Anony Mouse 13-Aug-15
BSBD 14-Aug-15
Anony Mouse 20-Aug-15
Anony Mouse 28-Aug-15
Anony Mouse 28-Aug-15
08-Aug-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Here's a picture near Durango after the EPA screwed up and released over a 1,000,000 gallons of toxic wastewater from old gold mines into a near by River. Now if you or I did that the EPA would sue us for millions. Can we sue them and collect money.

08-Aug-15
What do you want to bet the EPA still fines the mining company for this?

08-Aug-15
EPA should be abolished in all matters inland and severely cut back for offshore.

08-Aug-15
Instead of having the Corps of Engineers handle the dam on the site, the EPA boys made a mess.

Friend of mine who knows this mine said "It's just rusty water with a little zinc", so I don't expect this to ever become some major disaster.

By the way...we all paid for them to make this mess, and now we all have to pay for them to clean it up.

DL, I wonder if we could sue for the costs involved with cleaning it up. Not our fault in any way, and they're spending our tax dollars to fix it.

08-Aug-15
Dumbasses...

09-Aug-15
"Friend of mine who knows this mine said "It's just rusty water with a little zinc""

Curious, will it kill the fish?

09-Aug-15
I saw video on the news this morning.

12-Aug-15
Could the EPA done this deliberately? Remember, bureaucrats know what is best for us and they want to increase government control over more and more of our diminished freedoms:

So EPA Could Secure Superfund Status

Last Wednesday, a small EPA-supervised work crew inspecting the Gold King mine accidentally knocked a hole in a waste pit, releasing at least three million gallons of acidic liquid laden with toxic heavy metals. (ABC)

This letter to editor, posted below, was published in The Silverton Standard and The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist, one week before EPA mine spill. The letter detailed verbatim, how EPA officials would foul up the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money. It the Gold King mine was declared a superfund site it would essentially kill future development for the mining industry. The Obama EPA is vehemently opposed to mining and development.

The EPA pushed for nearly 25 years, to apply its Superfund program to the Gold King mine. If a leak occurred the EPA would then receive superfund status. That is exactly what happened.

The EPA today admitted they misjudged the pressure in the gold mine before the spill – just as this editorial predicted.

The letter was included in their print edition on July 30, 2015. The spill occurred one week later.

12-Aug-15
The Animas was bright yellow the last time I saw it. 1986. Exactly the same color it is now. I remember commenting on it and showing it to my wife. This evidently has been leaking at times and coloring the water for years.

God bless, Steve

12-Aug-15
SEE THE MATRIX: 5 REASONS THE MEDIA IS DOWNPLAYING THE EPA DISASTER

A massive federal government debacle results in more than 3 million gallons of metal-laden water polluting a once-pristine Colorado river. At first, the same Environmental Protection Agency solely responsible for this disaster downplays the extent of the spill. However, photos of a river turning a toxic yellow force the EPA to come clean. And all of this happens while President Obama vacations.

Stories do not get more tailor-made for the national media than this. Government malfeasance, an early attempt by the government to downplay a calamity, amazing video, and the optics of a disengaged president vacationing while yet another one of his own agencies proves itself incompetent and deceptive.

So why isn’t the EPA spill the biggest story in the media world?

Why is the media downplaying such a thing?

Here are 5 reasons:(continued at link)

12-Aug-15
A contractor working under the EPA's direction caused it. The Navajo nation is going to sue the mine owner and the EPA. Interesting that he epa didn't immediately blame the contractor? The only reason I can think of is they were micro managing the contractor.

13-Aug-15
I have a theory as to what happened. I have looked at the pics and it looks like there is a cut spillway lined with black plastic. I believe the EPA directed the contractor to build the spillway and allow a certain amount of the waste to slowly spill into the Animas hoping that no one would notice. The spillway washed out. The water over colored and the spill discovered. I have already stated that after a heavy meltoff I have seen the Animas that yellow. I did not know what caused it but now do know. Simply waste from the mine flowed naturally into the river and has for years when there is heavy runoff. So there always has been a problem but not a publically known problem and not one full blown problem caused by a bunch of government morons that should be on food stamps and welfare instead of having 100,000. government jobs that they are not qualified for.

God bless, Steve

13-Aug-15

14-Aug-15
Sixby your theory is wrong. The little plastic lined spillway is used to direct current spillage from the mine into containment ponds for minimal filtration. The Gold King mine and three other mines in the area are still leaking into the Animas at 500-700 gallons per minute. The Animas has been slowly dying for at least 30 years. I used to live in Durango and have spent hundreds of days on the Animas fishing, rafting, kayaking and guiding. The headwaters of the Animas have been devoid of fish and and aquatic insects for more than 30 years.

The Animas is always brown and somewhat mustard colored during typical spring runoff but never to this level. Anyone who's spent time on this river knows it's not nearly as healthy compared to other drain ages in the area. It probably should have been a Superfund site 20 years ago but the government would have just made more of a mess of the area and cost the local economy hundreds of jobs.

The mines near Silverton are going to cause a lot more problems until metal values increase and private industry decides it's worth the risk for more exploration.

20-Aug-15

Anony Mouse's Link

28-Aug-15
EPA...another governmental agency over-regulating the US to give greater control over the citizens of the US.

UPDATE 1-U.S. court places hold on federal water protection rule

Second article:

An axe for the roots

28-Aug-15
Obamunism in action: in spite of a court order, EPA say FU and full speed ahead:

EPA says clean water rule in effect despite court ruling

"WASHINGTON – The Environmental Protection Agency says it is going forward with a new federal rule to protect small streams, tributaries and wetlands, despite a court ruling that blocked the measure in 13 central and Western states.

The EPA says the rule, which took effect Friday in more than three dozen states, will safeguard drinking water for millions of Americans...

• Sitka Gear