joshuaf 02-Sep-15
Shuteye 02-Sep-15
TD 02-Sep-15
TD 03-Sep-15
Sixby 03-Sep-15
Sixby 04-Sep-15
HA/KS 04-Sep-15
27-Aug-15
to the CNN Debate. What is with this? Another fix is in for the EGOP. Clearly in the top 10 but not invited to the debate CNN seems to be another in the tank for Bush or pusher for the EGOP and Democrat party. Note I said party as I cannot distinguish between the two. This is a blatent disregard of the will of the people though. What , if anything can be done?

God bless, Steve

27-Aug-15
For starters, there is no one named 'Karley' running for the nomination.

Are you perhaps referring to Carly?

27-Aug-15
"Another fix is in for the EGOP".

That's funny, considering Carly Fiorina is a GOP Establishment type candidate. Like Donald, she is very bold in what she says, and I agree with some of what she says. Whether her past record can stand up to her present rhetoric, however, is a completely different story. Also like Donald.

27-Aug-15
"...... she is not the "chosen one" and so therefore is being pushed aside regardless of her performance and rising popularity."

OK, so by your logic, The Donald is the "chosen one." After all, he's the one who's getting all the air time from the msm.

27-Aug-15
"Sixby is correct that she is not the "chosen one" and so therefore is being pushed aside regardless of her performance and rising popularity."

Spike, if that were true, then Jeb Bush would be on the stage debating himself because all those not chosen would be out.

27-Aug-15
I think she will make it. They used old polls. When Fox did their debate the used polls right up to the day before the debate. If they use new polls Carly should certainly be in the debate. They will catch a lot of flack if they don't invite her.

27-Aug-15
I think Carly should be invited. So should the esteemed Rev. Marblemouth. Then they could hold hands and sing kumbaya.

27-Aug-15
They "should" invite Carly, but from what I heard today they can't. CNN published the criteria back in May and cannot on their own make any change. At this point its controlled by the FEC.

28-Aug-15
Laughing at the CArley, not Karley remark. Like you are too ignorant to know who was being referred to. I would have changed it if I had had an edit feature.

God bless, Steve

28-Aug-15
I'd much rather see her than Bush and a few others...

28-Aug-15
"Really joshuaf?

You can stand there straight faced and claim that Jeb is not the EGOP "chosen one"???

That is a new low for you, my friend!"

That's not what I said, and it's not what I meant.

My point was simply that there are multiple "Establishment" type candidates, and she's one of them, definitely. You're acting like she's a dyed-in-the-wool Tea Party Conservative raging against the Establishment and therefore they're conspiring to keep her off the stage. That is ridiculous, take a look at her record. She may be more charismatic and willing to take on Hillary than some of the other Establishment candidates, but she's still an Establishment candidate and it would give the GOP elite no heartburn to have her as the nominee like it would if Ted Cruz was the nominee. There's no conspiracy here. The debate rules were set months ago. There's no doubt that from her performance in the first debate, she has vaulted herself at least into the "middle" tier of candidates. However, should they change the rules of who gets in the debate just to accommodate one candidate who thinks they deserve to get in? Maybe if she wanted so badly to get in the debates she should have found a way to get more traction in the polls over the last several months.

02-Sep-15
Looks like she is in it after all?

02-Sep-15
Yup,

CNN had been expecting there would be fifteen national polls between the first debate and the second one as has been the historic average.

Now that it appears there will only be five such polls, they have changed their weighting to more accurately reflect recent results and trends.

02-Sep-15
So, Spike, when Jeb is not the nominee, please tell me how you will eat crow on national TV.

02-Sep-15
Spike,

"Perhaps I misunderstood you, and you me, but rest assured that the rules were set months ago specifically to favor those who did well early on and the EGOP made sure Jeb was at the top of the list while denying it even cared."

What utter nonsense!

The rules were set to include a base of polling data averages for rolling time periods prior to each debate. By rolling the time periods, candidates who were moving up would be more likely to be included than those (like Jeb!) who were moving down.

Not everything is a conspiracy, Spike!

02-Sep-15
I am glad that she will probably be included, but it always bothers me when the rules get changed because somebody doesn't like the outcome.

02-Sep-15
HA/KSbut it always bothers me when the rules get changed because somebody doesn't like the outcome

What an amazing statement. The rules got changed because she is very high in the polls, not at all because she doesn't like the outcome. No one with any sense of right and wrong was against her being in the debate. Truth is that this was a huge surprise to most people that the top ten at the time of the debate were not going to be the ones allowed in the debate. Fox did not announce who was in their debate until just before the debate. Funny how we expected CNN to do what was right.

God bless, Steve

02-Sep-15
Sixby, would you have the same opinion if the rules were being changed to make sure Bush got into this debate?

02-Sep-15
"I am glad that she will probably be included, but it always bothers me when the rules get changed because somebody doesn't like the outcome."

Yep, me too.

02-Sep-15
The media are in business for ratings. CNN phones and e mails were jammed by concerned people that Carly wasn't going to be in the debate. She deserves to be in the debate is she is in the top ten.

02-Sep-15
Now if they'd just send a couple of the others to the showers.....

03-Sep-15
WRT "changing the rules" these are not "public" events but private enterprise. Even the Parties as such are private entities, not pubic or governmental agents.

Within my business we change and adjust our "rules" all the time as we see fit. Some ideas sound good until they hit the street, then they don't work like you think they should have. You change em. Or dump the plan altogether and come up with a new one.

Big difference between "rules" and laws and regulations. If no contract was signed between the parties that forbid her being included then essentially there is not a problem. At the same time you honor the spirit of the agreement to those who are engaged in it.

And while I may think Bush is a putz, if he were being excluded based on low ratings months ago and now is pulling much higher numbers even as others dropped.... yeah, put him in. Nobody else can cry fowl as they were not excluded, even if they have dropped to near irrelevance.

Or in other words.... even if they should have been....=D

03-Sep-15
Thanks TD, You explained it very well with the voice of reason.

God bless, Steve

HA/KS: My answer was given by TD./ Yes I would change the rules to allow one in that was In the top ten ratings. I believe what they have decided to do is both fair and equitable. And yes if Bush were in Carleys position my sense of fairness would apply to him although I will never vote for the man nor see him as suitable for any public office.

God bless, Steve

04-Sep-15
If we all just give this a little time it will settle out. Someone , probably Carley will clean Trumps clock or at least make him declare on abortion ect. The real cream will rise to the top. What Trump is accomplishing is his declaration that this country is a great country and needs to be made great again. His stand for sovereignty as a nation , closing the border ect is driving the conversation right now ,. But there are a few cantidates that are far more rounded out and are real conservatives. That cream will rise to the top. In the mean time the energy Trump is building is sorely needed.

God bless, Steve

04-Sep-15
I predict that Carly and Trump will stay away from each other. She may be gunning to be his VP pick.

Yes, CNN is a business. So is the GOP.

• Sitka Gear