sundowner 02-Jun-15
slade 02-Jun-15
Narlyhorn 02-Jun-15
gflight 02-Jun-15
slade 02-Jun-15
Sixby 03-Jun-15
slade 03-Jun-15
22-May-15
“We need to have the capacity to collect information that can be used to identify individuals who are linked to enemy combatants who are gonna do us harm.”

22-May-15
Well, he is against "general" warrants, which seems reasonable and, oh yeah, general warrants are unconstitutional.

22-May-15
I stand with Rand on this one. When we allow any governmental institution to act unconstitutionally we lose our rights. It never stops with one encroachment. God bless, Steve

24-May-15
Spike...Who in the world WOULD be your other choice?...Rand is the only option unless your voting libertarian...

I don't trust Cruz at all.

Carson...no...I firmly believe he is for some form of gun control...

24-May-15
Walker Cruz

24-May-15
I don't get too worked up about statements in isolation like this. They are often taken way out of context.

24-May-15
Now let me get this straight before I have to slip into my asbestos suit. You do not agree with any candidate but will vote for one you do not agree with?

The Rock

24-May-15
Walker if for the patriot act,NSA...I'm not sure but didn't I read where Cruz is now supporting it?

24-May-15
You are almost there Rocki. When the drugs wear off you will understand completely

25-May-15
Rand is a goofy nut case just like his dad. Can I borrow the asbestos suit?...:)

25-May-15
Rand could be my guy, were it not for the Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, etc are not a threat to us stuff. The only way that doesn't disqualify him for me, is if the response is to immediately obliterate any country the day it is known that they are in fact a threat to Americans. As that will not happen, Rand is not a viable candidate for me.

25-May-15
Walker, Cruz, or Paul are all "conservative" enough for me. Each has some issues but I hope one of them get the nod. The others are too "Republican" (new term for rino).

27-May-15
REally?

McConnell has already ordered senators back to Washington for a rare Sunday session, just hours before the Patriot Act deadline. It’s unclear what they might be voting on.

29-May-15

slade's Link
Taking the Low Road

29-May-15
Had me until I read who put it out....

29-May-15
The establishment will love this because the two conservatives are battling. They should stand with each other against the rinos and let the people choose, if they give a poo about the Country rather than themselves.

30-May-15
How about for a change we elect a President that actually has executive leadershp skills and a track record to prove it, instead of just someone with a big mouth that says things we like to hear?

As they say....."Talk is cheap".....

31-May-15

Salagi's embedded Photo
Salagi's embedded Photo

01-Jun-15
"It was a dramatic day on the floor of the United States Senate on Sunday. Unable to overcome parliamentary maneuvers by Sen. Rand Paul, the body adjourned and let three controversial provisions of the Patriot Act expire at midnight."

01-Jun-15
Not standing with Rand on this puts you with McConnell, question is were you with the supporting or opposing McConnell?

"McConnell, the second Republican Senator from Kentucky, said that blocking this legislation should be "worrying for our country." McConnell said that even though he had vehemently opposed this bill previously."

01-Jun-15
Rand and Obama one term Senators who blame Republicans... without your loon's(Rand)support, Mitch would not be in office.

01-Jun-15

slade's Link
""He showed himself to be part of the blame-America first crowd that we on the right have lamented for years. He’s Ron Paul in a better suit and less crazy in his voice""

01-Jun-15

slade's Link
""He showed himself to be part of the blame-America first crowd that we on the right have lamented for years. He’s Ron Paul in a better suit and less crazy in his voice""

01-Jun-15
" said that blocking this legislation should be "worrying for our country." McConnell said that even though he had vehemently opposed this bill previously."

Looks like you'd be with McConnell no matter which way you sided since he was apparently against it before he was before it.

01-Jun-15
""Paul's presidential campaign is aggressively raising money on the issue.

A super PAC supporting him produced a video casting the dispute as a professional wrestling-style "Brawl for Liberty" between Paul and Obama""

01-Jun-15
Good to know you don't stand with Rand...

You "Stand" with Obama, McConnell, John McCain, Crispy creme, Bush, and others.

President Barack Obama on Friday emphasized his concerns if the reform is not passed with a warning to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the other senators.

"We've only got a few days," Obama said Friday. "These authorities expire on Sunday at midnight, and I don't want us to be in a situation in which, where for a certain period of time, those authorities go away and suddenly we're dark and, heaven forbid, we've got a problem where we could have prevented a terrorist attack or apprehended someone who was engaged in dangerous activity but we didn't do so simply because of inaction in the Senate."

