Coyote 65 06-Oct-15
HA/KS 06-Oct-15
HA/KS 06-Oct-15
TD 06-Oct-15
Owl 06-Oct-15
Woods Walker 06-Oct-15
Anony Mouse 06-Oct-15
05-Oct-15
....then WHY isn't the White House, Senate, House, Supreme Court, and countless other government buildings and facilities truly "Gun Free" like our schools are, with NO armed people whatsoever?

I mean, if our CHILDREN'S only defense against an armed assailant is hiding under a desk, why can't the President, Senators, Reps, judges, mayors, etc. do the same???

05-Oct-15
They expect to be safe but don't give a hoot about the average American. They are afraid for us to have guns and that is the way it should be. If we are all unarmed they don't fear us.

06-Oct-15
I am not a lawyer, and don't play one on TV and did not sleep in a motel last night, but it seems to me that if an injured party were to sue the owners of the gun free zone on the basis that since they have denied the injured party their god given right to self defense the owner of the gun free zone now has the responsibility to provide security. Failure to do so would be the grounds for one to sue.

Terry

06-Oct-15
Coyote, Kansas passed a law that all government (schools excepted) buildings either had to allow carry or have metal detectors at the doors. It made a lot of sense to me.

06-Oct-15

HA/KS's Link
Great analysis of gun free zones, mental health, and mass shootings at link.

06-Oct-15
I think one of the shootings the shooter killed the guard at the metal detector.... who was unarmed I believe?

Victim Zones only exist to make victims feel safer... like "no free speech" zones make the perpetually offended ultra sensitive to being offended....

Or in reality make those who initiate such zones feel like superior human beings who care more than other human beings. They want to do something that makes a difference with out actually, you know, doing something that requires effort and responsibility. Caring more than others should be enough....

06-Oct-15
Coyote65, In the instance of private enterprise, the answer is obvious: go somewhere else. As for schools and other governmental facilities, you make a logical point. Inasmuch as I am not a lawyer, I don't know if you make a legal point, though.

K-12 public schooling is a good example because parents and children are under threat of penalty if the kids (and, thereby, the parents) do not participate. In so doing, they are forced to forego the right of self protection.

06-Oct-15
They put started making schools with fireproof materials, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers many decades ago and not one child has persihed in a school fire since.

So why not do the same with defense against an armed intruder?

Would you make a kid hide under his desk if a fire started? Of course not!

06-Oct-15

• Sitka Gear