joshuaf 08-Jul-15
HA/KS 08-Jul-15
BIGHORN 08-Jul-15
HA/KS 10-Jul-15
06-Jul-15

slade's Link
Ann's on fire, comes out swinging at the immigration "Pussies"

“Walker and Cruz are the only ones who are not ridiculous and utter cowards,”

And please, everyone knows she liked Christie at one time etc.. does nothing to change the facts-excellent points she makes.

06-Jul-15
I am in the process of trying to like Ann again.

She was once my hero, and has climbed back up the ladder to "Ok, I'll read her new book I guess".

Giv'em hell Ann!! You get better every day.

06-Jul-15
Like him or not, you have to admit that Trump just saved us a lot of debate about who the best GOP candidates are.

Thank you Mr. Trump!

07-Jul-15
I used to read Ann religiously, but I can't take her seriously any more and rarely read her any more. She had a huge crush on Chris Christie, then Romney, and she still wants Mitt "Self Deportation" Romney to enter the 2016 race and "save" us from all these other candidates. She's all over the place and I think she's a lot like Donald Trump, actually, just trying to say the most provocative things to get the most attention possible. Like Trump, some of the things she says are definitely right, but don't dig too deep into her record (or his) and expect to find a lot of consistency on a lot of things. For instance, she says that ultimately she would have loved a Romney-Walker ticket in 2016, and one of the reasons she seems to love Romney so much is his "Primo" (her word) record on illegal immigration? Well, if she's lauding Walker for his stance on that issue as well then that is just....a joke. And according to the article, Romney is now calling Illegals "Mexican-Americans". Oh really? What makes them Americans?

07-Jul-15
WW, right on. This issue has to be addressed at some point.

07-Jul-15
I believe this is a much bigger issue than the media and the politicians want to admit.

The majority of Americans have no problem at all with people wanting to migrate here from other countries. I mean unless you're 100% native American (and even THAT can be debated because the ancestors of Native Americans came from Asia) then we all came from migrants.

But we are also a people who believe in PLAYING FAIR! If you want an example of this try jumping a line at a store or movie threatre and see what happens.

Most Americans play by and follow the rules. All we want is for anyone coming here to ALSO play by and follow the rules.

Trump has started a fire that will NOT go out. The former GOP front runners who are soft on illegal immigration are finding that out now and will have the burns to show it.

07-Jul-15
I put Ann in roughly the same category as Ted Nugent. They both have big egos, say a lot of outrageous things, but it's hard to argue that they say what they think, and an awful lot of people agree with them.

With Ann (and Ted) out front, those on the far left find themselves on the defensive, and those who generally agree with them, but get soft on occasion, get called out. I'm OK with that.

07-Jul-15
Walker and Cruz are heading my lists more and more. As long as they both stay with "Nothing happens till the border is sealed"

I don't see how they could lose on the issue. "I have an open mind to hear solutions and ideas.... but NOTHING until the borders are sealed and illegal immigration slowed as much as humanly possible."

I think it's an issue that concerns more voters than the Washington insiders have a clue about.

08-Jul-15
TD, I don't want to burst your bubble, but it was only a few months ago that there was an extended news cycle talking about the inconsistency between some of the things Walker is saying now when running for President, and some of the things he has said in the past about this issue. So, you might want to do some background work on that first before coming to the conclusion that he is so solid on the issue.

08-Jul-15
Though Trump is saying many of the right things, he is not the answer.

The root of America's problems are moral, not fiscal or legal.

Unless the moral roots of America are restored, everybody is just putting band-aids on deep wounds without a chance to cure any of the ills.

08-Jul-15
"The root of America's problems are moral, not fiscal or legal.

Unless the moral roots of America are restored, everybody is just putting band-aids on deep wounds without a chance to cure any of the ills."

Hammer, meet Nail. You hit it spot on. Unfortunately, there are some on these forums who don't see it that way and would absolutely disagree with you.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

08-Jul-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

08-Jul-15
I said approximately 6 months ago that I would vote for a Walker/Cruz ticket!

10-Jul-15
KATY TUR, NBC NEWS: You're for the Second Amendment. Do you have a gun?

DONALD TRUMP: I have a license to have a gun. Yes I do.

NBC: Do you use it? Gun ranges?

DONALD TRUMP: It is none of your business, it is really none of your business. I have a license to have a gun.

NBC: Gun control.

DONALD TRUMP: What are you talking about? Yes I have a gun and yes I have a permit for it.

NBC: Stronger background checks. What about that? Is there any steps that you would take to make it harder to get a gun in this country.

DONALD TRUMP: The problem is once you get into that you start getting into a situation, the slippery slope, where all of a sudden you are going to violate the Second Amendment. I don't want to violate the Second Amendment. To me the Second Amendment is very important.

• Sitka Gear