HA/KS 30-Sep-15
The Old Sarge 01-Oct-15
HA/KS 02-Oct-15
Rocky 02-Oct-15
Bowbender 03-Oct-15
Anony Mouse 04-Oct-15
28-Sep-15

HA/KS's Link
From the link: "The New York Times reported the U.S. Military has issued orders to troops in Afghanistan to disregard the instances of sexual abuse of young boys by Afghan officials — even if they occurred on U.S. Military bases — “because it’s their culture.”

From the comments: "It is also their culture to harbor and train terrorists that flew planes into buildings. Isn't it why we were there in the first place?"

"If our military will stand by and allow this to happen in Afghanistan, they will do the same when this behavior is HERE. By then, they will have become so inured to it, they won't even see it as wrong."

29-Sep-15
Spike X2

29-Sep-15
Now spikey, it just that kind of imperialistic attitude that's gottten us into all this trouble in the first place!

They get do whatever they want because America is awful and have caused all the ills in the world. Don't you listen to the Sh*t Stain? That's what he believes and as much as said so to the world when he went on his apology tour of the mid-east when he was first elected and bowed to the camel humpers.

That made me want to throw up. In fact I've been throwing up a lot the past 7 years!!!

29-Sep-15
If our soldiers, institutionally speaking, cannot defend a boy from serial rape, of what use are they? Of what use are we?

29-Sep-15
I don't know if it talks about it in that article, but two of our special forces guys got in trouble because they couldn't take it anymore and beat the crap out of one of those sickos who they caught assaulting a boy.

29-Sep-15
"... but on our bases we should force them to play by our rules!"

Not that I disagree, Spike. I do not. However, it depends to large measure on what the Status of Forces Agreement (SoFA) is with Afghanistan ... if there even is one.

You see, when the US military operates bases in other countries, they do so according to the rules and laws of that country. In most cases, the host country and the US will work out a SoFA which spells out exactly what is supposed to happen in cases of conflicts in jurisdiction, treatment of citizens of the host country while on the base, treatment of US personal while off base, etc.

It may very well be that the SoFA with Afghanistan (if there IS one), either prohibits the US from acting on this or it is not addressed at all. Either way, we'd be helpless to act.

The Old Sarge

29-Sep-15
Owl X2

29-Sep-15
We all get that TOS, but wrong is wrong! Personal rights are personal rights and should be defended.

That fine man may be in trouble but I sure hope the new president pardons him and gives him his job back.

These people are sick.

29-Sep-15
I'm not defending the abuse of boys by anyone. But if we violate the SoFA (assuming there is one), we would be in a lot more mess than we already are.

Sometimes you have to pick which fight you're going to fight.

29-Sep-15
catholic priests have been buggering boys for centuries.....

29-Sep-15
I can't imagine a crime more deserving of a torturous death sentence than raping a child. Sick ba$tards, whether it is Muslims in Afghanistan or Catholic priests in the USA.

29-Sep-15
I'm sure if SFC Martland caught a Catholic priest raping a boy, he'd a) still kick the offender's ass and b) still have almost unanimous American support. Good grief.

TOS, we do not need to be spending money in countries wherein we are prohibited from intervening on behalf of a young boy being bound and raped.

29-Sep-15
Owl X2 X2

30-Sep-15
How would the founding fathers have handled this? I suspect that the perp would have been tried immediately and hung at dawn - assuming that he survived being captured.

01-Oct-15
"TOS, we do not need to be spending money in countries wherein we are prohibited from intervening on behalf of a young boy being bound and raped."

I never said we should. What I think we SHOULD do is negotiate better SoFAs. That or just get the hell out of all the shit holes we're in now.

And for the record, Catholic priests and misguided Muslims are not the only ones buggering boys. But they are the ones hiding behind their religion and religious leaders to get away with it.

The Old Sarge

PS A priest can have his ass kicked just like anybody else.

02-Oct-15
From Obadiah 3-4

The pride of your heart has deceived you...you who say to yourself,‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’

Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, from there I will bring you down,” declares the Lord.

02-Oct-15
sureshot,

"I can't imagine a crime more deserving of a torturous death sentence than raping a child."

That is all that need be known about a person and their heart concerning a child.

I would hope God Himself would agree.

The Rock

03-Oct-15
And for some reason we seem to think we need to import this culture into our borders.

04-Oct-15

Anony Mouse's Link

• Sitka Gear