mn_archer 23-Feb-15
Thumper 23-Feb-15
Dave G. 26-Feb-15
Joey Ward 26-Feb-15
22-Feb-15

DL's Link
Pretty amazing to me

22-Feb-15
He flew again today at the Daytona 500. awesome.

22-Feb-15
I guess living where I do I don't see anything patriotic about eagles- they are a major pain in the rear here and are nothing more than overgrown seagulls in these parts.

michael

23-Feb-15
Awesome sight to see at the game, they are our national bird. In some areas I can see their numbers being a pain in the butt, especially when I can't use their wing feathers to fletch some of my arrows. They're protected just like the Sea Gulls.

There was a hunting camp on the Neches River in E TX that for years shared their camp with eagles, mid 80's. They were protected and undisturbed, until the bird watchers got the hunters kicked off. Bird watchers got so thick it pushed the eagles out of the county.

23-Feb-15
Thumper,

I cant drive more than 10 miles without seeing an eagle or osprey nest here. Eagles are so thick its unreal. in the spring when they are nesting if someone complains about a nest getting "disturbed" because of some sort of human traffic they will close old roads and atv or hiking trails till later when the chicks are larger- its a joke. if it was so disturbing to the eagles they can more their nest I say.

I understand it being the natl bird and all, but when they are as thick as this its a pain.

3 years ago I accidentally got one in a snare set for bobcats in the winter, and it was killed. it was a complete accident and almost unheard of. When the game warden met me out in the woods he was very cool about it and nothing became of it because it was in fact an freak accident. I have also killed one flying out of a ditch off some roadkill with my truck.

it would take both hands to count up the people I know who have hit them with autos.

michael

23-Feb-15
I use left wing feathers, just saying.....:)

26-Feb-15

Dave G. 's embedded Photo
Dave G. 's embedded Photo
Without the white heads, they'd look like your run-of-the-mill buzzard. But when it comes to getting their meal, buzzards and all other flying critters have to take a back seat.

But there's something special about seeing them flying around, no matter how many times I see them.

Photo courtesy of Marine Corps Base Quantico’s Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs

26-Feb-15
I'm partial to the Golden variety.

War Eagle!

:-)

• Sitka Gear