gflight 05-Mar-15
Anony Mouse 05-Mar-15
HA/KS 05-Mar-15
Anony Mouse 08-Mar-15
Anony Mouse 09-Mar-15
Anony Mouse 10-Mar-15
Anony Mouse 21-Mar-15
24-Feb-15
If the judge sticks to his guns on immigration Obama will not get the money anyhow. If it makes it to the Supreme Court I think we will win. No matter what if Homeland security shuts down the Republicans will get blamed and it will cost them dearly. However, I still think the Republicans should do what they said they would do before the election. I just seems like the Democrats are smarter, politically, than the Republicans. Drop the hammer on them and cut out the filibuster rule and go with 51 votes, send the bill to Obama and let him take the hit.

24-Feb-15
It sure does help ones story when you have the OPRESS™ running interference for you.

24-Feb-15
Republicans who want to stand for conservative positions will always be in a difficult position due to the predominantly leftist press and increasingly leftist population.

I bet not one American in 5 would give $100 to end executive amnesty regardless of what polls say.

24-Feb-15
HV,

"If they repeal Ocare, the millions that get dumped are gonna take it out on someone!"

They already vote for democrats. What are they gonna do, not vote republican.....again.

"If they shut down DHS, pray that nothing happens otherwise its going to attach itself to the GOP in 2016"

200,000 of 230,000 DHS employees will have to report to work even if funding is not approved. The other 30,000 are considered non essential. If they are non essential why are they there in the first place?

"The immigration fight is going to be messy and the Democratic political machine will make the GOP look like angry old white men, again getting millions upset enough to take it out on the GOP."

Again, they vote democrat anyhow.

"its going to get really interesting shortly!"

Careful Brad, your slip is showing.....

24-Feb-15
Bowbender,

I take it you recognize the song even without all the sheet music eh?

Any second now we'll here about a fat old doe that scampered nervously away......

25-Feb-15
I heard that phrase, "scampered away", on a utube video the other day, and right off thought of poof.

25-Feb-15
"a fat old doe that scampered nervously away......"

Yeah. Or a luxury houseboat moored at Hilton Head.

25-Feb-15
Hoytvector I would suggest the vast majority of Obama Care enrollees are all ready voting democrat. I don't think repealing it and providing millions with jobs that allow more than 30 hours a week will lose us votes.

25-Feb-15

tonyo6302's Link
HoytVector, AKA Richard Christy.

Involved with ROTC eh? Accuse others of stolen valor eh?

Care to re-register with your real name?

25-Feb-15
Hoyt Vectors are his faaaaavooorite. :-)

25-Feb-15
He sure is ugly! Of course, his friend Howard Stern is just as bad.

27-Feb-15
"If the judge sticks to his guns on immigration Obama will not get the money anyhow. If it makes it to the Supreme Court I think we will win. No matter what if Homeland security shuts down the Republicans will get blamed and it will cost them dearly. However, I still think the Republicans should do what they said they would do before the election. I just seems like the Democrats are smarter, politically, than the Republicans. Drop the hammer on them and cut out the filibuster rule and go with 51 votes, send the bill to Obama and let him take the hit."

You make a lot of sense there Lex, but it's disturbing to realize that per usual the whole thing hinges most likely on one federal judge and then the Supremes assuming they would take the case. Nothing in any of the founding documents suggests the founding fathers intended that kind of authority or power would rest with 5 men let alone one. Seems to me the whole point of our American experiment was that men should not "govern" other men in that way.

27-Feb-15
What the ?

Fund a department of homeland that feels up the citizens and opens the border to real terrorism....

Tell me how the parties are different again....

03-Mar-15
Where is that one poster and his cricket video?

03-Mar-15
shuteye x 2

03-Mar-15
Boehner folded. And 2/3 of the Republicans voted against him.

So, take a look at who voted for it, plus Boehner, and that's where the purging should start.

