gadan 23-Feb-15
sleepyhunter 23-Feb-15
DL 23-Feb-15
DL 23-Feb-15
Woods Walker 23-Feb-15
mn_archer 23-Feb-15
t-roy 24-Feb-15
22-Feb-15
Im not a huge tv guy and I really couldn't care about these stupid awards, however I do have it on hoping to see American Sniper win the best picture.

The guy they have hosting is that doogie howser md actor Neil Patrick Harris- who has a husband. Now I couldn't care less about what he does in his free time or whoever he loves, but naturally is expect him to be pretty liberal with his lifestyle choices.

They just gave out an award to a movie that apparently deals with whistle blowers and the woman accepting the Oscar actually thanked ed snowden! that got my attention-

when they walked off stage they cut back to doogie howser and he said "yes, edward snowden couldn't be here tonight for some Treason!" LOl I wish they would have showed that womans face-

classic tv moment

michael

23-Feb-15
yeah, I believe he said that he hoped the current immigrants would get the same good treatment that the previous generation of immigrants got.

Well I happen to be 100% Irish and I know my ancestors weren't treated the best either so where does that leave us?

oh well.

michael

23-Feb-15
Award show sucked....80% of it was garbage (jmho) and I don't deal with 'alternative lifestyle' "people" at all! Liberals have America so screwed up now!......The Academy picks the movies nominated and The Winners .... (movie goers do not have a say-so)..... And they pick the 'entertainment' (or lack there of) and the "head" speaker and category announcers. American Sniper should have won 3 or 4 categories I think as well as Best Picture and a tribute should have been made to Kyle and all our service 'people' past & present and a acknowledgement to his wife attending the awards!

I was very displeased with the whole show!

23-Feb-15
If I remember correctly, Brokeback Mountain flubbed in the box office, but won Academy Awards due to the alternative lifestyle portrayed on the prairie.

PC at its finest.

I will just make a guess that HeadHunter never watched it either.

;^)

23-Feb-15
".....the current immigrants would get the same good treatment that the previous generation of immigrants got."

Well let's see....mine came through Ellis Island in the late 1800's early 1900's, and they went through health quarantines and all the other LEGAL requirements therein, INCLUDING quotas and other numerical parameters so if that's what he means then I agree 100%!

But something tells me that's NOT at all what he meant.......

23-Feb-15
I never watch the awards show and didn't watch last night. They said on TV this morning that there was $600 million taken in by all the movies and American Sniper took in $300 million of that total. I guess the American people have shown what the best movie was.

I am not a big movie person until they come on late night TV. I have seen Silence of the Lambs a bunch of times and it is one of my all time favorites. The Bourne Affair is another I like.

23-Feb-15
I do not watch liberals award each other for being the most liberal.

On the other hand, reruns of 1962 episodes of Gunsmoke are good. So I watched those.

23-Feb-15
Sundowner; Amanda Blake, Miss Kitty, still looks great in those shows.

23-Feb-15
Yeah, but Quint was a centerfold.

:-)

23-Feb-15
Shuteye, Amanda was always a pretty lady.

Never cared for Quint! :-)

23-Feb-15
I haven't paid any attention to the Oscars for a few decades now, no less waste any time watching them.

I don't know who/what's been nominated/won and I damn sure don't care. I know what movies I like and that's all that concerns me!

23-Feb-15
I didn't watch the Oscars. There was a dogfight on ESPN that looked like a lot better entertainment. :)

23-Feb-15
What I found was that in most cases the movies that won awards were totally unknown to me. Not only had I not seen them, I had not even heard of them!

Guess I am not as well-read as I thought. Or maybe you just have to live in California or the North East....IDK.

Oh, yeah. I IDC also.

23-Feb-15
I stopped watching the Oscars years ago when all the awards started going to movies I hadn't even heard of, much less watched and enjoyed. There have been precious few really good movies that won Best Picture in the last 20 or so years.

There was no way - NO WAY - that American Sniper was going to win for best picture. Frankly, I'm surprised it won anything, considering the bunch that votes for those awards.

23-Feb-15
I saw JK Simmons speech today. I have to admit the end of it was great. "Call your parents and tell them you love them while you can. Not text, not an email, call".

23-Feb-15
DL, one guy sent a text to Fox News and said right after J. K. Simmons said to call you parents, he immediately phoned his dad. His dad was in the room watching the show with him.

23-Feb-15
Good one.

23-Feb-15
I watched the entire show , its called keeping an eye on your enemy . Most of Hollywood and everything related to it is very powerfull and anti hunting , anti conservative , and anti , well you can fill in the rest .

23-Feb-15
Act of Valor was on.....what award show?

23-Feb-15

sleepyhunter's embedded Photo
sleepyhunter's embedded Photo
I hope Al Sharpton watched. I switched the channel to the Oscar's and saw Neil Patrick Harris in his underwear talking to the audience. I was done after that. UFC Fight Night was much better to watch.

23-Feb-15
The good news was that Selma only got an Oscar for a song. I'm sure Sharpton says the results were racially motivated.

23-Feb-15
Yeah Kennedy snubbed her too.

23-Feb-15
I think you mean "stubbed"!!!

23-Feb-15
If you think about it the Oscars, emmys, or whatever awards show is really no different than the P&Y awards. In the end you they are honoring the product and those who made it, same as honoring the animal and the dude who shot it, right???

im not one of these guys who boycotts or whatever just because someone has different beliefs than I do. Pearl Jam was at one time one of the greatest bands alive. After the album 10 they could've written their contract however they wanted it and they would've gotten their own way- they are a bunch of lib turds. I like the liam neesen taken series of movies but we know from his anti gun rant where he sits on that issue. I can still like their products although I have very different beliefs than they do.

michael

24-Feb-15
It is when you are making your assumptions or decisions based on falsehoods, distorted facts or out & out lies.

• Sitka Gear