NvaGvUp 03-Jul-15
HA/KS 03-Jul-15
sundowner 03-Jul-15
HA/KS 04-Jul-15
02-Jul-15

Shuteye's Link
What do you think?

02-Jul-15
I didn't know Spike Bull had a regular column.

02-Jul-15
The article has TPA and TPP wrong, but the rest is somewhat conceivable.

The difference between republican and democrat politicians is that republicans have to stay clean to stay in office. democrats can do anything and keep their jobs. Even being convicted of felonies or causing the death of a girl so young she could still be on her parents' obamacare policy does not disqualify them with their supporters.

When bill clinton was being exposed (pun intended) I would ask his supporters what it would take for them to drop their support for him. They always refused to answer because the truth was that there was nothing he could do that would cause them to abandon him.

Republicans? Heck, people here are ready to jump ship on Walker just because he hired one advisor they don't like or trust - even though he is possibly the most qualified and best bet conservative in the field.

02-Jul-15
"The article has TPA and TPP wrong, but the rest is somewhat conceivable."

Henry, it is absolutely astonishing to hear you say that. I had to check to be certain it was really you!

Of course it is conceivable, even likely. There is too much going on that is completely upside down for any thinking American not to at least ponder the idea that these court rulings and congressional vote outcomes are nowhere near normal.

Dead and rotting fish have a fragrant aroma compared to the corrupt crap that is really going on. Your opinion is valued, so it is good to see that you at least can lend some credence to the possibility of vast corruption and blackmail.

02-Jul-15
sundowner, TPA is the same as it has been for a number of previous administrations and is NOT secret. TPP is NOT something that has been in place, IS being kept secret and I cannot conceive how it could possibly be good for America or Americans.

"Heck, they just joined hands to hand Obama a big victory with TPA — a trade agreement so fantastic that it’s been declared “classified” so no one can read it before they vote on it — and TPP." That is an inaccurate statement!

02-Jul-15
Henry, pardon me. I thought you were actually conceding the possibility that some Republican leaders are being blackmailed.

Although appreciated, your kind explanation of TPA and TPP is not necessary, and also not the point. The article was incorrect regarding TPA and TPP, but the point was that some Republican "leaders" may be blackmail victims. One would think folks who stretch themselves out attempting to explain the unexplainable would grasp the possibility of blackmail as a somewhat viable reason for the strange activity of Republicans. Guess not.

02-Jul-15
I certainly agree that Washington is rotten, but if all of this blackmail is happening through government agencies, do you really think it is plausible that it stops when republicans are in charge? I'm not saying that republicans aren't for the most part a cut above democrats, but don't tell me that there aren't any republicans or their operatives who wouldn't avail themselves of the leverage it would provide. Don't tell me there isn't things going on with democrats that wouldn't open them up to being blackmailed. So if those two things are true, when and where have you ever seen democrats inexplicably capitulating to republican agenda and policy?

I think for the most part it is an easier pill to swallow, thinking the democrats have some deep dark secrets they use to force their counterparts to bow to their wishes. The only real alternative is to admit that many of them are liars, lacking conviction and principle, who are more interested in doing what gets them elected, invited to the right parties and meetings, given prestigious or powerful positions, or maybe simply a glowing article in some liberal rag somewhere, rather than doing what is right for the country.

This is what I've pretty much come to believe about many republicans. Sorry if that offends, but it has been walking and quacking like a duck for a long time to me.

02-Jul-15
sundowner, I wrote "but the rest is somewhat conceivable."

You are for some reason operating under the misconception that I think republicans are doing a great job. They are not. What I do say is that the ONLY ones in DC (or state houses for that matter) who are trying to do the right thing are republicans. democrats are 100% wrong track. Some percent of republicans are on the right track. EVERY recent positive thing done by any government has been done because of republicans.

I have never once defended republicans that do not do the job. What I fight is the blanket statements that all republicans or all politicians are crooks. That is just not true. It is a page right out of the leftist play book that too many fall in to. It discourages honest people from thinking that they have a duty and an opportunity to right the wrongs in our government and in our nation. I see too much of that worthless attitude on this site.

When the allies captured Italy in WWII, they used the infrastructure that was in place to continue their mission of total victory in Europe. Some here want to totally destroy the infrastructure of the republican party and do .. who knows what. I say capture the infrastructure and use it to turn this nation around.

02-Jul-15
Thanks Henry. I now understand your position, and do not frankly find a whole lot to disagree with.

I also do not believe that all Republicans are crooks, but the problem is that the most visable ones do appear to be. Their actions do not reflect Conservative ideals at all....not at all. In fact, they seem to intentionally play right into the Dem agenda.

What is so hard to swallow is the fact that they are wasting the mandate the voters gave them last fall. And that mandate is to stop Obama. I know he can veto bills, but it is the Republicans job to force him to veto good bills, so the people can see what he is doing. Instead they do the opposite and actually enable his destruction of the nation by not fighting against his agenda.

That is disappointing to a lot of Conservatives, and so naturally they begin looking for the reason. Perhaps Republicans are being blackmailed. SOMETHING is causing their anti-Conservative, anti-Constitution behavior.

03-Jul-15
"I have advocated that for years and got rejected by you, HA" Your memory is different than mine. I have never been a republican party person, so I don't know what you are remembering.

03-Jul-15
Teddy Roosevelt started the Bull Moose party. And now it's a prominent third..wait a minute.

The Libertarian party gets...not them.

The Constitution party gets....not them, either.

No viable third party has come into being in our lifetimes.

It is early. Trump has name recognition and is noisy. He won't be a factor by year end at worst.

03-Jul-15
"He won't be a factor by year end at worst."

Probably right. McConnell, Boehner, Priebus and Rove will have "crushed" him by then......to borrow McConnell's term for what he wanted to do to the Conservative Tea Party candidates.

The only people doing more damage to this Republic are the Democrats, and sometimes it is debatable whether that is true. The Republican "leadership" carries about the same trustworthiness as the Democrats nowadays.

03-Jul-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo

03-Jul-15
"I have advocated that for years and got rejected by you, HA"

I know that my memory is bad, but it seems unlikely to me that you remember this accurately. Do you have a link?

03-Jul-15
Twilight Zone?

Is that the place where one continues to support a political party long after that party has demonstrated time and time again that it does not share his interests, nor his Conservative convictions and values?

If so, I'll pass.

When the Republican party leaders finally decide on a battle they want to fight, they may find many of the foot soldiers have deserted.

04-Jul-15
Spike, we have butted heads a lot, but it was about process, not desired outcome. If I thought a third party had a chance, I would be on it in a minute. We had two relatively recent elections when a third party candidate got enough votes to affect the election. He gave us two clinton terms which could now give us more clinton terms.

The results can last a very long time. In fact they do and will outlast both you and I.

• Sitka Gear