Two Feathers 04-Jul-15
HA/KS 04-Jul-15
slade 04-Jul-15
tonyo6302 05-Jul-15
04-Jul-15
More bad news!

04-Jul-15
A comment from the article:

... following etiquette and protocols of other regions and nations has ALWAYS been a practice for military members. There is no sense stirring up problems over a few trivialities and minor inconveniences. Service members are being instructed to alter a few habits and dress NOT participate in worship. This article simply seems to be conflating issues to cause an emotional response. We need to allow cool heads to prevail. BTW I am a Marine Corps Vet, as is my husband; both from very long lines of service members we are also Christians.

04-Jul-15
My niece is in the Airforce overseas and basically said what HA's Marine said.

05-Jul-15
The article is false.

I was just over in Bahrain, and I have had co-workers over in Bahrain during Rahmandan.

Only while out in town, thus entering and leaving the base, are you required to have long sleeve shirts during Rahmandan.

The PX at NSA Bahrain still sells alcohol. You can drink said alcohol in your quarters, both on base and out in town.

If you do not believe me, then google Naval Support Activity Bahrain, and look up the Dress Code for yourself.

The aritcle is full of lies.

. . . and, this has nothing to do with Obummer, it is just proper respect to any foreign country to respect it's laws when outside a Military Base.

Good gracious, you don't have to convert to Islam to show some respect to the host Country and cover your arms and legs during Rahmadan.

It is just not a big deal.

Tony

CWO2, USMC Retired

• Sitka Gear