Rocky 29-Aug-15
Woods Walker 29-Aug-15
Shuteye 30-Aug-15
Woods Walker 30-Aug-15
Rocky 30-Aug-15
Woods Walker 30-Aug-15
Rocky 30-Aug-15
28-Aug-15
If a third party challenge arises (and ends up giving the 2016 elections to Hillary--or her replacement), it will be due to the continued failures of the GOP, which has shown itself NOT to be an OPPOSITION party, but one that seeks the same positions of power that the Democrats do--and shares much of the same goals.

The eGOP has shown that when it comes to supporting the lesser of two weasels (which many here, including myself, have admitted), it turns out that the weasels share the same stripes.

Leaked Instructions – GOPe Leaders Give Senators Talking Points For August Recess…

The Mitch McConnell legislative agenda was written for him prior to taking his position as Senate Majority Leader. The author of the agenda was a group of Wall Street financiers who organize under the construct of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Tom Donohue as CoC President.

Donohue then spends millions through K-Street lobbyists to insure his legislative priorities are maintained. In the run-up to the 2014 mid-terms Donohue was very specific on what his demands were of the GOPe team, Boehner and McConnell:

• Comprehensive Immigration Reform – to include Amnesty for illegal aliens. (link)

• Support for full delivery of Federal Common CORE education standards (link)

• The full implementation of ObamaCare without adjustment. (link)

• Trans Pacific Trade Deal (link) (Currently in negotiations)

So it should come as no surprise to see the hand-out given to the Republican senators by John Thune would specifically call for the GOP to frame the CoC position on these issues in the August recess ‘Town Hall’ meetings.

(continued at link)

Related:

EXCLUSIVE: GOP LEADERSHIP IGNORES IMMIGRATION ENTIRELY IN TOWN HALL TALKING POINTS

Republican legislators have gotten their messaging instructions from their top leaders: Tout unpopular free-trade measures during the August recess, ignore popular curbs on the migration that saps Americans’ wages...

I read yesterday that Trump indicated that he would NOT run as a third party candidate should he not get the Republican nomination. Hopefully, that is true. However, with the GOP alienating its base with its support of the eGOP leadership and the CoC (whose ideal candidate is Bush*)--what a nightmare the 2016 ballot would be if the choice were:

a. Hillary...or another proregressive b. Bush c. Independent with strong Conservative goals so often expressed here on the CF

All three choices would lead to the continued decline in our country. And it would be the GOP's FAIL that caused it.

*Read Conservative Treehouse/Tripwire articles for clarification

28-Aug-15
How dare you question the EGOP...Lol

28-Aug-15
Remember all those Regan type Democrats who often said that the Democrat party left them? They had an option of voting for Regan.

What we are seeing is that the Republican Party establishment has put many of us in that same position--however, without an alternative.

It would be very very hard for me to hold my nose and vote for Bush as the lesser of two evils, Clinton or her substitute. Thank God that there is still a year before I even have to consider that option.

28-Aug-15
That's how I'm looking at it Mouse...

28-Aug-15
The GOP should hear what I hear when they send out their requests for funds. They have no idea how angry most Republican Conservatives are with the EGOP. They will never win an election until they put forward a real conservative. Example of their stupidity is Bohner badmouthing Ted Cruz.

God bless, Steve

28-Aug-15
The country has moved left.

Just last month, 2/3 of Americans said that immigration should stay the same or be increased. Only 1/3 wanted it reduced.

Acceptance of homosexual marriage has gone from about 1/4 to almost 2/3 in 20 years.

Abortion opinions have remained relatively constant for 40 years.

60% currently support higher minimum wage laws.

Only 41% say that they are unwilling to pay more to combat global warming - down from 48% just a few months ago.

57% think the EPA is nonpartisan. Only 18% think that EPA has exceeded its authority.

38% of Americans view capitalism negatively.

Protestant America has gone from 70% when Ike was president to 37% last year. those who say that they have no religion has gone from 1% to 16% in that same time.

This summer for the first time since it was polled, social liberals outnumbered social conservatives.

28-Aug-15
Well...at least now we can claim "minority status".

28-Aug-15
"This summer for the first time since it was polled, social liberals outnumbered social conservatives."

-We'll have to exercise our right to opt out of the system to get anything done. Given the political demographic of government underwriting, conservatives have an overwhelming amount of sway. It just is wholly unrepresented in the modern system.

28-Aug-15
"Well...at least now we can claim "minority status"."

Therein lies the problem. Some here keep claiming that elected republicans no longer represent "their base." Much as it disappoints me, I think that what some see as "the base" has become a minority even within the republican party. Elected leaders may well be representing those who elected them, but not those of us who remain conservative.

