Jim in Ohio 02-Oct-15
Shuteye 02-Oct-15
Steve CO 02-Oct-15
TD 03-Oct-15
02-Oct-15

Bowboy's Link
Is this legit?

02-Oct-15
Looks like it. If wolves are not hunted, they can lose all fear of man.

02-Oct-15
Jim, I've read that wolf attacks in Europe and Asia are very common. Here they are not. Speculation is that the prevalence of firearms and ranchers and farmers who use them is the primary difference in behavior.

02-Oct-15
I wonder why the heck he was carrying without a round in the chamber. AND, why did he let the first wolf get within kicking distance before he took a shot?

Not saying I doubt his story, but some parts of it don't ring quite true to me. Seems to me when the wolf is that close, it's a good time for a head shot.

02-Oct-15
I even have a round in the chamber in the house. My wife has one of those pistols just like his but she prefers her 357 mag or 9 MM. I also don't use FMJ except for plinking. Hollow point defense loads are the ticket. He is lucky in my opinion.

02-Oct-15

HA/KS's Link
List of known wolf attacks at link.

02-Oct-15
You are more likely to be killed by a dog or deer than a wolf.

02-Oct-15
But it can still happen.

02-Oct-15
Over the last twenty years average fifty people are killed in the United states by lightning each year. No matter what kind of gun you have it wouldn't help you. For some reason people just have a natural fear of wolves. I'll admit I wouldn't want to tangle with one.

02-Oct-15
Hmmm... They seem to like attacking people with Arabic/muslim names..

03-Oct-15
"You are more likely to be killed by a dog or deer than a wolf."

Yeah but tell that to your dog or deer... or elk or moose...

I know guys that wolves killed their hounds in ID. As well as areas devoid of game from wolves.

Wolves..... smoke a pack a day.....

• Sitka Gear