Shuteye 06-Oct-15
Woods Walker 06-Oct-15
RK 06-Oct-15
Anony Mouse 06-Oct-15
bad karma 06-Oct-15
Anony Mouse 06-Oct-15
Woods Walker 06-Oct-15
02-Oct-15
For all you guys who long have proclaimed that Bush was destined to be the GOP nominee because the eGOP would make it so,...

"What say yee now?"

"Pew Poll: Trump Leads GOP Field, Jeb Craters to Four Percent

The latest national poll from Pew Research shows Donald Trump still leading the Republican pack, attracting the support of one-fourth of the GOP-leaning electorate. Another 25 percent of these voters are pure undecideds. Ben Carson remains in second place at 16 percent, followed by Marco Rubio and Carly Fiorina -- who are tied at eight percent apiece. Ted Cruz sits in the mid-single-digits, followed by Jeb Bush at...four percent."

02-Oct-15
Who are the crazy 4 per cent that would vote for him.

02-Oct-15
The eGOP still think Bush will be the nominee. They say he is playing it cool and as others drop out he won't have to since he has loads of money. The others will run out of cash and then Bush will come on strong. I hope they are wrong.

02-Oct-15
Hackbow,

" I'm sure you are aware that a company's stock price often falls when earnings reports exceed expectations. Why? Because investors lose confidence in the management team's ability to accurately forecast. Stupid, but it happens."

BZZZT! Wrong!

A company's thinking is not what drives earnings expectations. Earnings expectations are driven by analysts' estimates.

IMO, at least in my industry, analysts frequently have no clue as to what a particular company's actual business model really is, and therefore have little or no clue as to what drives earnings.

And then,

"You have claimed you won't vote for him in the general because of lies, character, trust, etc....

I have never, ever said any such thing!

I would never vote for this clown in the primary. But if he gets the nomination, which he won't, I would absolutely vote for him in the General, as the alternative is too ghastly to even consider!

02-Oct-15
Shuteye is right on all points.

02-Oct-15
I am going to swallow my tongue.....

The Rock

02-Oct-15
Shuteye is wrong.

Bush will not only not be the nominee, he'll be gone shockingly early in the process.

02-Oct-15
Shuteye did not say Bush will be the nominee.

He said the eGOP still thinks Bush will be the nominee.

If one reads carefully what he actually said, Shuteye is right on all points.

02-Oct-15
sundowner,

Maybe so, but that in no way changes my premise on the thread.

02-Oct-15
Kyle,

The premise of the thread has not been denied, unless the premise is that the establishment GOP does not prefer that Bush be their nominee.

02-Oct-15

02-Oct-15
"Act Of Love" Bush would be as pathetic on illegal immigration as Obama is.

If Bush is the nominee then it'll be the first time since I started voting in 1973 that I won't be voting for a Republican nominee for President.

02-Oct-15
Was just discussing this with a friend over some truth serum tonight (ok....beer). Anyway, I think its going to work out to be Rubio as our choice in the general.

Young, good looking, "minority" Hispanic, left of moderate. EGOP's wet dream of a candidate actually.

Just sayin'.

02-Oct-15
Egop is looking for Romney again. Few believe that he lost the last time including me. Not my choice though. I believe that Ted Cruz is the one that will finally come out on top. He is really the highest qualified of everyone in the race from either side.

God bless, Steve

02-Oct-15

Anony Mouse's Link
Conservative Treehouse has had a number of articles on the "tripwire"...

Another source somewhat confirms the view (link).

Trump has been the wildcard that has messed up the eGOP map to nominate Bush. He has also exposed the eGOP as a major contributor to the uniparty.

03-Oct-15
WHERE did I say that I'd vote for a Democrat? You assume too much.

Okay, I guess I'll have to explain it further. I will NOT vote for Bush if he's the Republican nominee, because he's too much like the Democrat nominee. So what that means is that I either will not vote AT ALL for the POTUS, or I will consider a 3rd party candidate if he/she is suitable, which is unlikely.

Bush is not a "choice", but an echo, and I'm done with that bullsh*t.

