Coyote 65 31-Mar-15
Owl 31-Mar-15
sureshot 31-Mar-15
LINK 31-Mar-15
DL 31-Mar-15
Owl 31-Mar-15
Beendare 31-Mar-15
30-Mar-15
Always be sure to engage your brain before your mouth.

(NEWSER) – Things haven't gone too well for the former CFO who criticized Chick-fil-A in a video he posted on YouTube. Unable to find lasting work, 37-year-old Adam Smith is living on food stamps with his wife and four kids in the RV they call home, he tells ABC News. "I think people are scared," Smith says of potential employers. "I think people are scared that it could happen again." Back in the summer of 2012, as thousands of people were opposing Chick-fil-A's stance on gay marriage, Smith rolled into a Chick-fil-A drive-thru for a free glass of water and slammed the female attendant: "Chick-fil-A is a hateful corporation," Smith told her as the filmed the exchange. "I don’t know how you live with yourself and work here. I don’t understand it." Smith posted the video before returning to work at Vante, a Tucson-based medical manufacturer—and the proverbial you-know-what had hit the fan by the time he got there.

story continues below

The receptionist told him "the voicemail is completely full, and it’s full of bomb threats," he says. Fired that day, Smith lost his $200,000 salary and more than $1 million in stock options. He and his family moved to Portland, where he got a CFO job, but lost it two weeks later when they realized who he was. He says he has since been honest in interviews, but companies have been too wary of fallout to hire him. "I don’t regret the stand I took, but I regret… the way I talked to her," an emotional Smith says of the worker. The interview coincides with his recent digital release of a memoir, A Million Dollar Cup of Water (a paperback version is out April 21), which chronicles his professional collapse and years of soul-searching. It's not faring so well on Amazon, which Smith addressed on the site on Friday. "Regarding the many 1-star ratings my book has received today and yesterday, I would like to note that I have only sold 17 digital copies thus far, yet there are 23 1-star ratings on my book. This fascinates me! LOL!"

31-Mar-15
DL,

Maybe he has the same life coach as the Dixie Chicks.

31-Mar-15
There's an opening at our local Chick-Fil-A for an order taker.

If he needs a job perhaps someone can let him know.

31-Mar-15
Just another bully. As far as the number of reviews on his books, guessing that some of the people that voted for Obama several times reviewed his book.

Terry

31-Mar-15
1 star ratings are bad Coyote65. :)

Cautionary tales are big on the speaking tour. Just an idea. The fellow more than paid his price. Time to move along. Though, I am more upset the guy has been on food stamps so long. If you are too toxic for the white collar world, suck it up and do something else.

31-Mar-15
At least he got the attention he was craving. It's a shame that his family is still paying the price for his ignorance though.

31-Mar-15
If I was in the Truitt Cathy family I would reach out to him an offer him a job cleaning toilets. I haven't seen any numbers but if I were to guess I'd say that whole chick-fil-A debacle has increased their patronage. I live three hours from the nearest one and had never been, now I don't pass one up! Some love their food, I just love a business that stands up for traditional family values and is unapologetic about it.

31-Mar-15
My son owns one and he said sales tripled on August 1st that was the day that customers ha a CFA appreciation day. I went to ours and there were people in line that were there because of what people like Raum Emanuel said and other state governments. There are four CFAs here and the only one that got any protesters was the one that the operator belings to the LBGT chamber of Commerce. I would be concerned that guy would go postal

31-Mar-15
"Cow Appreciation Day" is observed more fervently than Halloween in my family. And, by that, I mean my wife's extended family. My wife's people are a tribe. They "stampede" CFA on "CAD."

CFA is the benchmark for fast food restaurants and marketing.

31-Mar-15
So he used Liberal debate rule #1; ....and it cost him!

Yes! Score one for the good guys...though I feel bad for his family.

• Sitka Gear