BIGHORN 05-May-15
Bluetick 05-May-15
Bluetick 05-May-15
Dave G. 06-May-15
bad karma 06-May-15
Amoebus 06-May-15
Shuteye 06-May-15
05-May-15
As some of us get older we find that we get cataracts on our eyes. My wife had both of her lens replaced and is very happy with the results.

This morning, I had the lens on my right eye replaced. I had to pay an extra $1,000 for a special lens due to astigmatism. As I type this my right eye is clouded over but I know that it will clear up in a couple of days.

I have no doubt that the left eye lens will have to be replace sometime in the future too. In the past I had both RK and Lasik surgery. The lens replacement was virtually pain free. The only discomfort was when they put an iodine drop in the eye before the operation. Now, it feels like a hair or spec of dirt in the eye but it will go away in about a day.

Has anyone else had this type of operation?

05-May-15
My wife does these all the time. I'll ask her about the sensation of having something in your eye.

05-May-15
Bighorn, my wife says you are feeling the sutures and it will go away in a couple days.

06-May-15
Just thinking of stitches in the ol' eyeball makes me squint....and pucker, and I don't mean my lips. :^)

06-May-15
They don't do stitches any more, or they didn't on mine.

Had cataract surgery 5 years ago. The cut a slit about 1/8" long, and slide in the lens folded like a taco. It opens up inside. Eye heals in 4-5 days, in my case anyway. Felt like you had sand in it for while.

I now have 20-15 vision at distance. Money well spent, reminding me every hunting season.

06-May-15
"Money well spent, reminding me every hunting season."

And every time it rains.

(Just Lasik for me.)

06-May-15
Back in the Fall I had a cataract removed from my left eye and a lens inserted. The next day I had 20/20 vision in my left eye. Three weeks later I had the same thing done to my right eye. My right eye had a astigmatism. I can now see my pistol sights clearly for the first time in years. When I got home from the first operation I asked my wife what she had done to my TV? She asked why since she hadn't touched it. I told her I had never seen the colors so bright and clear. My eye doctor said the astigmatism was so slight in my right eye that she couldn't measure it. The lenses that were inserted even have UV protection but the surgeon told me to wear sunglasses anyhow in the bright sun.

The best thing for me is being able to see my pistol sights clearly and there is just one sight instead of a blur.

I had to put drops, three kinds, in my eyes for days before the surgery and three weeks after. Every six hours for weeks. That was a pain in the neck but I am so happy with the results it was worth it. I am a diabetic so I may have had to jump through some extra hoops.

• Sitka Gear