Shuteye 07-Jul-15
Woods Walker 07-Jul-15
DL 07-Jul-15
Woods Walker 08-Jul-15
Shuteye 08-Jul-15
HA/KS 08-Jul-15
Woods Walker 10-Jul-15
05-Jul-15
16 minutes into the game and the US is ahead 4-0.

05-Jul-15
DL,

With all due respect, and while I'm lovin' the score, there's no such thing as a soccer game worth watching.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;^)

05-Jul-15
I really have agree, but I'm at my sons and its this or sit in the sun. I also dislike that soccer game on ice. I had to watch three kids play soccer growing up. Yuk!

05-Jul-15
Great game, I was flipping channels and saw goal 3 & 4, thought they were showing highlights.

05-Jul-15
You know why so many kids PLAY soccer?

So they don't have to WATCH it!

05-Jul-15
I've always considered soccer as a great game for ten-year-old girls.

05-Jul-15
Pro Football = 0

NASCAR = 0

Any Tennis = 0

Soccer = subzero

05-Jul-15
US won and they're having a lesi love in.

05-Jul-15
Great game, I actually watched it. I never watch the games but I did this one and enjoyed it.

05-Jul-15
"US won and they're having a lesi love in."

Really? Maybe I will tune in!

05-Jul-15
Good for them,...it was a great game I thought.

06-Jul-15
Those gals are excellent athletes. I don't know how they do it. When they get too old they can always play golf.

06-Jul-15
Great game and tournement girls. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

06-Jul-15
Yesterday, I happened to be on the treadmill when a special on Abby Wambach came on. Seemed the most compelling option so I tuned in. She apparently is known for her fearlessness. I really had no clue but when they played video of her busting her head open and getting stapled right on the field to keep playing, she got my respect.

So, when the game came on last night, I watched every minute and actually enjoyed it.

06-Jul-15
It is kind of like watching a marathon or swim meet. They are fun compete in, but no fun to watch.

I enjoy the women's game infinitely more than the men in soccer. The guys fall down constantly and complain on every play (although the ladies are catching up on this aspect).

06-Jul-15
I'll admit everybody loves a WINNER....but in the end it still is soccer after all. I'm happy for them that they won, whoopee, but I'm happier for me that I didn't waste my life jumping on the soccer bandwagon.

06-Jul-15
Owl: I grew up in a family with no girls and I really paid no attention to them until my hormones started flowing, so I had no experience with girls.

Then we had a daughter and she was atheletic and played fastpitch travel softball. I was an assitant coach for 4 of the 6 years she played and in that time I gained an enormous amount of respect for female atheletes. They take "tough" to another level! They're level of pain tolerance is actually higher than it is for boys because if you think about it women are engineered to endure childbirth, which I doubt too many men could even comprehend!

I saw them take hits and other injuries and they just keep on going.

06-Jul-15
And to add to WWs post, they are generally easier to coach. They take instruction and criticism way better than boys.

And they don't know it all until well into their late teens. ;-)

06-Jul-15
Agreed Joey. I will also add that the approach you must take with them is also different than it is for boys. That said, the ones that were at the level of play that my daughter was at were a pleasure to coach because they were "locked and loaded".

Looking back on it, the hardest girls to coach were the ones that had older brothers and/or dads who didn't know what they were doing and we had to "undo" all the bad techniques they'd been taught first before we could teach them the right way.

In a lot of ways the fielding and hitting mechanics are a LOT like archery. You need to learn the proper techniques and then burn it into your muscle memory (and boy, did those girls ever get tired of hearing that term from me!!!) so that when a play does occur you don't have to think, just react.

We played in tournaments all over the midwest and in Colorado and Florida. I sure miss those days, even though I had time for very little else.

06-Jul-15
"US won and they're having a lesi love in."

Maybe a US Women's Playboy pictorial would be a idea. They all could wear their medals. That would get me interested in Women's soccer.

06-Jul-15
Good points.

I miss it too.

I hope little miss know it all will one day look back and think fondly of "those good old days". And "good old coach dad".

:-)

06-Jul-15
WW, my wife said having a baby is a whole lot less painful than passing a kidney stone.

06-Jul-15
She will Joey! Mine is 26 now and she still comes out with comments and such about things I thought she never paid any attention to!