01-Jun-15
Fear politics. Truth. not one apprehension of one terrorist or terror related person due to anything on this bill. Billions of tax payer dollars spent and thousands of Obamanites employed in a feckless Government failure.

Replace with FBI investigation of suspected terrorist and leave the American people the heck alone. Get a judge to issue a warrant and do it constitutionally and legally. Stop gathering info on us and concentrate on them. Grandmas and Grandpas and American citizens born before 1980 should not be included in a huge useless search unless they are affiliated with a terrorist organization. Patriots and Christians are not terrorists.

God bless, Steve

01-Jun-15
The phony surveillance debate

Eli Lake Thee worst terrorist group these days does a lot of its business in public. The Islamic State recruits and signals its followers on Twitter. This gives all of us the opportunity to play NSA and monitor communications from the group with cutting edge technology like Tweetdeck.

This is not to say that terrorists do not also have more clandestine ways of communicating. Al Qaeda, for example, developed an encrypted Internet-based communications system. U.S. officials have also warned that terrorists have changed how they communicate since some of the disclosures by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

So it’s clear the proponents of government surveillance are exaggerating. But their opponents are grandstanding as well. Senator Rand Paul, the libertarian Republican running for president, has portrayed himself as a wrestler about to take on Obama and the security state. But even Paul acknowledges that the authorities he allowed to expire will be reauthorized soon enough in the USA Freedom Act. What’s more, while Paul has framed his fight as one with Obama, it was Obama that empaneled a Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board that concluded the bulk collection of metadata was unnecessary to stop terrorists.

It’s natural to wonder how genuine Paul’s interest in privacy is. Does his campaign — like almost all campaigns these days — buy cell phone data on voters?

01-Jun-15

slade's Link
Duped Paulbots keep drinking the loonyaid....)

""Washington (AFP) - With US counterterror provisions facing expiration at midnight Sunday and the Senate unable to avert a national security crisis, lawmakers from both parties trained their ire on a single target: Rand Paul.

The first-term senator from Kentucky, a 2016 Republican presidential hopeful and a lawmaker known for throwing political bombshells on the Senate floor, effectively blocked the advancement of a reform bill, the USA Freedom Act.

Paul effectively blocked the advancement of a reform bill, the USA Freedom Act, that would have done away with a controversial government surveillance program that collects telephone data from millions of Americans with no connection to terrorism.

Paul effectively blocked the advancement of a reform bill, the USA Freedom Act, that would have done away with a controversial government surveillance program that collects telephone data from millions of Americans with no connection to terrorism.

Paul effectively blocked the advancement of a reform bill, the USA Freedom Act, that would have done away with a controversial government surveillance program that collects telephone data from millions of Americans with no connection to terrorism.""

Linked to the Rino driven Drudge Report

01-Jun-15

slade's Link
Now that the charade is over let the grandstand/campaigning begin!

Rand:“I think even more importantly is when you poll me against Hillary Clinton, I’m one of the few Republicans who beats her in purple states,” Paul said.

We’ve had statewide polls showing me beating her in Iowa, Colorado, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire. Really, elections are about winning the purple states—the battleground states—so the polls show I’m consistently in the top tier in the Republican primary but even more importantly they show us having the ability to beat Hillary Clinton in the battleground states. I think that’s precisely because of my defense of the right to privacy and to be left alone. So I will continue that—I think this is something that’s an important battle, so we’re going to continue the fight.

Loonward ho!

01-Jun-15
Here is what is looney toons.

We need a USA Freedom Act.

Apparently, the Constitution isn't good enough for the plebs. Who's being duped. Chugalug.

We wonder why we only get bigger and bigger government.

01-Jun-15
Funny you mention Drudge....

Matt Drudge, editor of the influential and widely read Drudge Report website, was happy to "stand with Rand" Wednesday night.

01-Jun-15
Funny you do not acknowledge that Rands stand was all BS politics, he will capitulate to the "USA Freedom Act"

01-Jun-15
The axe grinding is baffling. Sadly predictable but baffling. We all lament the lack of GOP cajones and here we have one of the few guys who is standing up for freedom. Under withering peer pressure.

If you don't stand with Rand on this issue, you may want to check the company you're keeping.

