itshot 29-Mar-15
itshot 29-Mar-15
Iktomi 29-Mar-15
Ghostinthemachine 30-Mar-15
Anony Mouse 31-Mar-15
Shuteye 31-Mar-15
24-Mar-15

Woods Walker's Link
It's not known yet as they are just investigaing, but can you say...."MOOSE-LIMS"!!??

They'd for sure be at the top of my list.

24-Mar-15
Sounds to me like the pilots 'auto-piloted' it right into the side of a mountain.

24-Mar-15
WW. Why are Muslims at the top of your list. There was no mention of them in the article

24-Mar-15
So sad!!! It sounds like the mountain was closer and higher than they thought.

Prayers for the families.

24-Mar-15
Pilot error, mechanical failure, weather or intentionally caused. if it was intentional, anyone who's been around a while or has access to the internet knows that putting Buddhists or Mormons at the top of the list probably doesn't make sense. Islam and terror acts involving airliners are like peas and carrots. So far no news on what the cause was from what I have seen.

24-Mar-15
I think Mormons glunt at this point. Seems the most logical. Or Danes.

24-Mar-15
Amish

Not funny, a goddamn shame, really

24-Mar-15
Seems like a lot of Airbus crashes lately. I'm wondering if there is something inherently problematic with their systems.

24-Mar-15
Itshot it is really tragic. But to put blame where blame is not yet due is ..... Does not matter, bowsite Par for the course

24-Mar-15
Flying to France on Sunday. Hopefully, they have that bug figured out by then.

I flew into Detroit in the late '80s or early '90s and got to see the burnt out shell of a plane still sitting on an adjacent runway.

24-Mar-15
No one knows who or what's to blame yet.

But for the sake of argument, if it's a "who", then Muslims would be at the top of my list, and for obvious reasons.

24-Mar-15
My understanding is a steady decent (over 8 minutes?) from cruising altitude, a controlled decent, apparently no distress calls. That is the strange thing, if mechanical issues a distress call is SOP.

Eerily similar to the Malaysian jet a while back, without the mountain.

They have the black box this time. Cockpit recording, etc. My understanding is much of the equipment cannot be manually turned off anymore, as was speculated in the Malaysian incident.

24-Mar-15
Loss of cabin pressure? Terrible for sure...

25-Mar-15
No idea if this is part of the puzzle. but Airbus planes lean more towards the plane being in control when an issue arises and Boeing still relies on the pilot having more control.

Maybe something happened that prompted a fail-safe system to go wrong and the pilots spent the 8 or so minutes of decent trying to regain control or disable something automated. Its strange that even if they had an issue that they knew meant the plane couldn't sustain flight, they didn't navigate to a safer terrain away from the mountains with the 90 miles of glide distance they should have had from 38k. Makes me think they didn't have control of the planes surfaces.

25-Mar-15
Interesting thing - CNN airline experts were saying that the descent started right when the pilot reached cruising altitude and would have signaled its OK to remove seatbelts so passengers could freely move about.

Passengers start moving, and the plane begins a steep descent without any more communication. Fishy...

25-Mar-15
The question to ask yourself is:

1) If it was found that Muslims caused the crash, would you be surprised?

2) If it was found that Mormons caused the crash, would you be surprised?

25-Mar-15
The Airbus experts are saying a controlled descent like that is autopilot initiated. They explained, the problem with AB autopilot is it doesn't account for terrain features- mtns taller than its programmed descent altitude. No call for help...all very strange. Experts say it points to crew being incapacitated.....

If it was crashed by terrorist why hasn't someone taken credit?

25-Mar-15
I find it hard to believe no one has taken credit anyways. These guys try and claim credit for stuff like this when they didn't even do it.

25-Mar-15
the Mormons killed my grandparents...

25-Mar-15
LOL SA !!!

Here is a unique approach. Maybe we could wait for some facts to come in. Could be Terrorist attack or could be some other reason?

25-Mar-15
"Maybe we could wait for some facts to come in."

Without question! But....if it IS terrorism, then my bet is on....MOOS-LIMS!!!

25-Mar-15
If not Mormons I am going with Muslim too. If it is A terror attack

25-Mar-15
Nothing wrong with speculation.... as long as you are clear it's speculation. Thinking/guessing out loud. I see no one declaring any conclusions.

WRT independent "cells" such as the Ft Hood workplace violence I don't recall an org taking credit. I don't recall offhand an org taking credit for Boston, could have, but I don't recall it.