03-Oct-15
I will never vote for Bush either. His support of illegal immigration is sick.

03-Oct-15
Jim Moore,

Rubio is a lot more conservative than you think.

His ACU rating is 98% Lifetime and 96% for 2015 and 2014.

His Club For Growth rating is 93% Lifetime and 92% for 2014. (Ted Cruz's scores are 96% and 92% respectively.)

His Conservative Review rating is 80%, 7th best among GOP Senators.

All three of these organizations base their ratings on votes cast on legislation, not on rhetoric.

03-Oct-15
Yes and Rubio is terrible on illegal immigration. I will never vote for him either.

03-Oct-15
Jim,

Rubio's immigration stance is troubling for sure, but he has never voted for amnesty of any sort and has backtracked on things he said previously.

03-Oct-15
but an echo, and I'm done with that bullsh*t.

Bravo.

There are many reasons to backtrack. Most for politicians is not so much what they have come to believe and views have changed, as it is their discovery of what the people want to hear. Then of course their new message is loud and clear.

The Rock

03-Oct-15
"Most for politicians is not so much what they have come to believe and views have changed, as it is their discovery of what the people want to hear. Then of course their new message is loud and clear."

You're talking about Trump, right? No one's switched positions more than The Donald.

03-Oct-15
...and that's why CRUZ is my pick!

03-Oct-15
And to vote for a RINO is exactly the same. Boehner, McConnell, etc. You settle for crap and crap is exactly what you get.

You know, 8 years ago I was saying the same thing you are, but after what's gone on in the GOP and getting backstabbed time and time again I say NO MORE! The only way we can get them to even listen to us is if we DON'T buy their BS. And I'm not. I'm done.

04-Oct-15
Spike,

While I understand your frustration and respect your position (and WW's) you're making an oversimplification in my opinion of the rationale Kyle and others are expressing.

As I stated in the run-up to the 2012 election given the options of Mitt Romney or Barack Obama I would follow the physician's creed "first do no harm."

To distill this down (and I'm speaking in a broad sense not insinuating your post was singling me out, just so we're clear) to voting for someone you don't want to avoid getting someone you don't want is minimizing the known impact of the latter via simplifying the former.

No one had any doubts as to Obama's agenda; no one. Romney was certainly a candidate that needed to be forced down but in many ways immeasurably better than what we were saddled with. If we take it to the most basic level I doubt even you would argue on a human level Romney was not a vastly superior option to Obama.

Where you, I, WW and I'm sure Kyle are in completely agreement on is that we need to do all in our power to ensure we don't face the same moral dilemna in 13 months; that we have a choice we can coalesce and yes, be excited about casting our votes for.

I think we have those types of options in our present field and will certainly do all I can to see one of them is on the ballot in the general.

04-Oct-15
Gva,

To your original questionI would think you are going to have to thank, (this is going to hurt I know...hold on now ;-) Donald Trump for that. No? ;-)

The Rock

04-Oct-15
I understand what you are saying KPC, but how many times does one have to ram their head into a wall before they realize that,

"HEY! I'd better stop doing this! It hurts like hell and the wall is not only still there, but it's gotten bigger!"

I've been controlling my gag reflex and voting for the McCains (well, in his case ONLY because of Palin) and Romney's with the hope that if we could get control of the House and Senate then that would at least be a check on Obama's path of destruction AS THEY PROMISED!!

Well, they did get it and look what's happened....NOTHING! The lying SOBs haven't even TRIED!

I have been duped for the last time.

04-Oct-15
They did that in 2012. And don't get that the result sucks.

04-Oct-15
How deep do some have to walk in c--- befor they recognize that it stinks. Every election we hear this electing Democrats stuff and every election the results are that the ---- gets deeper.

Vote for right and stop supporting wrong.

God bless, steve

04-Oct-15
04-Oct-15
BK and KPC, 4 years ago I was saying the exact same things that you are, so I do understand where you're coming from. But that's changed, and I really do think that many more Republicans are beginning to see it the same way. No more lies, no more bullsh*t promises. It's over.

No more "Democrat Lite".

04-Oct-15
We're getting it anyway. The end result is the same.