01-Jun-15
What Owl said.

God bless, Steve

01-Jun-15
Looks like you also agree with Feinstein....

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the former Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman and an ardent defender of the surveillance state, blasted Paul, who is running for president, for "holding critical national security programs hostage to raise political donations."

"At a time when the threat of terrorist attacks at home and abroad is higher than ever, it's unconscionable that these national security tools can no longer be used, particularly since the reason is to advance the political ambitions of one person," Feinstein said in a statement.

01-Jun-15
""""Paul effectively blocked the advancement of a reform bill, the USA Freedom Act, that would have done away with a controversial government surveillance program that collects telephone data from millions of Americans with no connection to terrorism."""

Nothing but Kabuki Theatre .......

Monday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Sen. Rand Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93% declared a “huge victory,” even though the Senate moved forward the USA Freedom Act 77-17, to reform the National Security Agency on Sunday night, as Paul was able to "TEMPORARILY" allow a couple previsions to expire for a few days (which is Thursday)until the final vote on the reforms is taken.

01-Jun-15
McConnell, Obama, Feinstein, McCain, and others wanted the original patriot act to be renewed.

McConnell did not want the house version "USA freedom Act" because it had some reforms, but flip flopped when he saw the original was going to die and initiated a cloture vote for the Constitution restricting USA Freedom Act.

So at a minimum this one is less jacked up then the original. While I wouldn't say it is a huge victory it did accomplish something....

01-Jun-15
The CIA director supports you, Obama, and Feinstein as well.

Just saw a poll that says 63% of people want more surveillance into their lives to keep them safe.

Pat Robertson says he doesn't trust the government and big brother type surveillance is a precursor to the end of days. Billions of people on the earth and likelihood of dying in a terrorist act is almost nil.

Also talked Obama care prices skyrocketing and EPA taking over America's water.

Progressives like you guys are quietly speeding Obama's destruction of this country....

01-Jun-15

slade's Link
""""Paul effectively blocked the advancement of a reform bill, the USA Freedom Act, that would have ""DONE AWAY"" with a controversial government surveillance program that collects telephone data from millions of Americans with no connection to terrorism."""

THE USA FREEDOM ACT "" This year, I intend to re-introduce the USA FREEDOM Act. For more than a year, I have pushed this important bill to reform the government’s surveillance authorities. More than ever it is imperative Congress enact it into law. The USA FREEDOM Act represents government at its best. It is the product of a robust public debate and intense bipartisan negotiations dedicated to finding a way to protect our Constitutional rights without compromising national security.

Below is information on the legislation I introduced with Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) last congress. An amended version of the bill was approved by the House Judiciary Committee and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. A further amended version was passed on the House floor by a vote of 303-121. Unfortunately, in the Senate, a procedural measure to bring the bill to the floor fell two votes short, 58-42.

Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ending Eavesdropping, Dragnet Collection, and Online Monitoring Act H.R. 3361/ S. 1599 Purpose: To rein in the dragnet collection of data by the National Security Agency (NSA) and other government agencies, increase transparency of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), provide businesses the ability to release information regarding FISA requests, and create an independent constitutional advocate to argue cases before the FISC. End bulk collection of Americans’ communications records • The USA Freedom Act ends bulk collection under Section 215 of the Patriot Act. • The bill would strengthen the prohibition on "reverse targeting" of Americans—that is, targeting a foreigner with the goal of obtaining communications involving an American. • The bill requires the government to more aggressively filter and discard information about Americans accidentally collected through PRISM and related programs.

Reform the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court • The USA Freedom Act creates an Office of the Special Advocate (OSA) tasked with promoting privacy interests before the FISA court’s closed proceedings. The OSA will have the authority to appeal decisions of the FISA court. • The bill creates new and more robust reporting requirements to ensure that Congress is aware of actions by the FISC and intelligence community as a whole. • The bill would grant the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board subpoena authority to investigate issues related to privacy and national security.

Increase Transparency • The USA Freedom Act would end secret laws by requiring the Attorney General to publicly disclose all FISC decisions issued after July 10, 2003 that contain a significant construction or interpretation of law. • Under the bill, Internet and telecom companies would be allowed to publicly report an estimate of (1) the number of FISA orders and national security letters received, (2) the number of such orders and letters complied with, and (3) the number of users or accounts on whom information was demanded under the orders and letters. • The bill would require the government to make annual or semiannual public reports estimating the total number of individuals and U.S. persons that were subject to FISA orders authorizing electronic surveillance, pen/trap devices, and access to business records.