More and more of this is not centrally planned, but independent actions taken. Maybe why bureaucrats are behind the curve on islamic violence. Independent actions don't compute....

Thinking out loud again.... maybe I should wait for someone to tell me what to think about it.....

25-Mar-15
Is it odd that the pilots names aren't released yet?

25-Mar-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
That thing is spread over a large area. This is just part of it.

25-Mar-15
it was going just over 400 knots when it hit the mountain.....

25-Mar-15
The even spread of that wreckage says mid air explosion. Any way you go about it. That is not your typical impact. God bless, Steve

25-Mar-15
They are now saying one of the pilots left the cockpit to use the restroom and couldn't get back in the cockpit. The one out of the cockpit could be heard lightly tapping on the door and then trying to smash his way it with not luck. When a pilot leaves the cockpit a crew member is supposed to go in. If that happened, why didn't the other crew member let the second pilot back in. It gets stranger and stranger.

25-Mar-15
Aviate, navigate, communicate...appears like they could not do any of these primary functions so critical in these scenarios. They had big problems, all of a sudden. imo Such a tragedy

25-Mar-15
No, that doesn't look like a mid air explosion at all. If it blew up at 38,000 ft., wreckage would be scattered over MILES. This was a high speed impact.

25-Mar-15
Who is saying that shuteye

25-Mar-15
RK: all over the news now: Breitbart, Drudge, Fox, numerous blogs.

Voice recordings seem to indicate that one of the pilots was deliberately locked out of the flight deck. I'm sure that we will hear a lot about the backgrounds of the pilots in the next couple of days: "Aloha Snackbar" event, suicide by plane crash or ????

25-Mar-15
That is interesting. ..a rogue pilot with evil intent was a focus a number of years ago I recall...drove the plane straight in. I don't recall specifics ...

25-Mar-15
Not much for larger pieces left. Looks suspicious to me.

25-Mar-15
Anony Mouse

Been gearing up to go off shore tomorrow. Have not been watching the news. Are they saying Mormon or Muslim connections ??

25-Mar-15
None yet...but bringing down planes/suicide enthusiasts have a high correlation with Islamists.

25-Mar-15

'Ike''s Link
Wow, huge...Sixby, there was 'no' mid air explosion!

One of the pilots on the German plane that crashed in the French Alps, killing all 150 people onboard, left the cockpit and was unable to return before the plane went down, the New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing evidence from a cockpit voice recorder.

"The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door and there is no answer," an unnamed investigator told the Times. "And then he hits the door stronger and no answer."

"There is never an answer. You can hear he is trying to smash the door down," the investigator added.

25-Mar-15
Rick who said that mid air meant 38000 ft? I was thinking like 2 or three thousand from the looks of it. Perhaps less. Anyway there does not seem to be any point of impact , HMMMMMM.

God bless, Steve

25-Mar-15
"Anyway there does not seem to be any point of impact "

Really? It looks like a big damn hole to me where the smoke is coming out of.,

25-Mar-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I've been trying to find a picture that shows the point of impact. Not sure if the dark spot on the ridge in the center is it or not?

26-Mar-15
IMO the Malaysian flight had earmarks of a pilot or some kind of mutiny taking over the plane.

IMO the only real debate is where it may have crashed (or stashed, I do not trust the agencies reporting, not ours, certainly not theirs.)

26-Mar-15
The copilot crashed the plane deliberately. He kept the door locked while the pilot tried to get back into the cockpit. Now we know what happened.

26-Mar-15
Heard that this AM as well Shuteye.....voice recordings of the pilot trying to get back into the cockpit and trying to break the door down while copilot descended. Crazy.

26-Mar-15
Was the co-pilot a Muslim convert?

26-Mar-15
Nope, Mormon.:-)

26-Mar-15
Sixby, it hit the ground at high speed. An inflight breakup from bomb or other cause would leave much larger pieces of debris and more intact bodies. Once the plane comes apart, the pieces slow down considerably and impact the ground at relatively low speed. This plane hit at 400+ knots, 450 MPH or so.

26-Mar-15
The co-pilot's name has been given as "Andreas Lubitz, a 28-year-old German."

Sounds like a pretty ordinary German name, FWIIW.

26-Mar-15
I dunno....I still smell "moos-lim" in there somehow.

Don't forget that the shoe bomber was Richard Reid.

