Narlyhorn 29-Aug-15
HA/KS 29-Aug-15
NvaGvUp 29-Aug-15
Narlyhorn 29-Aug-15
NvaGvUp 29-Aug-15
HA/KS 29-Aug-15
Woods Walker 30-Aug-15
28-Aug-15
So Donald Trump thinks his sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, would be a "phenomenal" Supreme Court justice. See link: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/videos/2015- 08-26/donald-trump-the-full-with-all-due-respect- interview

Despite giving allowance for the fact that she's his sister and he doesn't want to say anything negative about her, it concerns me greatly that he says she would be a "phenomenal" SC justice, considering that she thinks Partial Birth Abortion should have Constitutional protection. See the following link for more on that: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/423196/trump -praises-his-sister-pro-abortion-extremist-judge-ramesh- ponnuru

Given how many here are always saying how important it is to elect a President who will appoint good SC judges, I don't think she's the kind of judge they had in mind.

28-Aug-15
I think Cruz would be a good president and I think he would appoint good supreme court justices and I think he would make a great supreme court justice.

Partial birth abortion should not have Constitutional protection. I don't think Trumps sister should be a supreme court justice.

28-Aug-15
Trump this week also said Howard Stern would be a great Supreme Court justice. It's called being polite. Stop freaking out about all things Trump just because the one guy you love/support isn't winning. Sheeesh!

Trump and Cruz are getting along wonderfully. Give it a try...

28-Aug-15
WOW! Cruz as a Supreme Court Justice. We can only hope.

28-Aug-15
Excuse me....

Exactly WHY would a person NOT examine what a person running for the highest office in the world may or may not do if actually ELECTED to the highest office in the world?

I'm seeing "trump said this...." referencing something I KNOW certain supporters disagree with.... and his supporters basic argument is "I don't care..."

???

28-Aug-15
TD, "If you like your constitution you can keep it."

When will they ever learn?

28-Aug-15
We did learn. Can you say, "JUSTICE ROBERTS"???

Yes, THAT justice Roberts. The one who bent over and pulled convoluted legal interperatations from his a$$ and saved Obamacare TWICE!

Someone must have gotten his gerbil pics.

I don't trust ANY of the sons-a-batches anymore.

29-Aug-15
So you want to elect a guy who thinks so little of the supreme court (and the nomination process) that he either believes that those people would be good at the job, or he never intends to abide by the constitution.

He is so obama with a few twists thrown in to play the pipe to a different group of children.

29-Aug-15
Spike, they have to sort themselves out.

29-Aug-15
He knows what you asked, so he's being coy.

His old practice of always putting words in the mouths of others.

Same game, different day. Fact is, the Constitution is just that piece of paper both parties have been wiping their azzez with.

29-Aug-15
Narly, if you don't think that Trump is just another version of "I have a pen and a phone" then you have not been listening to him.

29-Aug-15
Spike,

"This is an old, tired ploy by a party desperate to promise more of what they cannot deliver."

So, who would you prefer to have nominate the next several SCOTUS justices; President Hillary Clinton or President Ted Cruz?

Before you answer, remember, the next POTUS is likely to be in position to nominate several SCOTUS Justices, not just one or two.

29-Aug-15
I think "the pen and phone" applies to the majority of politicians. Trump won't be any different.

I am of the opinion of what others are saying, that the GOP created Trump. Made their bed, so to speak. I'm just highly amused by it all. Kabuki theater.

You are right about one thing, I haven't been listening to him. Why should I?

Edit: Matter of fact, I haven't been listening to any of them. Talk is cheap.

29-Aug-15
Spike.

"My preference for the next president is not based on SC appointments so the question is not only silly but moot."

Really?

Here's the facts, Jack:

Ruth Buzzy Ginzburg, Age 82 and has cancer.

Antonin Scalia, Age 79.

Anthony Kennedy, Age 79.

Clarence Thomas, Age 67

Sam Alito, Age 65.

Steven Breyer, Age 77.

This means the next POTUS, if he/she serves two terms, could have at LEAST four or five Justices retire or die.

Who here wants Hillary to decide who replaces Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy, Ginzburg, and Breyer?

29-Aug-15
But Nva, it doesn't matter. After all, the leftist judges have voted on the right side of a couple of issues lately - I read it right here.

Republican nominees have voted on the wrong side several times, so it doesn't matter who is elected and doing the appointing.

Please don't look at the 99.5% wrong side for democrat appointees and 85% right side for republican appointees. They are just two heads of the same snake. Ask Spike if you don't believe me.

30-Aug-15
NVA: I used to think that too but Roberts rescuing Obamacare TWICE makes me think it maybe really doesn't make much difference. They will BOTH stiff you.

• Sitka Gear