivers have won every kind of race there is including Indy racing. Indy drivers cannot compete in NASCAR. NASCAR drivers win off road races too. They are some of the most physically fit athletes on the planet. Tony,"Smoke", beat the tar out of one to the top Indy drivers when they switched and drove each other's car at a track up north that has 11 turns.

Think what you want but the NASCAR drivers are the best in the world and also the highest paid. They also run every week during the season, not once in while. You get a quarter of a million dollars just for making the Datytona 500.

23-Feb-15
"I was busy watching paint dry."

Yep. Me too.

Sherwin Williams Interior Latex is fastest drying.

23-Feb-15
Not a big fan of the 18 but hate to see anyone get hurt. Hope he makes a full recovery and returns to the track soon.

That 500 on Sunday was one of the best ones I've seen in years. I was at the edge of my seat for quite a while there. Wish it would have gone green without the last couple cautions, but not a bad finish either way.

23-Feb-15
Yes it was. No Buschs won so it was good.

23-Feb-15
I wish that Harvick could have gotten around the 15 car to make it a good race. Restrictor plate racing keeps everyone together for the big crash at the end.

24-Feb-15
I wish there had been two more Laps and Dale Jr would have won.

24-Feb-15
danbark, stay outta da bush, stay outta da bush.

24-Feb-15
danbark...how old are you man? You should know they don't have bushes anymore!

Heck, when I saw this news I was thinking that Kyle was trying to make Nascar racing interesting again. To watch his pile-up video is the first time I've tuned in for years!!

I'm still a devoted fan of the open wheel dirt track! Little cars, big engines! Short track, lots of crashes!

24-Feb-15
First time I saw sprint cars race it was almost frightening at the speed they got up to in such a short distance.

24-Feb-15
I got to a race in Dover every year and have a blast. However, I prefer to watch the Sunday race on TV since you can see it a lot better. In the stands the cars go by so fast you have a heck of a time telling the cars apart. Danica is one of the easiest to follow with that bright green car. I don't know how they can possibly go that fast and not wreck on ever lap. You would have to see it in person to believe it. They are only inches apart and sometimes three wide. One little mistake and they are done. Dover is a self cleaning track because the banking is so steep they end up on the bottom after a wreck. You couldn't pay me to drive a sweeper around the track. I think I could upset one by hand.

My son in law and I love to see all the other stuff at the track and a few years go they were letting people try and change a tire. The had the car all set up. And some guys talked my son in law into trying to change a tire. He did it and the track people asked him to do it again. They told him to wait while they went and got some team officials. He did it again and was offered a job, right on the spot. They said he had matched the speed that many of the pit crew guys did. He didn't want the job because of all the travel.

My son in law is a big ol' boy and can pick up those tires like they are nothing. He has done mechanic work on trucks and cars all his life. This was the first time he every tried the NASCAR thing though.

26-Feb-15
So... Bubba J.... What did you do this weekend? "uh...we just sat around the trailer watchin NASCAR and DRINKN BEER"!

27-Feb-15
So SB what did you do last weekend? " Drank beer and watched hockey".

27-Feb-15

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
"As long as Danica looks like this, she will never have to win a race."

Yep...

28-Feb-15
I love these guys who say that the drivers from other racing series can't compete in NASCAR. Why would a F1 (formula one) driver want to play bumper cars with these guys? The only reason NASCAR has fenders on the cars is because NASCAR drivers aren't good enough to run without them, they would be a disaster in an open wheel race. Watch these NASCAR clowns at Sonoma or Watkins Glen bounce off each other when they have to turn right. Look at all the great NASCAR drivers that drove INDY cars, A.J. Foyt, Tony Stewart and um,a, uh.....And the guy who gets all excited when they are bouncing off each other at 200 mph, hoping for all hell to break lose. Amazing how in the INDY 500 they go over 230 mph and the fans aren't waiting for "the big one." But NASCAR drivers are better, yeah okay.

28-Feb-15
A bunch of Indy drivers would like to be in NASCAR because the money is so much better for a good driver. Tony Stewart can drive anything with wheels. As I said earlier, last year he traded cars with an Indy driver up in PA and kicked his rear. It was a top Indy driver too. Tony could beat the guy in either car. One of Danica's problems was getting so close in NASCAR, you just don't do that in Indy cars. She said she is going to be more aggressive this year.

01-Mar-15

DL's Link
My favorite NASCAR moment. Last race of the season and they are at Daytona where Dale Earnhardt was killed at the 500 months earlier at the first race of the season. Incredible emotional race for everyone watching. Also it has the late Benny Parsons in the booth calling the race.

• Sitka Gear