Conservatives who get elected and govern conservatively get shunned. For example, Walker has the most tested conservative resume of accomplishment. Yet, he is being shunned by republican voters in favor of a near-leftist charlatan. The fact that Walker has won three elections in a liberal state should prove what I said above to be wrong. Yet, why is "the base" not flocking to him?

Or are they? In the latest RCP, Walker, Cruz, and Carson total slightly more than Trump. Trump is getting far more press than all three of them combined, yet they are managing to pull slightly more votes. Add in Huckabee and Paul and the "conservatives beat Trump by almost 10 points.

So, conservative ARE rejecting Trump. If that is the case, where is his support coming from? Anyone besides me see something amiss here?

28-Aug-15
Henry...a lot of the supposed Trump support may be like me. I like Trump for the fact that he has exposed the eGOP for what it has become and forced the issue about talking about topics that have been either avoided or covered with politic-speak. I dread the fact that I may have to choose between him and Hillary (or whatever commie replaces her).

There are a lot of us who are just fed up with the electeds (both R and D) who seem to NOT listen to the public sentiment WRT ILLEGAL immigration, crime committed by released ILLEGAL felons, the special status given them that supersedes the needs of our veterans, the excesses of Obama, etc. The GOP was given the House (2012)and Senate (2014)based upon promises that HAVE NOT BEEN KEPT. People are tired of being lied to by career politicians...which is why Trump, Cruz, Carson, et.al. have the popularity that Jebbie has lacked.

28-Aug-15
"I dread the fact that I may have to choose between him and Hillary" Yet, that is exactly where we are headed because people are giving him the oxygen that is being taken away from viable conservatives. His support is NOT being taken from jeb.

28-Aug-15
The picture has become crystal clear. Those who agree and continue fanatic backing the eGOP GOP Republicans or anything else you want to call it and many, though not all, of the stooges who litter the stage are content with the status quo in Washington. You can not deny it. What other reason could there be for these people NOT to rebel?

(Stop me when you can no longer understand because you and I both know you understand very well.) (Some idiot will chime in STOP.)

One reason and one reason only. They are doing just fine under the present system, with both houses of idiots who run this nation, and, they don't want to upset THEIR apple cart.

example...Those who carry the banner for the MOST conservative ...conservative, or the most presidential and by those who claim.." I can afford to do anything I want" all under those in POLITICAL power TODAY. Could these possibly be people who want to change the status quo? Why would they? So they could afford to do MORE than anything they want?

No. It is because they want to be able to continue to do these things that many Americans can not and fear a change. As long as they are fine all is well and the hell with those who are not. They will continue to ring your ears with the new BEST candidate with only their hearts and pockets in mind.

If anyone here believes their self serving BS on politics you get what you deserve. Other matters? The jury is still out.

I have listened to these idiots as long as anyone here if not longer from the days of Netscape. Rupe, Stinky, Tennbow, God rest his soul, Storm Rider, Jim Johnson and the rest know who I am. Think I am a rookie? I have seen them come and go some longer than others like GJ. Another whacko who I give credit to for least taking his stand to his beliefs unlike some today who hide behind a veil regarding politics. Again...POLITICS.

The Rock

28-Aug-15
"There are a lot of us who are just fed up with the electeds (both R and D) who seem to NOT listen to the public sentiment WRT ILLEGAL immigration, crime committed by released ILLEGAL felons, the special status given them that supersedes the needs of our veterans, the excesses of Obama, etc. The GOP was given the House (2012)and Senate (2014)based upon promises that HAVE NOT BEEN KEPT. People are tired of being lied to by career politicians...which is why Trump, Cruz, Carson, et.al. have the popularity that Jebbie has lacked."

Exactly...Can't say enough about this! I

29-Aug-15
The R's and D's should be collectively called the LC&F party...Liars, Cheats and Frauds. And the GOP should specifically be the ATNA's....All Talk, No Action.

29-Aug-15
The obvious division here is that some people no longer believe in the political system that has failed them time and again.

If politics is your chosen career as almost all the candidates are you have become a pariah to the masses. You have distanced yourself from the people and have drawn a partner in Washington.

The lying all talk and no action deceitful policies of yesterday are gone never to return for many.

The message is..." any promise but your promise" is a phrase clear cut that anyone can understand.

The Rock

29-Aug-15
KPC Nailed it.

KPC Nailed it.

KPC Nailed it.

29-Aug-15
There have truly conservative choices and voices in the last several elections. They have been generally ignored by the masses who favor big government and the promises that favor their particular big government policies over the opposing party's.

As long as the voting public selects either set of promises based on a party's increasing and overreaching influence, we will get continued inv=creasing and overreaching influence from government, with only the labels changing from time to time.

The truly conservative choice is the one that advocates a REDUCTION in government influence over your life, at a REDUCED cost in taxes and future debts, and a REDUCED need to spill the blood of our youths on foreign sands and jungles.....even if that means a reduced number of jobs in the defense industries, as Ike warned us about in his farewell address.