This is an opportunity.

03-Mar-15
No offense and I understand what you're saying.

It just gets a little tiresome to keep getting screwed and Republicans telling me it's an "O"pportunity.

Might I also inquire where this 2/3 super majority of Republicans were when they had an "O"pportunity to dump Boehner from his leadership position?

03-Mar-15
100% of the opposition was republican. Not one libertarian voted against it.

03-Mar-15
And not one libertarian voted to retain Boehner. So what? This is a progressive Republican problem.

03-Mar-15
You offer no solutions, only complaining. As such, I find it hard to take your comments seriously.

03-Mar-15
Just posing the question.

The solution is for Republicans to take advantage of the real opportunities they have to sack progressives from their leadership.

03-Mar-15
1. There are republicans who are elected and trying to do the right thing.

2. Libertarians and other minor party candidates are unable to get elected, so do not have the means to do anything to stop the leftists.

03-Mar-15
They maybe trying but continue to support progressives among their leadership. Doesn't that appear to be just a little stupid? Are you saying stupidity should be rewarded?

What do libertarians have to do with that?

03-Mar-15
It is becoming more and more apparent that it's quite possible that Republican leadership is providing cover for the majority of Republicans. Especially considering the votes of 2/3 of those Republicans are now merely symbolic.

03-Mar-15
just like libertarian politicians cover for their voters. they never get elected, so have no responsibility for anything.

03-Mar-15

Anony Mouse's Link
I'm falling into this line of thinking.

The eGOP is teaching me much. ;o(

03-Mar-15
I'm with you Anony Mouse. Republican is becoming synonymous with slow learner. Hard to admit when I'm a registered Republican.

Give them what they want and let it implode.

03-Mar-15

Anony Mouse's Link

03-Mar-15
Just gotta keep voting republican if we want things to get better, right guys? if all the opposition was republican, how do we support amnesty in a republican controlled house?

It's going to be fun watching some of you twist yourselves into pretzels this cycle. You keep supporting them, they'll keep making fools of you.

03-Mar-15
BREAKING NEWS:

Boehner and the eGOP are changing the party name to Republican't...

03-Mar-15

"just like libertarian politicians cover for their voters. they never get elected, so have no responsibility for anything."

I will try and remember just that. Libertarians bear no responsibility for what Republicrats have done.

03-Mar-15
The fact remains that the ONLY elected officials trying to save this nation are republicans. Spin all you want, but that is how it is.

04-Mar-15
Progressivism is the belief that elected officials are going to solve your problems.

That isn't spin, that is a fact.

Classical liberalism is the belief that people are capable of solving their own problems through smaller government.

I don't see Republicrats even attempting to solve the problem of the behemoth government Leviathan.

I only see them blaming each other for doing the same thing. Increasing the size of government.

Edit: Look HA, all I am trying to explain to you is you cannot lay the blame on/at the doorstep of a party with absolutely no power when the facts are we have been brought to our current precipice by the 2 parties that have been in power. This isn't complicated.

Your only using the Libertarian argument to satisfy your belief that Republicans don't share a large part of the responsibility.

04-Mar-15
If Republicans bring us back from decline of our nation we have experienced in our lifetimes, I will apologize and admit I was wrong. I just don't see it.

Getting lifetime politicians out of public office and sending chimps in their place might actually make an improvement.

I am going to start advocating for a 2 year service of property owning taxpayers to serve in DC. Much like jury service. That is a better solution than chimps because while chimps will do no more harm, taxpaying property owners can make the necessary improvements beginning with getting rid of career politicians.

04-Mar-15
"The fact remains that the ONLY elected officials trying to save this nation are republicans."

ROTFLAMO....

Honestly? Trying to save the nation? We sure have different views of government. Progressivism is a disease from my view.

04-Mar-15
gflight, name one elected politician at the national level who is not a republican and is voting for the right things. You can't because they do not exist. I have never defended the republican party here, but the only politicians working for the good of the nation are republicans.

