Contributors to this thread:
Mint 06-May-15
Shuteye 06-May-15
one shot 06-May-15
IaHawkeye 06-May-15
sureshot 06-May-15
06-May-15

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
This is near where we live so I thought it was only fair to post it since it relates to my profession.

I will keep you posted if riots/protests/demonstrations break out in multiple cities, or the AG schedules a visit to talk with involved parties. :)

Did you notice the teacher is no longer employed by the school district?

Right decision IMO even if the teacher is innocent. The kids have the right to feel safe. If the allegation turns out to be false, prosecute the kid as much as the law allows and make restitution, full, to the teacher. If allegation is true, also prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

I have also advocated the sex offender registry ought to be expanded to include a special category for teachers and ministers.

06-May-15
Here in NYC that teacher it would take at least 5 years to get that teacher fired if at all and they will get paid all through the process at full pay while sitting in a empty classroom with other teachers on paid suspension.

06-May-15
Mint,

What each of us experiences as "normal" in our part of the country can explain many of the arguments between us on this site-it is all about perspective. I believe the process would take that long in NY, but not here. That would not be accepted.

Not to offend, but I do believe we are less 'PC' here, though still too much.

06-May-15
I can't understand the teacher being fired. She is innocent until proven guilty. I just don't believe the boy, who is going to run their mouth about having sex with a teacher? I hope the truth comes out and we will know what really happened.

06-May-15
INNOCEBT IN THE EYES OF THE LAW - ONLY. This is a workplace decision. An employer can fire anyone for cause, it may take longer in some places. as HFW stated, if the teacher is found innocent, then they should be re-instated and paid back wages, because at this point there is no cause for being fired.

06-May-15
Yes, it is a right to work state. Common sense would tell me the involved parties were talked to before this became public. Something might have been said that would lend credibility to this story. And it is an "Alternative" School.

For every one of these that does become public, I am willing to bet there are others that have happened we never hear of or are never reported.

Sad violation of trust that if true, the student will likely be impacted for life.

06-May-15
Innocent untill proven guilty ? Guess not in this case. Guess you'd have to suspend teacher until facts are out. 16 year old in an alternative school words vs a professional. Smells to me.

06-May-15

sureshot's Link
Here's how it is handled in my area. Something smells fishy about this story.

07-May-15
No longer employed does not mean terminated. This could have been voluntary and we don't know if any evidence exists to substantiate the claim. I will try and update this if anything happens in a timely manner, if charges are filed.

07-May-15
sex allegatio.....almost a nice double entendre

• Sitka Gear