We have people speaking of some of those issues, and occasionally almost all of them, but they are ignored for the candidates who are more entertaining with their bloviation, or whose promises sound better to their faction of divisive social issues.

The establishment GOP is again proving its ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The only truly conservative candidates in the race will be misused and shouted down until they quit in disgust or their "numbers" are reported to have dropped below the level of being worthy of consideration, and that choice will again disappear, except in the form of the Libertarian candidate. And that candidate will be shunned by most of the disgruntled voters as being a "lost vote" even though it maybe the only way they can actually cast a vote that reflects their honest opinion.

I thought Rand Paul might be the ray of hope that could turn the tide towards a more responsible and conservative government, but apparently his skills onstage are lacking, even if his ideas and performance in the senate chamber were not.

Looks like it will be Gary Johnson for me again in the fall.

I doubt that things will ever improve unless electronic media is banned from political advertising altogether. That's the only way that a responsible voice of smaller government will ever again out-poll an entertaining salesperson with a loud mouth and a crude manner, telling folks what they want to hear, and backed by the people who will profit most from the milking of the public cow.

29-Aug-15
LOl....Politics!

29-Aug-15
KPC, I would think that the egop's would want someone like Rubio. Hispanic fair haired son of immingrants himself. Young, good looking kid with some good ideas, but still has enough pull with the illegals that they could pull some over.

Unless of course they WANT to lose the election, then they will endorse Bush. Not even registered republicans want Bush. Unless they are even more stupid than I think. Wouldn't surprise me, though.

Cruz for me so far.

29-Aug-15
"I'd actually be more comfortable with Trump if I thought he was lying. Sadly I think he actually believes what he's saying. That's even scarier yet. KPC"

"KPC Nailed it. KPC Nailed it. KPC Nailed it."

LMAO...So you're ok with the 'lying' that those we've elected the last few elections have continued to do to the American's that put them there...That says a lot!

AS Joshua might say you're either "ignorant or disingenuous!"

Trump may be a 'flash in the pan', but at least he's saying what a whole bunch of people are feeling...As I've said all along, people are finally getting tired of the same' ol, same 'ol from Washington...

Until anyone, Dem or Repub can step up and change something, we'll get no where as a country except weaker than the idiot in the Whitehouse has already made us...Unfortunately and I think HA actually touched on this, people on both sides have become 'ok' with that...

29-Aug-15
Russ, "Looks like it will be Gary Johnson for me again in the fall."

Yup, from the few polls I've seen, that's the way it seems to be lining up for me too. It's still a long way off though. Maybe Paul, Cruz or Carson can make a move that will perhaps change my mind, but I frankly doubt it. They are already being laid to waste either by the demons or the smugpologists.

29-Aug-15
"I'd actually be more comfortable with Trump if I thought he was lying. Sadly I think he actually believes what he's saying. That's even scarier yet."

Right there sums up the entire mindset of a country who continues with "politics as usual" but screams anything but to those who would listen.

So tells us. What you are scared about? He is not PC? He is rich? He does not command the English language? (should I be asking that question?) He changed his positions on issues? He does not respect women? He does not respect the other candidates? You said you believed he was being truthful. Is that the one trait that disqualifies him from running for office? What? What? C'mon. Here is your chance to validate your legitimate reasons for cutting him down that may change the minds of those who may vote. Do your country a service.

The Rock

29-Aug-15
I don't care who or what endorses Bush. All I know that is IMO one of the, if not THE biggest, threat this country faces is the illegal invasion that's been going on unchecked and ENCOURAGED for the past 29 years by the government after they bamboozeled us with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. This was basically amnesty for the one's here/then REALLY crackdown on them, blah, blah, blah, and now look where we are.

Bush is the POSTER BOY for this bullsh*t and has already said that he would do NOTHING to really stem it because "it's an act of love" that they break our laws and come here.

I'd vote for the pile my dog just left in the yard before I'd vote for Bush.

30-Aug-15
Three of Jeb Bush's major money people backed out due to his low poll numbers.

30-Aug-15
And you can thank Trump for that!

30-Aug-15
If you so wish and can not answer that is understandable given the box you so eloquently put yourself in. Trimmed with the bow no less.

The Rock

30-Aug-15
Straw hell! Bush is the poster boy (or "NINO", in his case)for the GOP leadership's warped idea of what the party should be and where they want to take it, which is "Dem Lite" and "To Hell".

The plan was that Bush was going to be handed the money and then the nomination, but instead he's having his ass handed to him.

Trump and his mouth and independent money has kicked them square in the conjones and they are STILL bent over and gasping for air. I love it!!!

30-Aug-15
KPC,

OK...ok.

The Rock

• Sitka Gear