Thumper 09-Jul-15
Shuteye 09-Jul-15
MT in MO 09-Jul-15
Salagi 09-Jul-15
orionsbrother 09-Jul-15
RJ Hunt 09-Jul-15
05-Jul-15

HA/KS's Link
by changing their name because it is offensive to some people.

"The Minnesota Senate approved John Hoffman's (D-MN) bill to change the name “Asian carp” so called because the species originates from Asia, to “invasive carp”. Since Asian carp were introduced in the U.S. in the 1970's, the fish have spread to dozens of states causing destruction in the delicate ecosystems of the waterways."

05-Jul-15
Ned needs to give them a call (trigger warning: offensive speach, offensive tone, offensive thoughts, offensive humor, do not laugh)

05-Jul-15
that happened last year or so I think. when I am in Minnesota I ask liberal folks where the best invasive food restaurant is in town.

05-Jul-15
Dumbasses! I call it what it is. Never offended anyone that I've heard of. We need to get rid of all these ignorant,continually reelected morons!

05-Jul-15
I guess they will have to change oriental rug stores to invasive rug stores. asiandating.com to invasivedating.com etc.

08-Jul-15
Even Asians around here don't mind being called Asian! For crickey sakes.. that's where they are from! As are the damn fish!

09-Jul-15
I've never called them Asian or German carp, because they're damn carp. What I want to know which idiot usfws biologist recommended they be brought into the country in the 1st place. Surely he's not still on the payroll?

09-Jul-15
I'm not racist, I shoot any kind of carp equally.

09-Jul-15
I don't think anyone recommended they be brought here intentionally. Probably they hitchhiked here as eggs in the bilge water of some ship that was in some Asian river and then unloaded in the Mississippi...Similar to how the zebra mussels got here...

09-Jul-15

Salagi's Link
Actually they were brought here intentionally.

09-Jul-15
In local news reports, they are most frequently identified as big-headed carp.

Being mostly of Swedish and German heritage, I take extreme offense.

09-Jul-15
I guess that means no more "Chinese" food or "Mexican" food.

What will we call it?

This PC business is out of control

• Sitka Gear