tonyo6302 22-Feb-15
Narlyhorn 22-Feb-15
tonyo6302 23-Feb-15
NvaGvUp 23-Feb-15
70lbdraw 24-Feb-15
NvaGvUp 24-Feb-15
22-Feb-15
Regarding the Monsanto thread by HA.

I had made two submissions on that thread and now notice the entire thread has been poofed.

Was it something I wrote? Was it the moderators?

Just wanting to avoid trouble if I posted something inappropriate.

Another question.

In re-reading the forum rules, I read that each poster starts out with 3 stars. Those on probation have one star by their name removed for each violation of forum rules and their name underlined in red. Three strikes and your out.

Is this still correct? I don't see these attributes, stars or underlined names on my 'puter?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

22-Feb-15
Jeff,

I never looked at that thread, so can't offer any thoughts on the content.

The Three Star system is long gone. It's been a few years since we had that on Bowsite.

22-Feb-15
Mystery to me! Last I saw, I read something narly wrote about banksters or some such conspiracy theory. I didn't know the thread was gone until I read it here.

22-Feb-15
Thank you Kyle.

As far as I know, my comments were fairly innocuous. Just some of my thoughts on free market capitalism as it exists today with regard to banksters, governments, multi-nationals and taking a broader view of those institutionalized monetary system/government/banking systems as they relate to corporatism. Then a link to how Hungary has dealt with their effects in regard to Monsanto and the IMF from the WealthWatchman website.

The second post was concerning GMO labeling as done in a free market vs. government mandate.

Like I said, seemed fairly innocuous to me and not unlike similar comments I've written regarding such issues. Maybe I missed something.

Would like to know though. I didn't think it conspiratorial in nature at all even thought HA does like to attribute that to those who disagree with him at times. Especially since I recommended fact checking both his post and mine.

22-Feb-15
Narly, I didn't see the GMO posting. Monsanto must of had it pulled :-)

22-Feb-15
There you go ... Monsanto is bad Juju !!!!

Nothing to see here ... move along - move along

22-Feb-15
Pat's bread and butter is cyber security.... take 3 guesses who his biggest client is. ;)

22-Feb-15
HA, in that post I noted that I voted against the mandatory GMO labeling initiative in the last election cycle here.

That I preferred a free market solution to gov. interventions.

That while looking for Oatmeal at the grocer the other day, I noticed Cheerios had a big GMO Free label on them.

Thought that was too expensive for the distribution system to satisfy and asking the question if oats were somehow different than the distribution of other grains. After all Monsanto said it was too expensive. General Mills seems to think otherwise. At least with regard to Cheerios.

Asking GM's, hey what about Honey Nut Cheerios.

Hahaha! Monsanto had it pulled? Talk about conspiracy theories and deflections.

Sorry the Wealth Watchman link offended your or someone's delicate senses. It certainly wasn't favorable to the oligarchs, banksters, neo-cons or corporatists in the EU/UK/DC, so I can see how it may offend them or their muppets.

22-Feb-15
Henry,

Sometimes you crack me up! lol

22-Feb-15
Bluedog,

I know! I know!

Hint: It's not Monsanto. Nor is it a bank or Goldman Sachs. ;^)

22-Feb-15
A question.

Does that mean we shouldn't speak poorly of the US government here?

No problem if that's the case. It's a private site. Would be nice to know and where the boundaries are.

I'd like to stick around. I'd like to think I've got a few friends here.

22-Feb-15

HA/KS's Link
Narly, you and I may see some parts of the world differently (though likely most exactly the same), but I guarantee that I had nothing to do with the thread disappearing. The day there are no contrary opinions here, is the day I am gone.

As for cheerios, there are apparently NO GMO oats (see link for the explanation from the company), so it is an easy but meaningless labeling.

22-Feb-15
I beleive you HA. I do think we're more alike than different too. Thank you for that. Water over the bridge.

I thought I had read that there were GMO oats but I could be mistaken. My memory isn't what it once was.

I would add that it's not meaningless if that's what consumers want from food suppliers and food suppliers are willing to respond to that free market demand.

22-Feb-15
Narly,

Pat does NOT work for the government! Besides, he's as conservative as most all of us on the CF are.

I don't know why the thread was pulled, but I'd bet it was for a reason we haven't probably considered.

22-Feb-15
Just trying to read between the lines who the largest CS client is. Apparently it's not one I have considered if not gov. related.

Either I crossed a boundary or the URL I posted did in it's content. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

But, my spidey senses have now been raised. %)

I have never questioned the integrity of Pat, his site or the moderators. I don't want to do that now either. This could just be a glitch. I'll just accept that as the highest probability and leave it at that. That, or I provided a URL that was not the one I intended and it was indeed inappropriate.

If someone wants to go to the Wealth Watchman site and read the essay about Hungary v. the EU/UK/DC/IMF out of curiousity, so be it.

22-Feb-15
Relax Narly. I read everything you wrote and I'm pretty certain it wasn't you. No way IMO..

Bet a nickle somebody posted waaay over the line and since the thread was short..it was just yanked.

