LINK 01-Apr-15
Thumper 01-Apr-15
Pat C. 01-Apr-15
one-eye 01-Apr-15
NvaGvUp 01-Apr-15
NvaGvUp 01-Apr-15
Pat C. 01-Apr-15
31-Mar-15
And he seemed proud of it... Us rubes just can't keep up with these, er, *sophisticates*...

Tall tree, new rope..

31-Mar-15
A lying Democrat? That's about as unusual as a dark night.

They are disgusting...all of them.

31-Mar-15
The full story, as I posted on another thread earlier today:

'Harry Reid is a prime example of this. In an interview on CNN yesterday with Dana Bash, he was asked why he lied on the floor of the Senate about Mitt Romney not having paid taxes for ten years:

"Bash: 'So no regrets about Mitt Romney, about the Koch Brothers. Some people have even called it McCarthyite.'

REID: Well… [shrug] … they can call it whatever they want. Um … Romney didn’t win, did he?"

In other words, he lied, he admitted he lied, he smeared an honorable man, and that's all just hunky-dory, because it worked.

These people are beyond despicable!'

31-Mar-15
"These people are beyond despicable!'"

Of course they are, they're DEMOCRATS! That's what they do, regularly and consistantly...Reid, Obama, Clinton(s), heshit....

They HAVE to, because lying is the only way they can advance their agenda. If they told the truth they'd never stand a chance.

31-Mar-15
I hope that he falls down a bunch of steps and ends his miserable life.

01-Apr-15
Of course when he said it I knew it for what it was. I just never expected him to admit it so openly, so brazenly... Perhaps who ever worked him over will pay another visit. Soon one hopes.

01-Apr-15
On the other hand, I would love to have five minutes alone with my fellow "Marine", Dick Durban.

;^)

We would have quite the discussion.

( yeah, I know he wasn't a Marine, but have never forgotten the lies and the lives of those Marines he tried to destroy )

01-Apr-15
Durbin is on of my senators, and has lied to me on numerous occasions in responses to letters that I've sent him. I despise the ground he walks on and the air he breathes.

01-Apr-15
progressives believe in "the ends justify the means" which, properly framed, means they practice taqiyya just like radical islamists.

01-Apr-15
That he did is a fact and certainly no surprise to anyone paying attention.... or those paid to deflect attention who in the media were willing and knowing accomplices.... I hope it haunts them all to their graves.

That he admitted it is certainly a bit of a surprise. Only proves he's been around so long and lies so much he can no longer keep track of them.....

01-Apr-15
The time will eventually come, Harry Reid will ultimately be judged in the same manner Durbin and Obama will be judged. Everyone eventually answers for their misdeeds and I have a feeling those that are proud of their misdeeds will be dealt with accordingly.

01-Apr-15
Oh well PZ, "they all do it" doesn't work for me.

First, I don't believe "they all do it." I expect politicians like anyone else to at least get the big stuff right. The day the citizens all believe "they all do it" we are sunk as a nation.

Second, read with comprehension next time. I did not express surprise that Reid lied. I knew it was a lie as soon as he said it. I knew what his motivations were and the nobody in the media would question him on the lie. I knew that lie would be halfway around the world before the truth had it's shoes on.

I expressed surprise that he would tell the world that he lied intentionally and with malice and that he was entirely remorseless about it. A smaller, secondary surprise was that the question was even asked of him. That partisans will rise to his defense with "they all do that" is no surprise at all.

01-Apr-15
I believe in karma and it looks like whatever beat the crap out of Reid gave him a dose of what he has coming his way.

01-Apr-15
Karma is your exercise machine slapping you around like a gay rag doll. :)

01-Apr-15
Tall tree, new rope.. Ah Steve that should read Tall Tree Short Rope. Just sayin

01-Apr-15
So can Romney now sue for defamation of character?

01-Apr-15
No, unfortunately.

What a senator says on the senate floor cannot result in a libel suit. Which is precisely why Reid said it there.

01-Apr-15
Just how obvious can it be that PZ has absolutely NO moral values?

Yes, many politicians lie as he claimed. But those sorts of lies are in no way the same thing as what Reid did:

1. He totally made up a monstrous charge against an very honorable man that Reid surely knew was false.

2. Then, in the heat the campaign, he levied the charge, full well knowing it would damage Romney even though it wasn't true.

3. Worst of all, he specifically chose to levy the charge from the floor of the United States Senate because he knew he could lie about Romney there without any legal repercussions.

4. Then the other day, he admitted he lied, laughed about doing so and noted he was happy he did so because, "Romney lost."

And PZ says he's totally OK with that.

01-Apr-15
Hum in the old day's he would have been slapped across the face with a glove and challenged to a duel. Then promptly shot as a coward. What was wrong with that?

• Sitka Gear