04-Mar-15

04-Mar-15
Why reward stupidity even if you don't defend it.

If Republicans were SERIOUS about stopping illegal immigration amnesty via defunding DHS, then they are stupid. This echos what Ted Cruz has stated.

It would be much more practical and smart had they focused on the IRS, EPA, Labor Department or any other department rather than DHS. Republicans appear afraid to defund DHS due to the perceived threat of terrorism and backlash it would create.

I haven't checked the timeframes, but it would be less politically risky had they tied executive amnesty to temporarily defunding a department like IRS, EPA, etc., to gain even more broad support than just 2/3 support of the party.

So in the meantime, Boner protects a majority of Republican votes from criticism knowing they can cast politically safe votes in a symbolic way.

He gets a bonus as he gives the appearance that he is ignoring the Hastert rule, allowing a vote on a major bill opposed by most of his caucus.

So, what am I missing? This is just all coincidence? Sounds like the EGOP leadership and the "conservative" 2/3 are playing "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."

I must agree with AM, the Republicans are teaching me many lessons.

04-Mar-15
The only way this makes sense. I could be getting ahead of myself.

If the Republican plan is to allow as much damage as possible before the next election cycle in hopes it will draw ALL third party voters, independents, a good number of Democrats and illegal immigrants to vote Republican.

Seems like an extremely unlikely strategy. If that's it, guess it's best to just hunker down and accept all that is going down over the next 21 months. So what is the strategy? Then what? What lessons are Republicans trying to teach me?

04-Mar-15
guys, you have no place to stand on this. Get your guys elected and making changes then we will talk. I DO NOT defend the 1/3 of house republicans who voted for amnesty. Why do you denigrate the 2/3 who voted against it?

Like I said, your guy didn't even vote on this. Mine voted against it.

Are you also dissing Ron Paul for all of the votes that he failed to get to go his way? Logically you are.

04-Mar-15

HA/KS's Link
Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky says states should reject Obama's proposed requirements for power plants to reduce carbon dioxide, the chief greenhouse gas. The rule, expected to be final this summer, would require states to submit plans as soon as 2016, or risk being forced to comply with a federal substitute.

"Refusing to go along at this time with such an extreme proposed regulation would give the courts time to figure out if it is even legal, and it would give Congress more time to fight back. We're devising strategies now to do just that," McConnell writes.

04-Mar-15
"gflight, name one elected politician at the national level who is not a republican and is voting for the right things. You can't because they do not exist."

Henry Roberto Cuellar D Tx

While many of the more conservative blue dog dems no longer hold their seats a few are still around....

04-Mar-15

04-Mar-15
"Henry Roberto Cuellar" Right-to-Life rates him only 20 percent acceptable and the American Conservative Union, 12 percent. He voted FOR obamacare AND Cap and Trade.

Your kind of guy, gflight? Now we know

05-Mar-15
No HA, my perception is he is your kind of guy. Mostly progressive but votes right to life and religious rights.

Am I wrong? If I am what is your definition of "is voting for the right things" as you stated in your question? You said one guy and I gave one....

Yep Spike totally agree Walker is my guy.

05-Mar-15

HA/KS's Link
gflight, that is a deliberate lie about my positions. YOU are the one who said you support someone who is 80% leftist. here is a link to my representative. I cannot tell you that I have never disagreed with one of his votes. Probably somewhere he has - I don't know.

"Even after last year’s debt-ceiling deal and numerous GOP-backed stopgap funding measures, Huelskamp maintained that, “there’s not been a cut in this town for literally decades.”"

"n Newtown, Conn. Huelskamp announced that the tragedy has not changed his position on new gun control measures, which he opposes.

“It’s not a gun problem; it’s a people problem,” he said."

05-Mar-15
"gflight, that is a deliberate lie about my positions."

