onX Maps
U.S. $ rises to fade? Currency change?
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Sixby 29-Aug-15
Narlyhorn 29-Aug-15
Narlyhorn 29-Aug-15
29-Aug-15
I think if the US was still on a gold standard that right now gold would b values at about 6000. an ounce./ That may indicate what our dollar is really worth and how devalued our money is. I would say that if rationality and reason would ever deign to enter into the equason that gold would be a wonderful investment. However a lot of people are investing in a false economy called the stock market because its literally the only show in town where is it possible to make a percentage back on an investment. What they fail to see is the rigging of the system by instant transaction that is controlling the market. It cannot be competed with by the average joe who is being fleeced of the remainder of his savings and wealth by the uber rich. They are like milking a cash cow right now and the extreme volatility of the market is the milker milking. They buy on the penny down and sell on the 2 cents up. over and over until the investors wealth is gone.

God bless, Steve

29-Aug-15
If the US was still on a gold standard. We would not be going on $100 some trillion in debt, when calculating unfunded liabilities over the next generation following most of us. That is a disadvantage if sovereign nations choose to tax, spend and manipulate their own and each others economies and financials. Gold/silver are weighted equally around the globe. Currencies are not. Metals backed paper keeps government spending and growth in check.

Gold buyers are implied of being stupid or conspiracy theorists all throughout MS financial media. Gold bugs, blah, blah, blah, blah...

I have 3 generations of family just wanting to protect most the wealth they have earned from BIG GIVERNMENT, while only accepting counterparty risk of both present and future earnings on our own terms. We make our own decisions based on our moral, ethical patriotic and well thought out long term strategies that vary for each succeeding generation, for keeping what we earn. Physical gold/silver are a major component of that plan.

There is no question, there is a role for diversified investment in both paper and physical assets and it changes over time and from circumstance to circumstance. I would have more confidence in the MS financial community if they both recognize it in regard to gold/silver and openly expressed it on a broader scale.

It's all part of the Keynesian/Austrian divide. I'm aligned with the Austrian economists. Have been most of my adulthood once I made the effort to understand the differences. To me, you can't be a serious fiscal conservative without supporting and encouraging the understanding of those differences, the Keynesian failure and how it applies to the deterioration of both fiscal and social norms.

Edit: Almost forgot. ONLY GOLD/SILVER are real money and unencumbered from government and financial industry corruption. Just sit tight and be right. We've got generations to do it.

29-Aug-15
I don't think they're stupid.

I do however believe they (with a handful of exceptions) are shortsighted minions of the Keynesian utopia. Free money for all but simple honest savers.

Gold could go to zero on paper. That's just the price chart to discourage public ownership of physical. It won't be allowed to rise because it is the ultimate representation of loss of confidence in an over indebted nation and corrupt, ultimately failing monetary system. If it does, it's value if in possession, will have never been greater.

The Fed has a lot of tools at their disposal to delay the consequences of ignoring economic reality. There's an upside to that. It gives you more time to methodically prepare for them.

Edit: I should note that I don't KNOW they are ignoring economic reality, probably orchestrating it, you know, "doing God's work."

I don't think there are free markets currently, just interventions that ultimately exacerbate the decay of a failing monetary system. I try to manage my risk more closely now in that environment. One should never have all his eggs in such a basket and keep scanning the too top secret to disclose legislative trade agreements and geo political horizon.

• Sitka Gear