Disclaimer: obviously I have zero affiliation with Pat or Bowsite's business... my "largest client" line was just a joke..

22-Feb-15
Blue, chilled brother, listening to some Ed Allyene Johnson and Amos Alias for some R&R. Doin' some readin' between posts.

22-Feb-15
1. What's "CS?"

2. It may be something as simple as a Bowsite rule prohibiting guys from going after a company by name.

bluedog raised a pretty interesting possibility. He may well be spot on.

22-Feb-15
CyberSecurity.

Didn't realize Bluedog was jokin'.

Ain't gonna worry about it.

22-Feb-15
well... there goes a nickle.. :(

22-Feb-15
I had a thread that I posted about three years ago that got pulled. I had said something nice about a company and their customer service. The only thing that I could envision as a possibility was that maybe someone thought I was a shill.

22-Feb-15
Thanks Pat. For ALL you do and allowing my sometimes cantankerous azz to hang out.

22-Feb-15
As some very, very wise man posted above:

"I don't know why the thread was pulled, but I'd bet it was for a reason we haven't probably considered."

What do I win? lol

22-Feb-15
I generally never enter into any conversation about threads or posters disappearing or not disappearing. This is a privately owned site. I am here as a guest and 100% approve of the owner's decisions.

22-Feb-15
Well, I'll concede a hat tip if that will suffice.

22-Feb-15
I should spend a little time in other parts of Bowsite like I did back in the nineties. Maybe I'll do a little more lurking there.

When I came back a couple years ago, my views about so much were different than back then. My eyes substantially more open now than then. Primarily due to the 07-08 financial crises and the attacks against our liberties both before, during and since.

My state forum detests political contributions unless of a certain type. I respect that, so I don't contribute there anymore as it would violate the limitations they've bound themselves to. It's difficult for me to talk about just bowhunting or anything else for that matter without injecting the bigger picture most of the time. That invariably leads to politics of some sort.

Some people don't like political discussions period. They're just apolitical. Some just don't want their ideologies challenged, they've made up their mind. Some have vested interests in their belief system and will defend them no matter the evidence to the contrary. Some just can't deal with the cognitive dissonance. Some of them a combination of those. Suppose it applies to me too.

Guess, that's why I stay here on the CF. Plenty of folks not afraid to challenge each other. I want to consider all points of view. Guess I like shattering some illusions. If I have some, I want them shattered too.

Lots of times it is good to just talk about the fun stuff and forget the BS. Too much time doing that and not paying attention to the BS goin' on in the country can be perilous too. Guess it's about balance but I like to put my country and countrymen before my fun.

22-Feb-15
Pat is being real quit about the star thing nobody has stars. That's how close we all are to the ax!! HE HE He!!

22-Feb-15
The Star system worked well, but I think Pat thinks the Thread Owner Tools do an even better job, as well as allowing us to self-police.

22-Feb-15
I remember when losing a star was a badge of honor!! Or at least something to be razzed about!

22-Feb-15
Hey, just as a matter of fact, started posting in 2007, and during the three star system, I never lost a star. That has got to be a record.

A good paradox is the 5 good conduct medals I was awarded while in the Marines . . . . . if only they really knew . . . . . . HA HA HA !

Yea, I probably should have lost a star from time to time, but I never did.

It is just like speeding on the Interstate - as long as someone else is going faster, HAMMER DOWN, BABY !!!!

;^)

Play the percentages, guys, Pat Lefemine and company can only read so many posts at day. As long as others are being more of an arse than you are - HAMMER DOWN !

;^)

Now where is my Bowsite good conduct medal ?

22-Feb-15
good conduct medals? Baa! LOL

22-Feb-15
tonyo,

If you never lost a star, you weren't doing things right! lol

22-Feb-15
LOL !

I can't argue with that, Nva and bluedog.

After reflection, I do believe that Owl and Kathi may have my no lost stars record beat.

However, I do believe that I have seen bluedog and NvaGvUp down to ONE STAR on numerous occasions.

- just say'n

:^)

Heck, even Rupe has been down to one star ! ( Where has he been, anyway ? )

22-Feb-15
Tony, "Play the percentages, guys, Pat Lefemine and company can only read so many posts at day. As long as others are being more of an arse than you are - HAMMER DOWN !"

Seems most of us are pretty good at taking turns.

23-Feb-15
Narlyhorn,

You just shattered my illusion.

:-(............................

23-Feb-15
Too funny. The thread has now been moved back to the CF, but all posts discussing what happened to the thread have been removed, including Pat's!

24-Feb-15
Pat C. - "Pat is being real quit about the star thing nobody has stars. That's how close we all are to the ax!! HE HE He!!"

Doctor Seuss anyone??

"Star bellied Sneeches have bellies with stars!"

"Plain bellied Sneeches have none upon thars!"

LOL! Sorry Pat C...I don't know why that reminded me of the good ole Dr. S, but I for one am proud to be a Plain Bellied Sneetch!

24-Feb-15
Now all the deleted posts have been restored. LOL!

• Sitka Gear