joshuaf 30-Aug-15
Pat C. 30-Aug-15
Anony Mouse 30-Aug-15
NvaGvUp 30-Aug-15
Pat C. 30-Aug-15
29-Aug-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
"Carson has the highest favorability rating among Republican candidates, with 79 percent of likely GOP caucus-goers seeing him positively."

"For Trump, nearly two-thirds of his supporters trust him to figure out the right decisions once in office. That's in keeping with a claim he made to reporters Aug. 15, shortly after landing by helicopter outside the Iowa State Fair, saying it's mostly the media that cares about policy papers and positions."

I guess the philosophy is "We don't want to elect a politician who doesn't do what they said they would do, so we are electing one who doesn't tell us what he will do. Trump for emperor!"

29-Aug-15
Henry,

How could 'JEB!' possibly be in 5th place?

I thought the EGOP had stacked the deck so he'd win anywhere and everywhere.

Please explain.

Spike and many others here have told us over and over and over again how the 'EGOP' would ensure 'JEB!' would walk away with the nomination.

29-Aug-15
It's because the voters are telling the EGOP to shove it this time around.

30-Aug-15
Shuteye, we know that the voters have no say in the matter.

30-Aug-15
"so we are electing one who doesn't tell us what he will do"

Nailed it.

Here are some interesting data points to show everyone just how little any polling about Iowa means right now.

The Iowa Caucus is still 150 days from now. That is practically an eternity in primary campaigns. On this exact day in 2011 (approx. 120 days before the 2012 GOP Caucus in Iowa), Rick Santorum was at 4% in the Iowa Caucus polls, Romney was at 17%, and Santorum ended up beating Romney by a nose, 24.6% to 24.5%.

On this day in 2011, Newt Gingrich was at 2% in the poll, and he ended up with 13%.

On this day in 2011, Rick Perry was the frontrunner in the poll at 29% (not quite double the 2nd place person) and he ended up with 10%.

On this day in 2011, the person in 2nd place in the poll was Bachmann at 18% and she ended up with 5% on voting day then immediately dropped out of the race.

On this day in 2011, Herman Cain was at 4% in the poll. 6 weeks later he was crushing the field with 37%. On election day he got 0% because he was out of the race.

In the 2008 Iowa Primary, at the end of August, 2007, Mike Huckabee was at 14%, in 3rd place. He ended up with 34% on voting day, besting 2nd place Romney by nearly 10%. McCain was at 5% in late August, and ended up with 13% on voting day. Giuliani was at 17% in late August and ended up with 3%.

It is the natural emotional inclination to get seriously invested in the results of these polls and think "it's a done deal", even almost half a year before the actual vote, but the hard, verifiable truth is that the primary season has barely just begun and the results in Iowa aren't even remotely close to a done deal, if one will just take the time to look at history and see that the same thing happens every 4 years.

30-Aug-15
Im in Iowa and I went Ted, Scott, Don , Ben, I think Ben Needs to be a vice once to see how to play hard ball in the shithole.

30-Aug-15
Consevative Treehouse has created a reputation of pretty fair and comprehensive reporting since I first came across it.

There have been a number of postings looking at the Republican nomination process. It might be worthwhile checking out its postings using the search: tripwire.

The RNC/eGOP had a plan, and Trump turns out to be the X-factor that has screwed it up.

A few links:

GOPe 2016 Road Map To Victory – Tree House Challenge…

“Tripwire Alert” – The Message Inside The Message – Donald Trump Frames Bush/Rubio…

Jeb Bush Ground Campaign Collapses – Campaign Fundraisers Quit – Super-PACs Bush’s Only Hope….

30-Aug-15
Mouse,

"Jeb Bush Ground Campaign Collapses – Campaign Fundraisers Quit – Super-PACs Bush’s Only Hope….'

Nonsense!

That can't possibly be true, even though he's polling in single digits all across the board.

Didn't you get the word that the "EGOP" has rigged the primaries so as to guarantee the EGOP candidate, aka, "JEB!," will be the nominee?

30-Aug-15
I hope that Jeb is on Hillary's broom when she crashes it.

• Sitka Gear