Anony Mouse 31-Jul-15
Anony Mouse 31-Jul-15
Pat C. 31-Jul-15
Anony Mouse 31-Jul-15
HA/KS 01-Aug-15
Anony Mouse 02-Aug-15
HA/KS 03-Aug-15
29-Jul-15
The guy who killed the lion or the planned parenthood people selling baby parts? If you think killing a lion is worse than selling baby parts then you should take a long look at your dark soul life you live.

29-Jul-15
Getting sick of hearing that this egomaniac killed poor Cecil with a bow and arrow. HE DID NOT!!!! He used a crossgun and it took two days to die. Sounds like another case of a crooked outfitter.

29-Jul-15
The real crime here is the senseless murder of that innocent child. The killers should be hung for that alone, then they should then be hung again for the body part crime.

Instead of being off doing whatever it is that lions do, the lion conceded his life to that idiot. There was no need for that lion to die, and as far as I'm concerned they should prosecute the whole lot; from the "guide" up to that sad excuse for a hunter.

29-Jul-15
A crooked outfitter because his client used a crossbow

Please enlighten me as to how you came up with that theory

29-Jul-15
The “Cecil” incident isn’t the dentist’s “First Rodeo.” He pleaded guilty to killing a Wisconsin black bear in 2006 under very similar circumstances. Yes, the media insists on reporting the lion was killed with a “bow & arrow.” But the real problem is that this idiot is now the “poster boy” for archery hunting. Believe me; the publicity around this incident will take a lot longer to die than the 40 hours it took “Cecil.”

29-Jul-15
RK: seems it was lured to a location he could hunt, obviously done by the outfitter.

29-Jul-15
Judging by the posts thus far, it's pretty easy to tell that folks are more enraged by the killing of a single lion, than countless human lives inside the womb.

Take that one step further, and the fact that PP employees are profiting from the sale of fetal body parts, and you still have people defending their actions.

ISIS kidnaps, tortures, rapes, and commits religious genocide everyday, yet we hear nothing from the MSM. However, kill a single lion, and they are ever so quick to condemn this "skinning and beheading".

We have a dictactor in the White House, the Constitution is being torn to shreds, transgenders are "heroes", Iran is about to get nukes, and people defending Planned Parenthood's actions....but killing Cecil the Lion is where folks, and the media, express their outrage.

I don't condone the circumstances of this lion being illegally taken, but without all the facts, none of us can say for sure what exactly happened. Like others have already stated, this is a black eye for every hunter and a stain on the hunting world, that won't be washed away anytime soon.

29-Jul-15
Keepemsharp

I realize that the professional hunter appears on the surface and without all the facts to be a bit shady. The hunter as well may have some issues. However to me it matters little that when Cecil was lured out of the park what weapon he was killed with. Your post above indicates that the weapon used adds to the professional hunter being bad. The fact that they had to track Cecil down after a bad shot indicates one thing only. That the hunter made a bad shot and that could have been with any weapon

Crossbow has zero significance to this story other than media play

29-Jul-15
Are you really more surprised that a lion being killed gets more press than PP? Can you say smoke screen.

29-Jul-15
Good grief....

Doesn't really matter, lions are hunted and killed all the time, but this hunter either has or is closing in hard on an archery super slam. He didn't use a crossbow. He's a hard core bowhunter. Sheep, griz, polar bear, he's taken a bunch of game, in every climate, terrain and conditions of the world. Not some joe that hunts deer in the back 40 one week out of the year and decided he wants to shoot a lion.

I don't know about the bear incident, would have to have more facts. I don't know the details. There are grievous intentional violations and there are mistakes. I don't know which this one was.

So far all the "facts" we have in this matter are from the PETA Press. Maybe just me, but I don't think they would give anything BUT a slanted story and a pack of lies. I believe none of it. Crossbow indeed....

I'll wait for some facts. My feeling offhand is this hunter booked a free range lion hunt. He had faith his guides were following the rules and were all legal. It very well could be true that they were. They did have a legal permit to take a lion. The rest of the details I don't know.

Couple points, I kinda laugh at the "hunting at the edge of a park" criticism when I heard it. Anyone here hunt elk? Have a problem with someone hunting park boundaries or private land boundaries trying to catch something coming or going? It's a pretty wide spread practice. Done it myself many times.

Bait? I've hunted black bear over bait. It's common practice as well. Very common to bowhunt predators over bait in Africa.

The hunter killed an animal people had named. That would seem the biggest mistake. I seriously doubt he knew it at the time. Or the wrath of the PETAphiles over it. His and his families life are a living hell and likely never be the same. If he'd have shot a kid in Chicago it wouldn't have sparked this kind of outrage.

And yeah. It's an animal. People assaulted, tortured and murdered all around us and yes viable babies murdered and dissected for body parts. But some people decide to go bat chit crazy about a lion that was on his last legs that more than likely was driven from his pride.... not "lured" away. And if any cubs are killed it will be other lions that do it. But somehow that doesn't fit into their fairy tale cartoon of life in the wild.

29-Jul-15
Crossguns may be a viable weapon but please stop calling him a bow hunter and a bow and arrow, it was not.