26-Mar-15
Muslims aren't the only people capable of evil acts. Suicidal/homicidal whack jobs can come in any flavor.

26-Mar-15
I hadn't read that they had identified which voice was which. However it seems that they were able to and it has been reported that:

"...Lubitz can be heard calmly breathing on the black box recording as Flight 9525 descended and crashed into the French Alps — while the pilot pounded on the door and passengers screamed..."

So this was deliberate and a suicide.

Now, they "why".

26-Mar-15
About an hour ago (11:00AMish):

Summary

Here are the key developments in the aftermath of the Germanwings crash.

• The co-pilot forced the plane into the descent that led to the disaster, the Marseille public prosecutor said, after locking out the captain from the cockpit. “It was a voluntary action,” said the prosecutor, Brice Robin. The intention was “to destroy the aircraft”.

• The captain, who had left the cockpit briefly, appears to have punched in an emergency number into the cockpit door to gain re-entry, but the co-pilot deployed a five-minute override.

• Unlike in the US, European regulations do not provide for two people to be in the cockpit at all times. Lufthansa does not voluntarily implement such a protocol, and the company said that it was not aware of any of its competitors that have such a procedure.

• The co-pilot was named as 28-year-old Andreas Lubitz, who had been flying for Germanwings since September 2013 after being trained with Lufthansa at its facility in Bremen and in the US. He had clocked up a total of 630 hours in the air.

• Lufthansa revealed that Lubitz’s training in 2009 had been briefly interrupted, but was resumed after “his suitability as a candidate was re-established”. Asked about the reason for the interruption, the CEO, Carsten Spohr, said he was not allowed to say.

Spohr said the company was in complete shock. It was “beyond our worst nightmare”, he said. “It leaves us absolutely speechless. I wouldn’t not have been able to imagine that the situation would have got even worse.

26-Mar-15
"Lufthansa revealed that Lubitz’s training in 2009 had been briefly interrupted, but was resumed after “his suitability as a candidate was re-established”. Asked about the reason for the interruption, the CEO, Carsten Spohr, said he was not allowed to say."

Needed time off to attend al Qaeda training camp?

26-Mar-15
Those poor people.

26-Mar-15
maybe he was just a mad man and not a terrorist...there have been many recorded instances of pilots flying fully loaded airplanes into the ground for non terror reasons.

26-Mar-15
This is beyond tragic, again.

26-Mar-15
Definitively, the fellow was not merely suicidal. So, at the minimum, the carnage exceeds the standard of "suicide." He was specifically and egregiously homicidal. In the 1st degree. Now, the "Why?"

26-Mar-15
Bingo. Crashing your own plane into the ground is one thing. Bringing 150 others with you is quite another. And yes, it reeks of terrorism. The authorities are searching his apartment as we speak. I would not fall over in a faint if they find Islamic material there.

26-Mar-15
Naaaa... just simple workplace violence....

Maybe this will finally show the need for tighter regulations on semi-automatic planes that hold more than 10 people..... (sarcasm)

My prayers go out to the families. Tragic. And senseless.

26-Mar-15
Terrorism is still involved, if the terrorists had not required us to put on those vault-like doors the pilot could have saved this. AND if all pilots carried 45s the 911 thing would never have happened.

26-Mar-15
keepem scores a couple of points.

26-Mar-15
keepem sounds like Ron Paul who aptly stated, "The 2nd Amendment is our Homeland Security Act."

It is a marrow-deep travesty that we had and have the means to completely avoid such terrorism and the central government strips such measures from the people. If pilots were able to carry on 9/11, we would have saved THOUSANDS of lives and TRILLIONS of dollars. There is no more clearly illustrated failure of policy than that.

26-Mar-15
In this case.... a pilot himself was the danger, not sure arming him would have prevented this. Easy enough to shoot the pilot in the back and take over all the same. Or have doubts the pilot would have been carrying when he went to use the bathroom or whatever he was doing.

If the pilots themselves are the danger.... not sure there is a lot one can do. Although the US regulations of always having two people in the cockpit is looking to be a good measure, better yet in hindsight. I'm sure there was some pushback against that, calling it overkill and unnecessary at the time....

I still have a feeling the Malaysian flight had something similar happen.

26-Mar-15
Need an overide-overide function ...with proper steps in place, eg two flight attendants verfy, confirm and engage, radio signal from ground contrll command, etc...ie, not able to be thwarted from an evil-doer in the cockpit. This is so tragic it's sickening. Imagine the captain's horror trying to get in and watching the landscape getting closer...

