Shuteye 30-Mar-15
DL 30-Mar-15
memengako 30-Mar-15
Pat C. 30-Mar-15
tonyo6302 30-Mar-15
SB 31-Mar-15
The Old Sarge 01-Apr-15
29-Mar-15
Just bought a 5:11 tactical belt on Ebay for 6.50 with free shipping. It came from China, now here in the states that same belt cost 25.99 to 35.99. How can this be? How is it they can sell it that much cheaper than we can? It's the same belt tags and all. Can someone explain ?

29-Mar-15
Come on someone explain this to me!

29-Mar-15
Trublu. Stop that nonsense If you tighten it to much the you become like.......uh. Spike

I would not wish that on anybody

29-Mar-15
I understand what your saying. What I can't understand is how do you drink Scotch? I really wanted to find some good Scotch while we were in Scotland But it wasn't any better there than it was here.

29-Mar-15
Your China belt could also very well be a counterfeit...there are a lot of fake products made in China and sold under false pretenses.

29-Mar-15
TB. Got it

29-Mar-15

Pat C.'s Link
Paul I really tried we went The Glenfiddich distillery, it is an acquired taste. We tried 12 year old 15 year old and the 18 year old, the older it got the worse it tasted. But it was still cool to see it made. Oh and they really have a cool logo.

29-Mar-15
They had a bottle of 50 year old they wanted 4500.00 pounds. At that time a pound was worth a buck and a half. That would have 6750.00 dollars.

29-Mar-15
Pat...

One of the best parts of my graduate education was at the home of my major professor. He traveled to Great Britain on a very regular basis and always brought home a couple of bottles of single malt Scotches. He probably had almost a hundred different bottles.

Anyhow, he used to have us over for tastings and I learned a lot about the wide differences in singles. The different areas provide such a wide variety in flavors.

I rather like 18 year old Glenfiddich. Our builder gave me a bottle when we moved into our new house, post fire. I guess each is to his own.

Back on topic: read the label very carefully. Often that is the only way (other than wear/quality)to determine if it is a counterfeit.

jack

30-Mar-15
What makes it tactical?....The fact that it's black? I'm sick of all this tactical crap ! If you are not in the military it's all just a bunch of wannabe accessories. Posers if you will.

30-Mar-15
Plus that. I'm sick of that word. Look in Midway's catalog. They sell tactical pens.

30-Mar-15
Because I like OD green web style belt Im a poser if you will. No I won't I did my time. And I wear their BDU Ripstop pants because their comfortable. So what the problem? Poser My ASS

30-Mar-15
Paul I know I was only messin with you to. They did say they sell one every six months to a couple of older follows that like it. That's a whole lot of Busch Light!

30-Mar-15

tonyo6302's embedded Photo
tonyo6302's embedded Photo
Pat C, trublu is correct, it is a labor and overhead issue. When you only have to pay labor 2 cents an hour, you can drop your prices on your goods.

SB,

I am neither Tactical, nor a Poser.

I am a cheap b@$tard.

I purchased this Jansport Pack at Anarundel Mills Mall MD, Bass Pro Shop, back in 2000. The camo model was 50 dollars more.

The Deer don't seem to mind that I did not buy the Real Tree camo pattern. Hope you don't either.

:^)

30-Mar-15
I bought a Benchmade knife from a Chinese company very recently.

If bought here it runs about $400, but from this Chinese company it cost $50 (shipped). I knew it was a fake, but for $50 I wanted to see what it felt like.

The thing is it is a very functional OTF auto knife. It looks like the BM, feels similar. Fit and finish aren't as good. And, I know they aren't using the same grade of steel.

But it works. And since the only place I can carry a knife like this is in my office. It makes a very workable letter opener.

I would have paid $50 for this knife if it didn't wear the BM logo. It does bother me that they can copy the logo, box, even the warranty card is marked to send to Oregon if you have problems. That part is wrong.

30-Mar-15
Speaking of Scotch, I once opened a bottle and the odor reminded me of a dentist office so I stuck with Jack Daniels.

30-Mar-15
Some one gave my wife some Moonshine. They said it was very smooth. I tried it. I guess compared to Acetone or Lacquer Thinner it might be. I've never tasted any of it that was " smooth".

30-Mar-15
I love single malt Irish whiskey. Tyr Connell is better than Jameson.

30-Mar-15
Tony: Paul and I and the deer were drinking some of that $6750.00 a bottle of Scotch and the deer came clean. He is really pissed that you didn't at least get the camo pattern. Something about a little respect, I don't know he was singing when we left.

30-Mar-15
LOL , Pat!

Glenfiddich 15 is almost as good as Glenfiddich 18, and half the cost.

Beware of any Scotch Bottles labeled "Made in China".

31-Mar-15
Guys ... If you are/were military...and the gear isn 't black ...then you're cool! I think you know the types I was referring to! Hell...I was in Gander a couple weeks ago and they had "tactical" fishing rods and reels! What? Are we now at war with the fish? On the subject of Scotch...I was a Chevis Regal drinker..(Don't even remember if that's the correct spelling)... But I never mastered the social drinker thing...I gave it all up 24 yrs. ago.

01-Apr-15
Pat C., have you ever heard of drop shipping?

• Sitka Gear