I said it was my perception and asked if I was wrong.

Not a lie...

05-Mar-15
05-Mar-15
Me "name one elected politician at the national level who is not a republican and is voting for the right things. ..."

gflight "Henry Roberto Cuellar D Tx"

Me "He voted FOR obamacare AND Cap and Trade. Your kind of guy, gflight? Now we know"

You "my perception is he is your kind of guy"

How is that not a deliberate lie about who I support? You are the one who said he (edited he refers to rep Cuellar) supports what is good for America.

08-Mar-15
Proof of evolution: the spineless elephant. Fear of the media to do anything to stop the obamunistic deconstruction of our country.

The sole Constitutional weapon that the Republican(t)s have in dealing with Obama and the New Communist Party is the power of the purse. And ceding that, the fundamental change promised (and now seen) will go unchecked.

Down the tubes with the...choke...gasp...Republican(t) Party!

Mitch McConnell: I Will Side With The Democrats And Not Let The Government Shut Down…

That isn’t what Mitch was saying when he was running for reelection.

Via Washington Examiner

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday he has no interest in another government shutdown.

During an appearance on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” the Kentucky Republican reiterated a point he has made many times since voters gave Republicans control of the Senate: Despite his differences with President Obama, McConnell does not wish to see small parts of the government shut down over a debt ceiling fight.

“I made it very clear after the November election that we’re certainly not going to shut down the government or default on the national debt,” McConnell said Sunday on CBS.

McConnell was referring to an episode in 2013 when an impasse over heaping more debt on American taxpayers led the government to furlough a small percentage of non-essential employees. According to opinion polls at the time, most respondents blamed the GOP for the “shutdown,” and though Republicans went on to make historic gains in the 2014 midterm elections, party leaders remain extremely wary of confrontation with the president and the Democratic minorities in the House and Senate.

The specter of a shutdown is looming again because next week will see the end of a temporary agreement under which the so-called debt ceiling, a cap on how much debt the federal government can assume, will end. Federal debt — the sum of public debt plus “intra-government” IOUs — topped $18 trillion in December.

Republicans have said in the past that they want concessions from Democrats in return for agreeing to raise the debt ceiling. The Obama administration has previously shot down this notion.

09-Mar-15
“Come January, we’ll have a Republican House and Republican Senate, and we’ll be in a stronger position to take actions. [It is], “the most practical way to fight the president’s action.” –Speaker of the House John Boehner in December.

“If President Obama acts in defiance of the people and imposes his will on the country, Congress will act. We’re considering a variety of options. But make no mistake — make no mistake — when the newly elected representatives of the people take their seats, they will act.” –Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in November.

10-Mar-15
The Parties of Crony Capitalism and Corruption

The Parties of Crony Capitalism and Corruption By Lawrence Sellin

Prior to the 2014 mid-term elections, Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee claimed it's "un-American" for Barack Obama to consider implementing an executive amnesty for millions of illegal aliens across the country.

Priebus said: "We will do everything we can to make sure it doesn't happen: Defunding, going to court, injunction. You name it. It's wrong. It's illegal. And for so many reasons, and just the basic fabric of this country, we can't allow it to happen and we won't let it happen. I don't know how to be any stronger than that. I'm telling you, everything we can do to stop it we will."

Given what has transpired since the election, how eagerly the Republican leadership capitulated, if not enthusiastically facilitated the funding and implementation of Obama's "illegal" executive amnesty; one can easily conclude that Priebus must have known what he was saying was not true or he was completely out of touch with the plans of the Republican Congressional leadership.

I think he was lying to get votes.

(more at link)

21-Mar-15
From Moonbattery:

John Boehner Again — Emotional, Sensitive, Drunk, Crying Melody

What we can learn from the assistant Democrat Speaker of the House other than to never vote for RINOs is that if you are going to get all choked up, don’t do it on camera — unless you want people to laugh at you:

• Sitka Gear