TD 05-Jul-15
Woods Walker 05-Jul-15
SB 05-Jul-15
Two Feathers 06-Jul-15
South Farm 06-Jul-15
NvaGvUp 06-Jul-15
Tigereye 06-Jul-15
05-Jul-15
This crap has gone too far for too long. We need to stop this BS now before it gets any worse, although I can't see how it's even possible it could get worse.

From the Conservative Post:

"Peanut Butter and Jelly Deemed Racist

Oh the times we live in where food can be deemed racist. In a move Oprah would be proud of, Principal Verenice Gutierrez, of the Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland, has labeled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as racist.

Apparently, in a move distinguished by the superintendent of the school, an effort was made to, “improve education for students of color.”

Tell me, how does the lunch selection improve the implementation of education?

This is so far beyond politically correct it’s dumfounding. Gutierrez has determined that the fact that the PB&J is on bread, it leads to cultural sensitivity.

Now let’s break that down.

The principal states that certain students that belong to minorities, take for example, “Somali or Hispanic students,” may not have culturally eaten bread, but instead used things like tortilla, or pitas.

She says that the school must, “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance,” in order to cancel out all the “white privilege.”

I’ve about had it with the accusations of racism from the left, and frankly, this is taking it too far. So now this school has to spend MORE money to buy a product suitable for the minority in order to accommodate political correctness?

It’s bread.

It can’t use racial slurs, it can’t discriminate and it’s crucial in making a PB&J.

I guess I have to go to the store and pick up some wheat bread now to promote loaf diversity in my kitchen.

We wouldn’t want anyone feeling left out, would we?

Of course, we all know by now that the Left has also declared reading bedtime stories to your little tykes is also RACIST, as it gives them an unfair advantage that minority children may not have.

'White privilege' and all that BS, don't you know.

05-Jul-15
Damn, I didn't realize my wife is racist. She loves Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches.

05-Jul-15
watched a few 'Twilight Zones' yesterday, they were entertaining but can't compare to the real-life stuff we witness on a daily basis

Rod Serling himself would be scared $#!tless by today's commonplace insanity

05-Jul-15
I'm downright KKK....

I love peanut butter jelly/honey and bacon sandwiches. Tried it on a pack in hunt in ID.... eating them ever since.

If they had any musloids in school I'd guess they'd starve. (also called "mo'fo'me..")

05-Jul-15
Uh, how about this.....

They CHOSE to move here. PB&J sandwiches are part of AMERICAN culture. And peanut butter was invented by a great BLACK AMERICAN, George Washington Carver.

So if you choose to move here, then you also chose to be part of Americian culture.

So GET WITH IT!

As a matter of fact, I like tortillas and pita bread although I didn't even know what they were until I was in my 20's and I dare say that these two food items are now part of American culture. So why can't these people do the same with regular bread?

Racist....yeah, right. And Obama tells the truth.

05-Jul-15
This is AMERICA... If it offends you.. LEAVE! Why should Americans bend over backwards to appease ANY minority? Used to be if you came to this country you adopted the American way of life. Now ALL of us are supposed to change OUR way of life? I DON'T THINK SO!!

06-Jul-15
We're done with pb&j sandwiches, now it's pb&j rollups. We're no longer racist.

06-Jul-15
Makes ya WONDER sometimes what this country is coming to..

06-Jul-15
Maybe WE should go to the countries this idiot is referring to and demand they stop using pita bread and tortillas, because anything other than white bread would be hurtful to us and make it more challenging for us to learn!

06-Jul-15
Hell the fact that a student is even eating could be considered racist. How many starving in Somalia???

• Sitka Gear