NOTE: Coaching OTHER girls is a pleasure, YOURS can be...shall we say...at times, "challenging".

06-Jul-15
Great game, actually in Vancouver and my daughter went to the game. Great energy, and the ass kicking the last three games was spectacular. The best US team for sure. LLOYD blew it up.

06-Jul-15
It was the most viewed soccer game ever by USA viewers.

06-Jul-15
WW, I don't see how anyone can throw underhanded with velocity and control. If I tried that once my right arm would be just hanging by the skin.

BTW, I coached both boys and girls and the only tears I had to endure were from the boys. lol

06-Jul-15
Shuteye,

"WW, my wife said having a baby is a whole lot less painful than passing a kidney stone."

Obviously your wife has done both!

If she hadn't also passed a kidney stone and somehow thought otherwise, I guarantee she'd have immediately stopped having children. Or even having sex, just in case!

LOL!

06-Jul-15
Pretty cool!

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/opinion/blogs/courtney-oakes/aurora-girls-soccer-players-get-chance-lifetime-watch-u-s-womens-team-win-world-cup-live/

06-Jul-15
My mom, having experienced both, says passing a kidney stone is worse than childbirth. Stones don't raid the fridge or flunk a semester of undergrad, though...

06-Jul-15
"WW, my wife said having a baby is a whole lot less painful than passing a kidney stone."

I can't comment on women and child birth, but I wouldn't wish passing a kidney stone on anybody. Been there done that it was terrible.

06-Jul-15
Owl: That's because you were throwing with your ARM , like overhand pitchers do. A properly thown underhand pitch uses the entire body, and the release "snap" is actually in the hand/wrist.

If you slo-mo a good women's pitcher you'll see their entire front leg come way off the ground and when it comes down then the other leg with the body slide in to it and momentum is carried into the throwing arm to the wrist snap.

My daughter was taught to learn speed first and then control. When she was 12 she was already throwing at 50 MPH. It took a while to get consistant though, and the bumps on my shins are just starting to go away now! (I learned real quick to sit on a bucket when I caught for her so that I could lift my legs out of the way when she put one in the dirt.)

Her pitching coach said that finding accurate slow pitchers wasn't hard to do. Finding FAST accurate pitchers was another thing entirely.

But as many games as I saw I'm still amazed at the junk some of those girls can put on an underhand thrown softball.

07-Jul-15
Like this.....

07-Jul-15
I have a hard enough time watching mens soccer. Loved playing it when I was a kid, but watching professional soccer....eh, not so much. NBA players ain't got nothing on pro soccer players in the "flop" department. Drives me crazy.

07-Jul-15
Funny how a 0-1 baseball game is considered a pitchers duel and its great. If you are watching a baseball game, you can get up, take a piss, wash your hands, make a sandwich, pop open a beer comeback to the couch and not miss a pitch. Now, thats excitement.

07-Jul-15
CTCrow, Heck people watch old guys hitting a little ball all over the place and call that fun. Nothing to it, I tried it once and hit the little ball right through the little light house on my first try.

07-Jul-15
Some of the best things to participate in are the worst things to watch. Golf, FISHING, and to a large extent hunting...REAL hunting (not that scripted/staged/produced crap).

I'll admit that I know very little about the details of soccer and hence find it extremely boring to watch. I suppose a lot of folks would say the same about a low scoring fastpitch softball game, but having coached it those low scoring games turn into a contest of "small ball", where fake bunts, stealing and slap bunting make it very exciting for those who know the game. It then becomes a psychological duel where you force the other team to make throws and such and see who makes that fatal error.

07-Jul-15
The reason I liked it was they scored several times within the first few minutes. When players actually score goals it becomes tolerable.

08-Jul-15
You bet DL! Maybe they need to make the goal net wider and shorten the length of the field.....

08-Jul-15
A friend of mine has a niece that was a pitcher in fast pitch soft ball. I couldn't believe how fast she could pitch a softball. I would tear my leg off if I tried that. She pitched for a team from Delaware and good grief, they went all over the country. I also enjoyed the King and his Court and got to see them several times. Some people have a lot of talent.

08-Jul-15
I believe that anything is possible, but I have yet to think of a way to make soccer interesting.

10-Jul-15
How abut making women's soccer topless?

And for the men, give them swords. That'd make the fights get REAL interesting.

• Sitka Gear