Truth is, I really don't see a whole lot of difference in the end result anymore. Either way we're screwed. The difference is that with the Democrats it's a quicky, while the Republicans take their time working us over, but it's BOHICA either way.

It's like having your head blown off as opposed to a slow death by 1000 cuts by a "friend" who's telling you as he gutting you that he's really on your side.

Some "friend"!!!

What really put me over the top is the p*ss poor results we've gotten from the GOP majority in the legislature over the past 2 years. They may as well be Democrats for all the good it's done us.

04-Oct-15
"The end result is the same." That is not a true statement. It is impossible to say how much different it would be, but you can get a glimpse by looking at the two years that obama and his friends controlled both houses of congress and the white house.

04-Oct-15
Yes, and in the two years since they haven't, what's changed??? And what has the GOP majority for the past two years even TRIED to do you reverse or stop it??

Answer........NOTHING!

We need change, BIG change. This CANNOT continue.

Whomever the Dem cnadidate is, they will come at the Republican candidate with knives out and fangs bared. They will be merciess and will lie their collective keisters off. We need a Republican candidate who will give it RIGHT back to them, in spades (no pun intended towards the Sh*t Stain), taking no prisoners.

Bush IS NOT that guy. Neither are many them in the race now. If they want my vote they are going to have to PROVE to me that they are in this fight to WIN, and they must have blood in their eyes and steel in their backbone. If not then NONE will get my vote.

I WILL NOT put up with another loser like Romney who let himself be humiliated by Obama and his fluffer Candy Crawley in that last debate, and then had to endure the two bullsh*t artists Boehner and McConnell as they SQUANDERED the past two years. I actually have more revulsion for them than I do for the Sh*t Stain. I KNOW that the Sh*t Stain will lie about everything he says and that he is my enemy. I expected better from those who claimed to be on the same side as me.

04-Oct-15
..or when we get more as*holes like Boehner and McConnell.

And they were different??? Really? Is that what you had to tell yourself when they got the power and then did nothing? Two years, two whole years p*ssed away because our "leadership" thought it'd be better to go along/get along with the Democrats than to even attempt to oppose them. Hell, they even voted to CONTINUE to FUND the very Obamacare that NO Republican even cast a single vote for! That sure as hell sounds like the same result to me.

We apparently have an opposing definition of what "different" means.

This crap is NOT going to end until we say "ENOUGH"!

One day you too will say "ENOUGH"! I've already reached that point. But when you do there will be a place for you in the ranks.....;-)

05-Oct-15
Uniparty: the eGOP (uGOP?) has shown itself as a non-opposition party and NOT what it advertised itself to be.

One might hope that new leadership might change the course, but we have heard such promises before: "words--just words..."

Our icon Regan said, "Trust, but verify." How does one even begin to trust this party based upon their record compared to promises of the 2012 and 2014 elections where the promise of opposition was placed with acquisition? When was Obama forced to own his fails with a veto?

The eGOP excuse was that they needed more "power" in spite of controlling both houses of Congress.

The Uniparty has been exposed.

05-Oct-15
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I have no faith in them anymore.

05-Oct-15
Having no faith in them is different from "The end result is the same."

05-Oct-15
Spike,

Some people hear with the ears some with their eyes others with their pockets. Then sadly, some hear not at all.

The Rock

05-Oct-15
Spike,

I have encountered many "walls" in my life. Some will not allow you to climb, purposely built to resist scaling them. They remain in the exact same place to which they have been built by men of human fault and their environment is never changing. They will not move until the flood waters breaches them. Then, grudgingly, fall to pieces.

The Rock

05-Oct-15

Mike in CT's embedded Photo
One wall I've encountered......

05-Oct-15

though I enjoyed this one a little more.....

05-Oct-15
I don't know what the hell you are talking about and I am not joking.

The Rock

05-Oct-15
Rocky,

Well, now you know how we feel when we read your posts! LOL!

05-Oct-15
Beat me to it Kyle. Priceless

05-Oct-15
KPC. Thank you for addressing the 6th grade phrases "Hey four eyes" Hey freckle face

How about giverment , shat stain. And on and on

Mike you did not like the wall in china?