26-Mar-15
TD, in this case, an armed pilot would have , at least, may have made a difference - as slight of a chance as that may have been. It certainly could not have hurt. Your point remains though. If a pilot is hell bent on wrecking his craft, he will.

26-Mar-15
I predict that in the not too distant future, pilots will be present in the cockpit only for backup and flights will be controlled as are drones...from a secure center where operator-pilots can be easily monitored and protected.

Drone technology has become proven.

27-Mar-15
On tablet, so hard to link. Check out IOTWReport. Muzzies claiming Lubitz as a convert and other info.

The link to this being a terror act in the name of Mo is strong with this one.

27-Mar-15
"AND if all pilots carried 45s the 911 thing would never have happened."

Prelim information is saying they are finding this guy had some serious mental issues. If true, a 45 carried by Lubitz wouldn't have changed this outcome.

"I predict that in the not too distant future, pilots will be present in the cockpit only for backup and flights will be controlled as are drones...from a secure center where operator-pilots can be easily monitored and protected."

Maybe, but we still have the hole of a bad drone operator (who could down a lot more than one plane at a time). I attended a security conference in Jan. We had a talk by a researcher who was able to hack into a car (from a remote location) and completely control it - he could set off the airbag, the cruise control, ABS brakes and shut off the car. They haven't fixed this hole in automobiles and probably have the same issues in planes.

You will never be able to completely eliminate the damage that a lone attacker can do if they are willing to die.

27-Mar-15

joshuaf's Link
Per Mouse's comments, here are a few interesting links, one claiming the co-pilot was a Muslim convert, and the other showing a screen grab of a Facebook page, since taken down, praising him for being a holy martyr and dying for "our prophet".

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/breaking-german-news-germanwings-airbus-co-pilot-was-muslim-convert/?PageSpeed=noscript

http://pamelageller.com/2015/03/germanwings-co-pilot-andreas-lubitz-praised-on-facebook-our-holy-martyr-lubitz-died-for-our-prophet.html/

27-Mar-15
Muslim convert. Nothing to see. Move along....

27-Mar-15
Yeah definitely appears there were some warning signs with this guy. His postponed training, etc....

Only the pilot should have a gun, not the Co-Pilot. Then you've narrowed it down as much as you possibly can short of drone type control.

27-Mar-15
Color me skeptical. Just because some random A-hole posts something on someone's facebook page that wasn't even owned by the pilot in question is only evidence for....some random A-hole posting on facebook.

27-Mar-15
"Only the pilot should have a gun, not the Co-Pilot"

...but what if the pilot is the one that goes crazy?

27-Mar-15
Rhody nailed it IMO.

27-Mar-15
It appears that he's correct. So this guy was not a Muslim Lunatic, just a lunatic.

So I was half right!

But I don't think any of this matters to the unfortunate souls that were on that plane.

29-Mar-15
"It's official. The guy was being treated by psychs and a neurosurgeon."

so he was just a typical liberal lunatic, go figure

29-Mar-15
looks like a perfect time to ban the Airbus A320 (and anything that resembles or functions like them)

29-Mar-15
A "liberal" lunatic? The guy was a whack job, and they come in all sorts of political flavors.

30-Mar-15
Almost every mass murderer in the last 50 years was on anti-depressants.

Tom Cruise was absolutely right baby.

31-Mar-15
Conservative Treehouse reports that a SIM card recovered from the crash shows what was occurring in the plane's cabin:

Germany’s Bild News is reporting a cell phone “SIM card” (Micro SD, Memory card) has been recovered from the wreckage of Germanwings flight 9525. According to reporting by the German media outlet there is video on the SIM card showing what was taking place in the cabin prior to, and up to the moment of, the crash.

Bild is reporting the video appears to be taken from the rear of the passenger compartment, possibly by a cell phone, and shows absolute panic as the passengers on board were aware of the crisis. Passengers are reported to be crying out to God in numerous languages and shouting throughout the video.

There are three distinct sounds which accompany the video – appearing to be attempts by the pilot and others to break down the cockpit door. Massive panic and confusion is visible amid the passengers, then the sound of metal scraping – then the video stops.

31-Mar-15
They have recovered a cell phone that had video of the actual crash. People screaming and the plane actually hitting it's right wing on a mountain and then the crash.

• Sitka Gear