29-Jul-15
Well said PAbowhunter

29-Jul-15
Keepem

I think he is a bow hunter so that would be hard to quit calling him one. We could placate the situation at hand by saying he is a bow hunter but in this case he used a crossbow

I have more and more clients come each year that may use three different weapons on a hunt, longbow or recurve, compound and a crossbow. All for different species. They are certainly bow hunters and in each case the animal dies from wounds that are inflicted with an arrow.

Much to do about nothing really

29-Jul-15
"Much to do about nothing really"

Except there's a whole lot of panty twisting goin on.

29-Jul-15

Barty1970's embedded Photo
Barty1970's embedded Photo
If only this was the trophy...we are talking about Bhundu Bob's Brave new Zimbabwe

29-Jul-15

Tate Tanka's embedded Photo
Tate Tanka's embedded Photo

29-Jul-15
Maybe if aborted babies whose parts were sold had names people would care.Cecil the lion had a name so he is more important it seems

29-Jul-15
What TD said.

Elk hunters wait for the elk to leave Rocky Mountain National Park here, too.

Since the media hysteria is almost always wrong on at least one major part of the story, I'll wait for the histrionics to end before reaching any conclusions.

29-Jul-15
Killing a lion doesn't even rank anyplace near killing a human being. Babies are human beings and no one is protecting them. Politicians and the Supreme Court need a good a$$ kicking. To me it is murder.

30-Jul-15

30-Jul-15
"Crossguns may be a viable weapon but please stop calling him a bow hunter and a bow and arrow, it was not."

The same thing could and was/is said about compound bow hunters and that's complete hogwash also.

A crossbow shoots a pointy stick that kills by causing shock through blood loss, propelled by the energy stored in the bow limbs, just like a compound or stickbow. At NO point in the process is a "BOOM" heard or is there an explosion/ignition of any sort.

Calling a crossbow a "gun" is like putting a racing stripe and a number on a horse drawn cart and saying that it's a Gran Prix race car.

30-Jul-15
How do you call something with a stock,trigger,and a scope a bow?

30-Jul-15
Same way you call something with wheels and 80% let off a bow.

30-Jul-15
LOL! Compounds DO have triggers and scopes!!!

No stock though. So that makes it a gun? Really? Physics have nothing to do with it just appearences?

If you don't like crossbows then don't shoot one. I got tired of compounds and went back to my recurve roots. But that doesn't mean that I don't want compounds in bow season.

No boom, no problem.

30-Jul-15
I blame the outfitter more then the hunter. If something illegal was done the outfitter should bear the brunt of the blame. Killing babies for profit is just pure evil. Abortion is bad enough but selling baby parts for profit is above and beyond worse than anything I can think of. Turn on the news and you will see coverage (even on fox) of the protesters at the dentist office. I'm not seeing coverage of planned parenthood protests. Two wrongs don't make a right but I figure the dentists practice and life is ruined while a the monsters from planned parenthood will soon be forgotten

30-Jul-15

Pat C.'s Link
No one wants to talk about dead babies, and body parts being sold. But shooting a lion that may have been completely legal oh my God. Just shows how F$%^king nuts this country is.

30-Jul-15
Be honest guys, There is justification for outrage in both cases.

However the murder of 60, 000,000 babies is way over 60,000,000 times as bad as the killing of the lion. That does not justify killing the lion but killing the lion will not bring about the wrath of God upon our nation and murdering the babies will. Cecil.s untimely death and the consequences of that pale in comparison to the consequences of Roe vs Wade. God help and God bless the USA with a spirit of repentance before our entire destruction caused by this wicked people.

God bless you all, Steve

30-Jul-15

bad karma's Link
From London, some sense.....

30-Jul-15
Good link, Kevin.

30-Jul-15
Great graphic, mouse!

30-Jul-15
Herd a rep. from Zimbabwe today talking about this lion, and she said first nobody new of this pet lion. And that big game hunting is one of there main sources of income. If it weren't for the big game hunters spending all that money there wouldn't be any reserves or warden to protect the animals. Im really sick and tired of all the illegal BS no one knows for sure and the man ain't in a Zimbabwe jail. They aren't all pissed off over there, so why the hell are people here all up in arms over it?

31-Jul-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

31-Jul-15
USFWS is investigating the tragic killing of #CecilTheLion. Will go where facts lead. These damnasses don't have any authority in Zimbabwe. And shouldn't have anything to say about a crime committed there.

31-Jul-15
Leave this guy alone, a victim of a crooked guide, just quit calling him a bow hunter.

31-Jul-15

31-Jul-15

31-Jul-15
Damn you AM did you have to put thoughs pics up. My God Ill have that mop headed witch stuck in my head all-night. Thank there pally

31-Jul-15
Pat....and I have to live with this one ;o)

01-Aug-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

02-Aug-15

03-Aug-15

HA/KS's Link
Spike, I know nothing about the photo above - which is basically the point. Children in Africa have less value to the American left than the lion did.

An interesting discussion of the issue - hates hunters, but sees their value in conserving species.

• Sitka Gear