National Security Letters • The USA Freedom Act adopts a single standard for Section 215 and NSL protection to ensure the Administration doesn’t use different authorities to support bulk collection. It also adds a sunset date to NSLs requiring that Congress reauthorize the government’s authority thereby ensuring proper congressional review.""

A sample of those in the House "Who Stand with Rand" and voted against HR3361 (The USA Freedom Act) which passed by a 3 to 1 margin.

Rep. Keith Maurice Ellison Democratic Nay

Rep. Elijah E. Cummings Democratic Nay

Rep. Alcee L. Hastings Sr. Democratic Nay

Rep. Alan Grayson Democratic Nay

Rep. Henry A. Waxman Democratic Nay

Rep. Loretta L. Sanchez Democratic Nay

Rep. Peter A. DeFazio Democratic Nay

Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva Democratic Nay

Rep. Doris O. Matsui Democratic Nay

Rep. George Miller Democratic Nay

Rep. Barbara J. Lee Democratic Nay

Rep. Karen Lorraine Speier Democratic Nay

Rep. Eric Swalwell Democratic Nay

Rep. Michael Honda Democratic Nay

Rep. Anna G. Eshoo Democratic Nay

Rep. Zoe Lofgren Democratic Nay

Rep. Samuel 'Sam' Farr Democratic Nay

Rep. Tony Cárdenas Democratic Nay

Rep. Xavier Becerra Democratic Nay

Rep. Gloria Negrete McLeod Democratic Nay

Rep. Mark Allan Takano Democratic Nay

Rep. Janice Hahn Democratic Nay

Rep. Alan S. Lowenthal Democratic Nay

Rep. Diana Louise DeGette Democratic Nay

Rep. Jared Polis Democratic Nay

Rep. John R. Lewis Democratic Nay

Rep. Loretta Sanchez Democratic Nay

Rep. Carol Shea-Porter Democratic Nay

Rep. Nydia M. Velázquez Democratic Nay

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries Democratic Nay

Rep. José E. Serrano Democratic Nay

Rep. Marcy Kaptur Democratic Nay

Rep. Timothy J. 'Tim' Ryan Democratic Nay

Rep. Suzanne Bonamici Democratic Nay

Rep. Chaka Fattah Sr. Democratic Nay

Rep. Matthew A. Cartwright Democratic Nay

Rep. Rubén E. Hinojosa Sr. Democratic Nay

Rep. Lloyd A. Doggett II Democratic Nay

Rep. Peter F. Welch Democratic Nay

Nice like-minded company you keep their.....

02-Jun-15
You guys were seeking a rubber-stamp reauthorization of Patriot Act spying authorities.

You guys were trying to extend the mass surveillance of millions of phone records of law-abiding citizens for another 5 years.

That Expired thanks only to Paul and a few others.

Now you want to pass a spying bill called the "USA Freedom Act". Really?

Go ahead and cheer and pat yourself on the back for giving up your civil liberties you are in good company....

02-Jun-15
Nice, I see you're up to your old tricks again G-lie....

02-Jun-15
It is truly a shame when the folks who are standing up and defending the Constitution are denigrated, and called liars and kooks.

I don't agree with Rand Paul on everything, but he's got the true meaning of the 4th Amendment, while others are willing to sit by while their civil liberties are eliminated.

According to the Constitution, warrants cannot be issued on a blanket, coverall basis. They must be issued by a judge for one individual, and with sworn probable cause. Losing these rights is very serious business, and Rand Paul is among the few who realize it.

02-Jun-15

slade's Link

02-Jun-15
Ah..., but,but, USA Freedom "ACT" has such a patriotic ring to it, don't you think.

The Republican party has become the BIG government, spy on your neighbor party. Fear driven and quite frankly, pathetic.

Nice job RP!

02-Jun-15
The language in the House bill doesn't end bulk collection and is still in violation of the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution....

02-Jun-15

slade's Link
Mitch McConnell stands with Rand... ;)

Mitch McConnell: The USA Freedom Act vote is a victory for Edward Snowden and terrorists.

03-Jun-15
You might as well remove my post too.

God bless, Steve

03-Jun-15
Sixby,

Use racist slang terms for my handle multiple times and you will not have to ask.

• Sitka Gear