2008 anybody but Bush

2016 anybody but a politician

I guess there isn't any problem.

28-Aug-15
Henry,

You forgot to add;

"2016, anybody but a bloviating huckster."

28-Aug-15
Nva, I know that he is just that, but the same philosophy that gave us obama is giving us Trump.

Trump is mostly immune to charges related to character or policy because anyone supporting him has already decided that they do not matter.

28-Aug-15
'anybody but Bush' - gave them a thin win

'anybody but a politician' - will give them the largest win ever, even with a loser candidate

28-Aug-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Henry,

Yup.

Because sadly, Trump supporters care little about the man's history, character, business dealings or anything else.

They buy his crap for no other reason than he's outspoken and not PC.

28-Aug-15
Trump as a popular candidate would not exist and be a non-topic here and elsewhere if not for the complete failure of the leadership of the GOP who do not give a damn about anything but retaining control of Congress (which they have yet to attempt to really use) and hope to capture the White House with another NDCP candidate.

I am (and others here) NOT a Trump supporter. What we realize is that it is the FAILURE of the GOP to be an opposition party and the eGOP refusal to address the real issues that are important to the GOP base. We are tired of electeds (both R and D)who always know what is best for us.

A simple gesture of removing Boehner and McConnel from leadership positions would make a statement that would change the parameters of the primary campaign. It would signal that the GOP has begun to listen to its voting base. Yet, all we see is attacking Trump instead of dealing with Obama, his dictates and out of control bureaucracies.

The blue dog democrats that supported Regan oft said that the Democrat Party left them. This is now true of the Republican Party. At least the Dems had an alternative in Regan.

I cannot name on person on this forum who has stated that they want to vote for Trump. Mostly the positive comments about him is that he has exposed the GOP for what it has become.

TAP/TAF 2016

28-Aug-15
WHAT HE SAID! ^^^^

29-Aug-15
WHAT HE SAID TOO!! ^^^^

29-Aug-15
The dems brought obama on themselves for trying to railroad the voters to accept hilary.

29-Aug-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

29-Aug-15
I happened to be near a TV at the hospital last night (wife was having a baby) and flipping the channels I saw a couple minutes of a live speech Trump was giving in Mass. I almost needed a bucket to throw up in. It was such a vacuous speech, so lacking in substance or details other than "I'll do it better, I'll be the best, everyone else is stupid, you'll see, blah, blah, blah, blah". Really amazes me what some intelligent Conservatives see in him that is anything deeper than the bloviating, showman huckster that he is. I saw another clip of him saying, in a different speech, that he would be "the best jobs President God ever created". If any other candidate in the race had the nerve to say anything so baldly arrogant and braggadocious, we would laugh at them and wouldn't take them one bit seriously. With Trump, though, utterly absurd statements like that just endear the sycophants to him even more. "Leadership", they say. Absurdity, I say.

29-Aug-15
"the best jobs President God ever created"

That could actually be true. There are some things that he would be good at. He would still be a disaster for America.

29-Aug-15
Joshua,

Congratulations on the new addition to your family-always a joyous occasion, all the best!

29-Aug-15
joshuaf...Congrats. All the best for you and yours.

Start a thread and post pics.

29-Aug-15
Congrat jf.

Too funny! The GOP is like the scientist who created Frankenstein. Now they need to destroy their creation before everyone realizes what a horrible mistake they have made.

Since I haven't read anyone here endorse Trump, I wonder who the real sycophants are? A bit of subtle disingenuousness to convince the more easily fooled of their conservative purity or others lack thereof? Just askin'.

29-Aug-15
Congratulations on the baby, what did she have?

29-Aug-15
Lol...Congrats Josh!

Mouse hit it on the head...I just think it's funny so many here are in a panic and its only September 2015...

Now if it were 2016, I might be a lil worried...

;-)

29-Aug-15
Sorry fellas, didn't intend to derail the thread talking about the new baby, just put that in there by way of explanation that I don't normally watch a lot of cable news tv, from any channel. She had a boy, our 4th son, and I wasn't watching TV until after the delivery:)

29-Aug-15
"Wasn't thinking that at all, We just assumed you were in the habit of hanging out at the local Hospital watching TV because it was cheaper than cable at home :-)"

Lol. Nope, don't have cable at home:)

29-Aug-15
"Congrats, joshuaf! I trust everyone is well!"

Yep, thanks for asking, mom and baby are both a-ok. Getting some rest at home today.

29-Aug-15

30-Aug-15
Josh, did you name him "Donald" ??? (I'm just kidding now) ....congrats to you and the wife....I wish well for all of our young into the future .... it is scary in America and The World today! .... We have to make a stand 2016 'for them' and their future.

I am so sick of politics ... I do find it invigorating the way The Donald is shaking up all concerned and the media! The Dem's and GOP and the media are running a muck in this 2015 frontal assault ..... it is a Sick Fun to watch and listen ....

30-Aug-15
I'll stand up to the criticism and smugness,. I will gladly cast my ballot for Donald Trump if he is the candidate. I much prefer Ted Cruz or Doctor Ben Carson but honestly will be happy with any departure from the norm by any intelligent candidate that is a reasonable person. Donald Trump knows how to delegate authority. That is very important. It is also something that is overlooked in all the naysayers talking points but anyone that has run a corporation knows how important that is to the success of the company. He knows how to trim off excess and useless or harmful fat. Also kind of important. What he does not know how to do is kiss anyones hiney. That seems to disturb some of you. I believe we have had enough of politicians and we need someone that will actually pursue the good of this nation. I believe Trump, Carson,. Cruz would all do that. I also honestly do not give a rip why they do it , what their motivation may be as long as it is right for the nation and embraces God.

God bless, Steve

30-Aug-15
"and embraces God."

Do you think that describes the foul-mouthed Trump?

30-Aug-15
Trump acknowledges God, Of course he is probably not the man of God that you are. But God used all sorts of men, Nebuchadrezer and Evilmerodach and Darius who God actually called his anointed shepherd. David who was an adulterer and a murderer yet he repented and God said he was a man after his own heart. Where is the love Bro? I live and walk in the spirit but I am not going to cast that stone. Trump may not be perfect but God may look upon him as a child. A child that God can use to His purpose. Oh , and who is to say that is not exactly what is happening right now. See Ben Carsons huge jump in the polls. Trump may be the winner and again perhaps he is being used to pave the way. Rememb er this though. God puts up who He will and puts down who He will. This one is past your paygrade and past my paygrade.

God bless, Steve

30-Aug-15
2008- TBVIEC

2012- TsBVIEC

2016- TtBVIEC

hopin one of them sticks. . .

30-Aug-15
I cannot name on person on this forum who has stated that they want to vote for Trump. Mostly the positive comments about him is that he has exposed the GOP for what it has become. THIS!!!!!!!

30-Aug-15
Pat, Jim in Ohio has said multiple times he will vote for Trump. Pretty sure HeadHunter has as well, possibly more I'm forgetting. Pretty sure Rupe would vote for him, based upon what he's said.

30-Aug-15
X-2 Pat.

30-Aug-15
Sixby, there is a difference between being a man of God and being used by God. God is using obama (who says he is a Christian). He used Hitler, Mao, and Stalin.

Are you saying that since God can use any man, we should not take their life into consideration in our voting?

30-Aug-15
"Are you saying that since God can use any man, we should not take their life into consideration in our voting?"

Excellent question, looking forward to his answer.

• Sitka Gear