05-Oct-15
But...but...he IS a Sh*t Stain!

And I'm trying to be NICE!!!

05-Oct-15

RK,

I did enjoy the Great Wall; just like Pink Floyd a bit more.....like this one a lot too.....

05-Oct-15
I like this wall......

05-Oct-15
NVA,

If this is what has been your meaning then yes, now I understand.

The Rock

05-Oct-15
WW, back in the day I got to see Faron do that in person. I also got to lean on Fats Domino's piano while he played Blue Berry hill on TV. Mom was so excited to see me on TV.

05-Oct-15
That must have been awesome!

05-Oct-15
Now all the Faron Young songs are playing in my head!

A oldie/goodie.........

06-Oct-15
Did you know that Faron's oldest sun died at 4 in the morning? One of Faron's biggest hits was 4 in the morning. Faron was one of my favorites but was an alcoholic and that lead to his suicide.

06-Oct-15
I didn't know that about his son. I did know that he had drinking problems and that he took his own life.

06-Oct-15
Hackbow. Good job. Forgot about uniparty That one falls into the same category Hard to keep up with all of them at times

06-Oct-15
I confess. I am probbly the person who launched the term "uniparty" on the CF. I did not coin the term as I did with TBVIEC (and its derivatives), but found that the article I cited made the case:

The UniParty Evidenced – Another Missing Federal Budget, This Time With Republicans In Full Control…

Read it...and then this article upon which the previous article may well have been predicated:

Breaking The UniParty

From link:

"...The Republican Party’s leaders have functioned as junior members of America’s single ruling party, the UniParty. Acting as the proverbial cockboat in the wake of the Democrats’ man-of-war, they have made Democratic priorities their own when the White House and the Congress were in the hands of Republicans as well as in those of Democrats, and when control has been mixed. The UniParty, the party of government, the party of Ins, continues to consist of the same people. The Outs are always the same people too: American conservatives. They don’t have a party.

Whatever differences exist within the Uniparty, between Republican John Boehner and Democrat Nancy Pelosi, between Republican Mitch McConnell and Democrat Harry Reid, get worked out behind closed doors. Those differences are narrow. The latest negotiations were over some $80 billion out of three trillion dollars in spending. The bipartisan negotiators did not let into the room any of the major issues that concern Americans. Not Obamacare, not racial preferences, not religious liberty, not endless no-win wars. The UniParty is unanimous: more of the same!

Hence, so long as the Uniparty exists, mere voters will have no way of affecting what the government does.

Breaking up the Uniparty, means breaking the Democrats’ hold on non- Democrat congressmen and senators. The only way to do that is to break the Republican leadership’s hold on other Republicans and on the Republican label. That in turn requires using the primaries to screen out UniParty people.

Doing this is more possible than ever, providing conservatives learn to hang together before they are hanged separately..."

This was written in 2013! And we are now seeing the beginnings of a movement to wrest control of our government from not only the obamunists, but also the beltway Republicans who put power ahead of the wishes of their constituencies.

The term "uniparty" is a valid one for any who oppose the establishment Republicans who put the Chamber of Commerce, special interests and their own status ahead of voters who put them into office based upon promises made.

06-Oct-15
I disagree. There are specific individuals who should be targeted, but terms like "uniparty" and the like, have no meaning, both contracting and expanding as people choose.

Meaningless, undefined, words are not helpful. Nor is WW's "sh*t stain" which certainly will be interpreted as a racial slur.

06-Oct-15

Anony Mouse's Link

06-Oct-15
LOL! I really don't give a rat's patoot if someone wants to play the race card. All I know is that EVERYTHING Obama has touched turns to crap, and his "stain" is going to stink the place up for generations.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em, and I know a Sh*t Stain when I see one.

Only a Sh*t Stain would use the still warm bodies of the people in Oregon to tout his anti-gun agenda.

Only a Sh*t Stain would vote to NOT use lifesaving measures on an infant that survived a late term abortion but to continue to try to butcher it on the table.

In fact, he gives sh*t a bad name! If that makes me a racist then so be it.

• Sitka Gear