Contributors to this thread:
Anony Mouse 01-Oct-15
HA/KS 03-Oct-15
Rocky 04-Oct-15
Rocky 04-Oct-15
Rocky 04-Oct-15
01-Oct-15
MITCH MCCONNELL CALLS FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

(and the consolidation of the Uniparty--Mouse)

In the wake of establishment Republican John Boehner’s forced resignation as Speaker of the House many conservatives have called for establishment Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to step down as well.

The Conservative indictment of the “leadership” of Boehner and McConnell has been that they have regularly failed to stand for conservative policy and have all too readily caved-in to Obama on matters such as funding Planned Parenthood, Obama’s illegal executive amnesty, spending, the deficit and raising the national debt ceiling.

So what is Mitch McConnell’s response to conservative calls for his resignation?

He called for another deal with Obama, this time on a two year spending plan.

"We'd like to settle the top line for both years so next year we can have a regular appropriations process," McConnell said according to reporting by The Washington Examiner’s Susan Ferrechio. "The president, Speaker Boehner and I spoke about getting started on discussions last week, and I would expect them to start very soon."

The House and Senate this week are expected to pass a short-term funding measure because Congress has not passed the necessary appropriations bills in “regular order” and the end of the fiscal year is upon them.

True to form, establishment Republican congressional leaders are signaling that they will engage in another exercise in taking themselves hostage by passing a short term funding bill that lasts only until Dec. 11, the last day Congress is in session before the Christmas break.

While Ferrechio reports that the short term Continuing Resolution (CR) is intended to give Congress time for the two branches of government to negotiate a bigger legislative deal that would last at least until the end of fiscal 2016, and possibly include a "top line" number for 2017, this is really just another exercise in government by planned or intended crisis.

Obama has already said he wants an end to the sequester spending caps that he and McConnell engineered to raise the debt ceiling and that have already been broken once in the Ryan – Murray budget deal.

Indeed, the President said back in March as the budget process began that he will refuse to sign any spending measure for fiscal 2016 and beyond that does not walk back the spending caps required by sequestration.

So how will Boehner and McConnell sell their inevitable cave-in on spending?

As we explained in our article “Next Republican Leaders Must Stop Holding Themselves Hostage” it is no accident that the date for the CR is the last day Congress is in session for the year.

The only way McConnell, Boehner and their Big Government progressive Republican “leadership” teams could possibly satisfy the demands of their paymasters in the Wall Street – Washington – Silicon Valley Axis was to constantly hold conservatives, and themselves, hostage to a seemingly endless series of government shutdown crises, where the only alternative given a vote was to cave in to the demands for more spending and more power for Obama.

This was true on the fight to defund Obamacare, the various debt ceiling battles, the CRomnibus, the non-fight to defund Obama’s executive amnesty, the Corker bill ratifying Obama’s nuclear weapons treaty with Iran and a host of other issues large and small.

The CR is the ultimate test of the new Republican leadership in House.

If there’s a short term CR that goes through the first part of January 2016 and gives Congress time to work its will and set the stage for the presidential election with a conservative spending plan for Fiscal Year 2016, then that is a sign the new leaders are ready stop holding themselves hostage, abandon government by crisis, and that the Boehner era is truly over.

If, however, the CR ends on December 11, 2015, the last day Congress is scheduled to be in Session before the Christmas holiday break, then you should understand that while the names may have changed, the failed Boehner government by crisis strategy hasn’t.

Mitch McConnell engineered a similar deal to take the debt ceiling and spending off the table right before the 2012 presidential election, depriving Republicans of a potent issue against Obama.

A two year deal that effectively takes spending off the table as an issue in the 2016 presidential campaign would be a disaster for Republicans because they would once again be complicit in the Obama-led tsunami of spending, deficits and debt that are wrecking the American economy. Such a deal would show beyond a shadow of a doubt that getting rid of John Boehner wasn’t enough and that the need for a thorough house cleaning in the top ranks of the Capitol Hill GOP is the only thing that can save the Republican Party.

If the eGOP continues down their path and successfully nominates Bush (or a Bush clone), the 2016 Presidential election will not be a "lesser of two weasels" election--it will be a Hilliary "What difference does it make" choice. We will have a uniparty government in all but name.

TAF/TAP 2016

03-Oct-15
Cruz would be great on SCOTUS! I still prefer him to Carson as POTUS. Could he appoint himself to SCOTUS at the end of two POTUS terms?

04-Oct-15
If Carson becomes POTUS you can disk all plans IMO. This country, residing in the present state of disarray will collapse like a spinal shot. The Good Doctor knows exactly what I am talking about.

Absolutely incredible that people could be duped not once, not twice but three times successively using their ears to vote in place of their heads IMO.

I asked this before. Try vetting some of these candidates on your own in place of feeling good about what you see. Remember Chris Mathews tingling feeling up his legs for O?

What do we know about this man Carson? He separated conjoined twins? I've read some things about his character that are a window into his soul and POCKET which are troubling. The powerful POCKET. That which we can not see or hear but rules all of our lives.

The Rock

04-Oct-15
If Carson becomes POTUS you can disk all plans IMO. This country, residing in the present state of disarray will collapse like a spinal shot. The Good Doctor knows exactly what I am talking about.

Absolutely incredible that people could be duped not once, not twice but three times successively using their ears to vote in place of their heads IMO.

I asked this before. Try vetting some of these candidates on your own in place of feeling good about what you see. Remember Chris Mathews tingling feeling up his legs for O?

What do we know about this man Carson? He separated conjoined twins? I've read some things about his character that are a window into his soul and POCKET which are troubling. The powerful POCKET. That which we can not see or hear but rules all of our lives.

The Rock

04-Oct-15

The Rock

• Sitka Gear